Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Stoke AWAY Match Thread

3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

He was pushed which made him lose balance at the last second. If it had been an oppo player doing that, we'd have been baying for blood. I can see it being overturned though. 

Doesn't excuse the ref's poor performance. No game management whatsoever. Not talking to the players and calming them down and just going straight to his pocket. 

Second goal was a real sucker punch. 

Vardy's tackle was a leg breaker if he mistimes it. It was a red, you can't go in like that.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Watched it several times...

are you really using a tv pundit  as gospel? 

lol

No as I say (for the third time now) I'll wait till I've seen it myself.

i forget your prolly all on illegal streams lol ill still wait the level of bias on here is off the chart sometimes 

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

I don't blame the players. 

Tbh this is the sort of game that could galvanise us and re ignite our team spirit.

It isn't the bookings IMO, they all were bookings (apart from Vardy's should have been a yellow)

It's the ref's arrogance and body language when he's giving the bookings is what is annoying. You can see he's loving the fact he's the centre of attention. ****

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes the ref is crap, but the reaction from our players and manager has been even worse imo.

Playing into the opposition hands and it's unprofessional.

Easy said when you're comfortably seating on your couch. Less so when you're away, in a relegation battle and (unfairly) one man down. The ref is having a mare, multiplying the bad callsso yeah, at some point some lose it.

For me it's about the attitude now, the red card is gone, we are 2-0 down. 
If they come out and start giving away stupid fouls and lose control, I will have lost almost all faith in Ranieri to turn this round. 

The next 45 mins will say a hell of a lot about these players and Ranieri' ability to control them. 

If you try justifying that red card you clearly have another agenda to have a dig at 4-4-2.  We were doing very well until the red.  Studs are down, no contact from the feet and feet almost dragging along the ground.  Some muppet referred to it as "2 feet high" on the BBC.  Put your specs on, that's a terrible decision, made all the funnier when you see what Rojo has gotten away with recently.

I didn't see the Stoke player get booked early on for cutting down our player when he played advantage for a counterattack, yet every tackle became a booking after the red in one big display of look at me I'm the ref don't question my decisions.  He's an utter cock jockey and if that red doesn't get rescinded the world's gone mad.

The handball we'd probably be pissed if we didn't get it - it's certainly not intentional, but we all know that's not "the rule" even if it is.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

His hand was in that position before the ball was kicked. I'm not complaining about the pen but it wasn't deliberate.

The rules don't say you have to raise it to be deliberate , you can go into the tackle or situation with raised hands already but you may have deliberately raised them prior to entering the zone or move that's being assessed ... it was deliberate he knows it made him bigger and it may stop the ball

a delebtate conscious call 

thats a peno all day long 93 times out of 100 

but its a game of opinions , mine and the refs concour 

2 minutes ago, Barky said:

Would fully support Claudio telling the lads to just sit themselves down on the pitch for the 2nd half. That's the only way we'll avoid more suspensions from this absolute aberration of a referee.

What essentially give up and act like a bunch of toddlers?

No I propose taking possession of the ball, surrounding Pawson and just booting it at him repeatedly. Sure theres no rules being broke there, only stop when he cries

Archived