Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Whilst I don't think we would have become Champions of England with Pearson last season, he's the man I'd most like us to appoint now.

No bedding in period save but only a few, who are'nt particularly integral to things but most of all, when we take on Sevilla at the King Power, I can't think of anybody else that would be able to get the players and fans as up for it as him. Even if we lose tonight and falter against Hull, beat Sevilla with Pearson and it really could kick start the momentum for us in the final 11 PL games.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Our search for a manager is as disorganised as our recruitment policy. How do you go from Mancini and Hiddink, to Pearson, to Pardew, to two up and coming young Portuguese managers. 

Not one is similar to the other. What exactly is the policy on a candidate here? Sit down as a board and ask yourselves what do you want the club philosophy to be. Establish a criteria. Than, set about listing a set of candidates. Why do we do things so unprofessionally each time.

How do you know who we have gone for? Apart from hiddink the rest are just rumours.

19 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Oh yes they would.

For every fan of Pearson like yourself there's at least another out there that would thow their season ticket away.

As that old chestnut again... seem to remember you saying that last time he came back along with your Bentley chums.

Shame you all missed such a good promotion season.

I can imagine the discussion between the owners -

"Pearson? His family brought disgrace and humiliation upon ours in our homeland by offending our nation who had been so polite and hospitable to their guests, undoing all our hard work in bridging cultural differences and harming our public and business image"

"He'll keep us up"

"Call him now, I'll get the contract drawn up"

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

How do you know who we have gone for? Apart from hiddink the rest are just rumours.

Like any other fan in the dark you base it on calibre of the journalist reporting it. Percy and the telegraph who more often than not are very good on their reporting on us saying that we've sounded out guys like Pardew, Concenciao, Hiddink etc would suggest some truth. It is a bit of a jumbled list. 

Nostradamus....

On 04/02/2017 at 17:04, Babylon said:

Well if we do change manager we'll go through the same Rudkin merry go round like last time.

Sack manager, have no idea of a replacement other than Martin O'Neill, throw money at an has been manager more interested in retirement. Three weeks later appoint whoever is the most famous person to apply for the job.

lol

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I can imagine the discussion between the owners -

"Pearson? His family brought disgrace and humiliation upon ours in our homeland by offending our nation who had been so polite and hospitable to their guests, undoing all our hard work in bridging cultural differences and harming our public and business image"

"He'll keep us up"

"Call him now, I'll get the contract drawn up"

That and several other reasons to go.

Bloody difficult one! Ticks many boxes but his car crash personality in public, but more reassuring than most mentioned. Never though-I'd say that

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Our search for a manager is as disorganised as our recruitment policy. How do you go from Mancini and Hiddink, to Pearson, to Pardew, to two up and coming young Portuguese managers. 

Not one is similar to the other. What exactly is the policy on a candidate here? Sit down as a board and ask yourselves what do you want the club philosophy to be. Establish a criteria. Than, set about listing a set of candidates. Why do we do things so unprofessionally each time.

One things for sure, our owners need to take stock in the summer and look at how the long term plan is coming along. We have a diabolical DOF, our head of recruitment has yet to really do anything and his man has now left so his job will be under threat. I think we need to get back to basics and get a better plan for the future. I was no massive fan of Pearson come the end of his tenure but he as a manager makes sure there's certain foundations in place that stabilize a club. That's important when you see how indecisive we are when it comes to recruitment. There's no blue print from what I can see.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

As that old chestnut again... seem to remember you saying that last time he came back along with your Bentley chums.

Shame you all missed such a good promotion season.

Yes and I remember you saying you loved Nigel along with all your FT chums.

Which of course isn't true and neither is your claim about what I said.

I wasn't happy about him coming back and would be even less happy should he return again.

Your reply, which you made personal, shows just how he splits the fans, in the main it's an age thing with notable exceptions both on here and Bentleys.

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We don't know who we've gone for, don't believe newspaper rumours.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One things for sure, our owners need to take stock in the summer and look at how the long term plan is coming along. We have a diabolical DOF, our head of recruitment has yet to really do anything and his man has now left so his job will be under threat. I think we need to get back to basics and get a better plan for the future. I was no massive fan of Pearson come the end of his tenure but he as a manager makes sure there's certain foundations in place that stabilize a club. That's important when you see how indecisive we are when it comes to recruitment. There's no blue print from what I can see.

Know of JR through three different channels, comments from all although nothing specific EDIT - do not fill me with confidence.

Les Reed seems to have it sussed, or a least closure to how it should be

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Does he speak English I think is the criteria Rudkin has been given 

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Yes and I remember you saying you loved Nigel along with all your FT chums.

Which of course isn't true and neither is your claim about what I said.

I wasn't happy about him coming back and would be even less happy should he return again.

Your reply, which you made personal, shows just how he splits the fans, in the main it's an age thing with notable exceptions both on here and Bentleys.

Apologies, what you actually said before our promotion season was that if he stayed you and the 4 people you went with wouldn't be renewing. Did you go through with that threat?

48 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Eddie Howes job being at risk being discussed on Talk Sport, get in there now and make him an offer pleeeeeeaasassse

How dare they have the audacity to consider sacking a man who has taken them from from league 2 to the premier league. He has earned the right to take them back down to league 2.

Archived