Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

Guest Col city fan

There's far too much made of the different formations. And most of it's bollox.

We've tried 442 away from home this season and got absolutely smashed. The midfield pairing of King and Amartey in a 442 were mauled.

Weve tried 443, The diamond, the 5 at the back last week.

I think we could try the Christmas pudding, with Drinkwater as the thruppenny bit in the middle, and we'd still lose.

lol

This is about more than the formation. Ranieri is just putting up a smokescreen. It's about desire and a team that just doesn't look bothered. They look like they don't want to play for the manager anymore.

8 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

That is really great!!!

The likes of you were blaming CR  for

sticking with 442 and now you are blaming him

for trying new formations.

Yes because it wasn't working with the personnel we had at our disposal.

Now we have signed Ndidi we have somebody very near to Kante.

So let's get back to that formation that the team is comfortable with 4-4-2.

I would go as far to say if that doesn't save us then we deserve to go down.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We've tried 442 away from home this season and got absolutely smashed. The midfield pairing of King and Amartey in a 442 were mauled.

I think we could try the Christmas pudding, with Drinkwater as the thruppenny bit in the middle, and we'd still lose.

lol

This is about more than the formation. Ranieri is just putting up a smokescreen. It's about desire and a team that just doesn't look bothered. They look like they don't want to play for the manager anymore.

In which case, theyre the ones to point the finger at.

Everything was hunky dory last season, theyre the ones that have changed. Yet they got off mostly scott free and thats not right.

6 minutes ago, dayday said:

All I see is a team that looks beat before it's started, confidence has been shot to pieces, you only have to look at the frustration on the players faces during the game.

If you are asked to do something different everyweek then slowly but surely you are going to lose faith.

That is exactly what people like you were clamouring for.

2 minutes ago, easilee said:

Why would they put a shift in just because of the likes of Conté and Klopp? What if they thought their new manager was an absolute Conté?

Who said anything about conte or klopp, I'm just saying he doesn't even try to get instructions across or motivate on the side lines. I know every manager has different ways of managing. If u have a manager at work and he is easy going and lets u get away with things then u abuse that to a point when u don't put 100% in. Where as if u have a bloke that demands 100 % is constantly at you to try improve and he encourages, you as a person are aware u ain't going to get away with slacking off. When this is done correct u get the praise and the reward. 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Give your age away there :D

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So would I.

It just doesn't happen anymore.

Literally, the post match interviews might as well just say 'blah, blah, blah, blah,......'. They'd have the same meaning.

The players need to have a full,frank and honest brainstorm.

The senior players need to take responsibility

We know media interviews are bullsh*t because our woeful media will exaggerate,invent or twist comments.

Cambiasso supposedly motivated the great escape,now the more experienced players must step up.

P.s Col hope my mention of Esteban wasn't too provocative!

2 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Who said anything about conte or klopp, I'm just saying he doesn't even try to get instructions across or motivate on the side lines. I know every manager has different ways of managing. If u have a manager at work and he is easy going and lets u get away with things then u abuse that to a point when u don't put 100% in. Where as if u have a bloke that demands 100 % is constantly at you to try improve and he encourages, you as a person are aware u ain't going to get away with slacking off. When this is done correct u get the praise and the reward. 

Why did it work last season?

Same manager.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

The most frustrating part, is I am watching a lower quality, and much lower paid burnley squad giving everything for eachother against arsenal and actually creating chances.

Reminds me of when Pearson was here, even in defeat we played well and played with passion. 

I doubt there is any team is this division that seem less bothered than our bunch at the moment. 

Not read the thread as yet but will do this evening or tomorrow. Just got back from Fosse Park as shopping seemed as good as any other to take my mind off that shambles. 

Ranieri has delivered something I never thought I would see but recently he has been abysmal. He's had 8 days to set us up for that match and first half we were a shambles. Playing a narrow forward three simply allowed their full backs to bomb on meaning Mendy and Drinky had to cover constantly leaving Ndidi completely overrun in the middle. Surely he knew how they would play, I did and I don't watch Southampton. 

Along with Everton at home and Chelsea the manager has made mistake after mistake and we are so poor. I genuinely fear for our survival right now. Our transfer business has been as bad as our performances recently. Whoever our targets are let's get them over the line this week and stop dithering around. 

Hard to keep perspective after today. Well done to those that travelled, you deserve a medal after that performance. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I doubt there is any team is this division that seem less bothered than our bunch at the moment. 

Even sunderland look up for it and work harder than us, their problem is as soon as they concede they drop their heads.

Our problem is we drop our heads the night before the match.

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So would I.

It just doesn't happen anymore.

Literally, the post match interviews might as well just say 'blah, blah, blah, blah,......'. They'd have the same meaning.

The players need to have a full,frank and honest brainstorm.

The senior players need to take responsibility

We know media interviews are bullsh*t because our woeful media will exaggerate,invent or twist comments.

Cambiasso supposedly motivated the great escape,now the more experienced players must step up.

P.s Col hope my mention of Esteban wasn't too provocative!

Guest Col city fan
15 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Simple question.

WHY ???

Just a theory which I mooted weeks ago.

I wonder whether Ranieri is Sven 2?

Comes in, like a breath of fresh air. Supportive, positive, says all the right things...and gets success INITIALLY.

Then, as the players start to see they are pretty much soft as shite, they start to take the piss, to rule the roost and to stop trying so hard. Added to this, the amazing success of last season, it's probably not surprising that the players just can't get up for it again. It can't get any better, domestically.

If you look at Sven's and Claudio's careers, there seem to be clear parallels. Initial success, happy players, followed by demise.

It seems to be happening again with us at the moment.

Footballers win football matches, not formations.

And it looks like your 'Heroes' aren't even trying.

Quite simply, these players were given cars, lucrative salaries, contract extensions, praise, adoration etc etc. AND VERY FEW ARGUED WITH ANY OF THIS. 

Now, I fear, the chickens have come home to roost. What these players need now is a kick up the arris. A proper look at themselves. And I don't think they are getting it. They are having it far too easy.

At least, I suspect so.

Archived