Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Hodgson was a good club manager, but we're going back five years now and his time with England was full of bizarre selections, square pegs in round holes and an obsession with trying to follow trends from a few years previous that the squads weren't suited for rather than making use of the players at his disposal. No ta.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Hodgson was a good club manager, but we're going back five years now and his time with England was full of bizarre selections, square pegs in round holes and an obsession with trying to follow trends from a few years previous that the squads weren't suited for rather than making use of the players at his disposal. No ta.

Spot on, got it so wrong with England playing  so many strikers at once

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

Spot on, got it so wrong with England playing  so many strikers at once

It's not even that for me, he called up players playing quick, incisive and above all positive football for us, Spurs and Liverpool, then tried to play a sterile possession, bore the opponents to death style.

12 hours ago, Thracian said:

One of the problems situation is that there aren't many good managerial options out there for our situation. The good managers are mostly chasing achievements at their current clubs.

Furthermore, while people flippantly talk about dropping proven achievers the difficulty remains of having no-one of great calibre to put in their places and the fact that the last thing we need right now is further upheaval. 

My hope with Shakespeare is that his interim appointment will see last year's players performing at their utmost once again but I'm not at all sure that will be the case because we don't have last season's personnel anymore and I don't think we can match last season's capability with the choices we have now.

On top of that is the anti-climax factor. Having won the title and blown everything but our Champions League run this season I'm not convinced last year's players will, or can, simply turn on the gas and become brilliant again. I just hope they can.

Having Ulloa and Slimani back will be a plus for all the unfounded criticism of Ulloa but, of our close-season signings I only see N'Didi so far as being genuinely worthy of our squad so anything more that Shakespeare can squeeze out of them will be a bonus.

Musa's the one that really gets me. With his turn of pace we need to create some space for him so he stretches defences and creates holes for others to exploit. Trouble is he's as much a liability as an asset because his close control and passing are so erratic. But that's no different to Schlupp and he made a difference at times. And Musa arguably has greater finishing ability so, surely, there's some mileage to be had from the guy despite him being so utterly frustrating and, unlike Schlupp, so easily knocked off the ball.

I don't anticipate lots of changes tomorrow. We just don't have the realistic options we should have and that's down to Ranieri however many kind words are written about the guy.        

Morgan  is a proven performer  - yes okay  -  on the talent of Kante making him look at least a half decent defender- he is with out a doubt one of the worst capts and defenders  in any  league in my view .

We can talk to the cows come home abt lack of  decent players to replace him as an example and how poor recruitments been -  

Thats true  to a point - but wasnt that part of  Claudios  downfall the  same old same old  every week - same  comical  goals  and nothing changed

Sometimes in my view  you need to take a punt and try something different - anything  - because if  nothing changes and  the back 4 continue to play as they are and  continue  to  let in soft goal after soft goal we will go down.

Hopefully they  will prove me  wrong and the old stagers are  truly proven performers as you say and find that  magical form from last yr  without  Kantes  coverage for the  back 4 .

Here's  Hoping 

BTW  i re read my original post and  i dont say  drop players flippantly - i say if the new coach  can forge an alternative -  

1 minute ago, stuw said:

Morgan  is a proven performer  - yes okay  -  on the talent of Kante making him look at least a have decent defender- he is with out a doubt one of the worst capts and defenders  in any  league in my view .

We can talk to the cows come home abt lack of  decent players to replace him as an example and how poor recruitments been -  

Thats true  to a point - but wasnt that part of  Claudios  downfall the  same old same old  every week - same  comical  goals  and nothing changed

Sometimes in my view  you need to take a punt and try something different - anything  - because if  nothing changes and  the back 4 continue to play as they are and  continue  to  let in soft goal after soft goal we will go down.

Hopefully they  will prove me  wrong and the old stagers are  truly proven performers as you say and find that  magical form from last yr  without  Kantes  coverage for the  back 4 .

Here's  Hoping 

BTW  i re read my original post and  i dont say  drop players flippantly - i say if the new coach  can forge an alternative -  

As I believe Babs said not too long ago, Morgan and Huth also showed themselves pretty solid campaigners during our great escape, before Kante arrived.  I accept they might have lost a bit of sharpness since last season but think their loss of form is more down to the change of refereeing attitudes than anything else. Both were serial grapplers (though more particularly Huth) and I'm not sure they've been able to adjust enough to be as effective in the new world.    

I wouldn't want ranieri at arsenal wouldn't trust him on history of his signings, as for Wenger at Leicester. Wenger is no way leaving Arsenal and I can see him here until his dying days..

Which won't be long away if some arsenal fans get hold of him

It's gonna be a bit like the Jan transfer window isn't it? Top target... Mancini....Oh crap he's said no.....Ok let's go for hiddink....Sorry John he's also said no....Ok then how about Pearson...."are you having a laugh John?" OK that geezer from Nantes must want to come..."no he said f-that" ok so some up and coming manager from the lower leagues...."apparently there's too much to do in Huddersfield'......Crap we are left with Hodgson..."he wants £20m"

..Ok let's do it...:revenge:

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Nantes mid table in a poor French league?

Did you read the article? They were 19th when he took over and they've won out 8 of 14 since she's been there. Nantes have been poor for a while so Conceição's done a good job. I don't think he's what we need but he's started brightly.

I imagine our owners would ask Vards and Drinky their opinion on Hodgson if they were considering him, and I don't think the response would be favourable. Especially after the England players went against explicit instructions to take Kane off corners...

In light of the 2 recent articles, I think the players will settle for Shakey as the owners will be highly reluctant to get Pearson back and would avoid it if possible. 

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'd rather give the job to an actual owl 

Owl.JPG.722a47df2dbb8bf85c94dffa548c9334.JPG

:blink:This owl looks like it spent here heydays as a fighting rooster (the equivalent of a bare knuckle boxer in the animal kingdom, next thing you know, it will be asking for a caravan lol.)

33 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Did you read the article? They were 19th when he took over and they've won out 8 of 14 since she's been there. Nantes have been poor for a while so Conceição's done a good job. I don't think he's what we need but he's started brightly.

No I didn't read it in fairness but fair play if he has done that

like you say still not what we need though 

24 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

No I didn't read it in fairness but fair play if he has done that

like you say still not what we need though 

But did you read his response. Im pretty sure 8 wins out of 14, 7 out of 13, or even 6 out of 12 is EXACTLY what we need.

Or am i missing something?

Archived