Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

I'm concerned the owners will see Hodgson as the perfect candidate for them..  Experienced, media friendly, known internationally and someone they know they won't have any issues with.

I would only entertain this idea, if Gary Neville came as his assisstant and was to take over in the summer, if we stay up or go down. I know he had a mare at Valencia, but he talks so much sense and he would give the players such a kick up the arse, although they didn't exactly do great as a combo for England! Think that could be more to do with it being England though! History hard to change!

Prefer to go a route with Hiddink as a short-term fix and Mancini in the Summer if we stay up kinda thing. 

I fear Hodgson is exactly the kind of Manager the owners will turn to if reports of Mancini and Hiddink not being interested are true.

I just pray O'Neill has come to his senses and realises he wants another shot in the Prem and wants to finish his career at Leicester :P

Punt on Giggs anyone? :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'm concerned the owners will see Hodgson as the perfect candidate for them..  Experienced, media friendly, known internationally and someone they know they won't have any issues with.

I would only entertain this idea, if Gary Neville came as his assisstant and was to take over in the summer, if we stay up or go down. I know he had a mare at Valencia, but he talks so much sense and he would give the players such a kick up the arse, although they didn't exactly do great as a combo for England! Think that could be more to do with it being England though! History hard to change!

Prefer to go a route with Hiddink as a short-term fix and Mancini in the Summer if we stay up kinda thing. 

I fear Hodgson is exactly the kind of Manager the owners will turn to if reports of Mancini and Hiddink not being interested are true.

I just pray O'Neill has come to his senses and realises he wants another shot in the Prem and wants to finish his career at Leicester :P

Punt on Giggs anyone? :ph34r:

Cracking post :P:P

2 minutes ago, Lestoh said:

Hodgson got a painfully mediocre Fulham side to the Europa League final, I say fvck it let's do it

he more recently had Harry Kane taking corners and tried to play Vardy out wide :sweating:

I find him so passive too. I just hope if it is him, then he brings in some fiery assisstant with him. Players need a Conte type personality in the dressing room to give them kick up the arse! 

As nationally despised by most that he is for whatever reason, then I'm surprised that Neil Warnock hasn't been mentioned once as far as I've so far read! Perhaps seen as another controversial Pearson-like figure by the owners though that jo average fans seem to dislike with a 'pashun' and so they wouldn't entertain it! I doubt he's even on the owner's radar come to think of it now!

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

he more recently had Harry Kane taking corners and tried to play Vardy out wide :sweating:

I find him so passive too. I just hope if it is him, then he brings in some fiery assisstant with him. Players need a Conte type personality in the dressing room to give them kick up the arse! 

Ranieri's Greece lost to the Faroe Islands. National teams are a management nightmare.

Can't believe how much things have changed in a few days.

Reading the last few pages and seeing Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Woy Hodgson being mentioned as our manager is more depressing than an Eastender's Christmas special.

It's becoming obvious that nobody that's any good, is going to touch us with a barge pole....would you? We've become the new Millwall. I know the decision has been made,and it is what it is, but 13 games left... an away goal against Savile, and a second half in the first leg looking like we've finally clicked? We've gone full circle? I remember walking down to the WBA and Southampton game from the Local Hero with the opposition fans, saying they kind of hoped we'd win. They loved it! They loved the fact that we were showing them that they could do it.  Now everyone is praying for us to go down. I know it don't matter a fook what anyone thinks about us but, Roy Hodgson is not bringing anything to my table. Make it stop! :-) 

Roberto Mancini would now feel like Maradonna in his prime had just signed as our number 10.

I can't stop thinking of brewery and piss-up? Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Roy chuffing Hodgson can do one. I don't want that owl faced weak man anywhere near the club for any reason!! He is a useless wind bag who did such a woeful job for England. Neville as his assistant?! Are people on drugs???? Remember the euros, world cup, pathetic shows of poor management. What did he do when things went wrong with England? Yep that's right, nothing, let Iceland win. Is he up for a relegation scrap? Hell's no!! 

Pardew can stick it up his rear and go manage in the Sunday league somewhere. He's a moaning, non sensical nonse. There's reason why he was sacked by palace. 

Just my balanced view. 

31 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

Nige 2/5 now

Nige 2/5 on skybet, but still 2/1 elsewhere. Odds fluctuating wildly depending on which candidate the tabloids decide to link that day. Mancini was 1/1 at one point and is now 16/1.

Shakey is 16/1 to manage at least 10 games... would be till late April

Shakespear looks to be the most suitable candidate of all the dross that are always on "bookies favourite" list. Give him a few games to see the reaction of the players and go from there before bringing in someone who will make wholesale changes including coaching etc, it's interesting that shakey actually stayed on with Claudio. Perhaps that was a player request from the previous season as rarely do any back room staff stay on during management changes. One problem now though will come from the stands towards the players, a lot of people actually believe everything they read on facebook etc ! I will support the team, it really is that simple, 

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Frustrating it's come a year too early! 

Had it been next season with the world cup over in the summer, we might have tempted him

Take this with not a pinch but a handfull of salt but a bloke at work claims to know certain security down the training ground claims to have seen Pearson down there early Saturday morning!

I'm by no means ITK but just passing info/gossip (which is probably what it is) 

1 minute ago, sk3since03 said:

Take this with not a pinch but a handfull of salt but a bloke at work claims to know certain security down the training ground claims to have seen Pearson down there early Saturday morning!

I'm by no means ITK but just passing info/gossip (which is probably what it is) 

Half an hour before claudio turned up then with sky and other media hanging around the front gate!  He must have arrived and left via his tunnel. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Half an hour before claudio turned up then with sky and other media hanging around the front gate!  He must have arrived and left via his tunnel. 

Like i said just gossip i don't quite believe it myself but you never know these days  

Archived