Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Stoke AWAY Match Thread

This game's gone.  No point trying to risk more yellow and red cards by flying into tackles or looking at the ref in any manner that he doesn't like.  The result will be to get our players banned for more matches which will take the repercussions of this match well into the future.

Let's take the positives that the team were performing better than expected, and if they can do so today, they can do so again.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Wasn't Pawson the ref who SHOULD have sent someone off in the week (Rojo?) but didn't?

Not surprised it's happened today.

Yep. Howard webb saying it's touch and go (yellow or red) and been tipped to red by the slating he got from that. 

Not surprised pawson has lost control and ****ed up trying to regain it by booking anyone who looks at him funny - man is beyond useless

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What are you on about? Vardy left the ground at speed with both feet up. 
players make mistakes and don't time things perfectly. 

Vardy went in stupidly, he did not need to go in how he did. 
If a player goes in for a tackle in a way that is anything but SENSIBLE, they deserve to get carded, unless you think players should be allowed to tackle without trying to be sensible.

Watching the replay again, it is an awful decision. Barely ever off the ground, studs down and it's actually because Glen Johnson is holding him. Not even a foul. Then some of the decisions after that are a joke. King wins the ball and gets booked.

Unfortunately the pen was the correct decision but the ref already ruined the game. We were starting to batter them too. Very frustrating.

Can we please stop moaning about the referee. It's gone and it's done with. Vardy was asking for trouble going in with his studs. Simpson was a stonewall peno.

Be angry with the players for their reaction to this. We have totally lost the plot and lost our discipline.  It happens. We showed the spirit we showed last season we'd still be in this.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What are you on about? Vardy left the ground at speed with both feet up. 
players make mistakes and don't time things perfectly. 

Vardy went in stupidly, he did not need to go in how he did. 
If a player goes in for a tackle in a way that is anything but SENSIBLE, they deserve to get carded, unless you think players should be allowed to tackle without trying to be sensible.

He was pushed which made him lose balance at the last second. If it had been an oppo player doing that, we'd have been baying for blood. I can see it being overturned though. 

Doesn't excuse the ref's poor performance. No game management whatsoever. Not talking to the players and calming them down and just going straight to his pocket. 

Second goal was a real sucker punch. 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Ok well you thought wrong but fair enough. You've backed poulsen, I think he's a put in a disgraceful performance. 

Oh don't get me wrong I think he's had a terrible game, but I just can't have a go at him for making a snap decision based on the way vardy went in, because at first sight I thought it was a 2 footed lunge. 

I know I was wrong on the replay but refs don't get that, and he clearly had conviction in his decision. 
Vardy did go in stupidly, even with a well timed tackle a player only has to move their ankle and it's broken by the way vardy went in. 

We were doing so well as well. The red card was harsh but I could see why he gave it. The pen, although it wasn't deliberate, I can't argue with. This ref won't be happy though until he's sent another one of ours off. He's a total ****.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes the ref is crap, but the reaction from our players and manager has been even worse imo.

Playing into the opposition hands and it's unprofessional.

Well at least it shows passion and fire - something that we have been lacking since May........

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

No.

Deliberate handball is punished by a free kick, not necessarily a yellow card.

"Arm in an unnatural position" is a factor to be considered by the ref in determining whether it's deliberate.

Very surprised you don't know this as you're one of the more knowledgeable posters.

To clarify 

Deliberately handling the ball is a yellow card. I.e fully aware of what your doing and breaking up play with a handball

Putting your hand outstretched deliberately into an area where the ball could strike it and you benefit from is not a yellow, But is a free kick pen If the ball strikes it.

in my book that's not "deliberate hand ball" but the rules refer to it as such.

thats my understanding anyway.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Can we please stop moaning about the referee. It's gone and it's done with. Vardy was asking for trouble going in with his studs. Simpson was a stonewall peno.

Be angry with the players for their reaction to this. We have totally lost the plot and lost our discipline.  It happens. We showed the spirit we showed last season we'd still be in this.

Vardy didn't go in with his studs at all. It's a completely shit red card. 

Archived