Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Apologies, what you actually said before our promotion season was that if he stayed you and the 4 people you went with wouldn't be renewing. Did you go through with that threat?

You've got a better memory than me or are you sadly trawling through old posts to score points?

17 minutes ago, Mease said:

I fancy a left field appointment again, nobody was expecting CR.

I've said this from the start... the owners listen to influential agents & managers who sound them out/show interest. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd be more than happy giving it to Shakey until the end of the season, maybe longer. 

Definitely! We have to remember this is a man who has stood out enough to be offered the assistant managers job of a national team, surrounded by staff he's never worked with before. There must be something there....

Shakey's been assistant manager for 8 out of the last 9 seasons, he's been with us from League One, through two heartbreaking play off semi-finals, two promotions, three league titles and one Great Escape.

He knows each and every member of the squad from the last in the door to long-termers like Morgan, Schmeichel, Drinkwater and Vardy, to lifers like Andy King and Conrad Logan.

I think he'll be good enough for us until the end of the season - whoever does come in though needs to keep him and the rest of the staff, just like last season - that's where Claudio was genius last season and why we won the league, and that's what Claudio messed up this season by changing. Also bring back Ken Way.

If we show the same lack of desire as we have most of the season and get walloped I'd get Gary Rowett in and assume the worst that we will be relegated but have a manager who knows the championship and we go again.

if we play well tonight and win those managers unsure about us may decide we have more than enough about us to survive and will suddenly become interested.

Hope Shakespeare gets it.

Without him, neither Pearson or Ranieri would've done well as they had imo.

He's been like Paul Clement has with Ancelotti at Bayern Munich etc, observing performances and the like, but probably feels himself that this is a good opportunity to make more of a name for himself as a more authority figure.

Do we want a manager that is here for himself and puts a plaster on things - quick fix or one the builds and creates a good foundation not just on the pitch. Are there any?

Out of 22 managers I can only come up 4-5 that gave or were able to give all and totally make the club their baby. Pearson, MON, Little etc

Claudio - Despite the obvious high the infrastructure has gone backward sadly. Bought a house rather than rent so intended to be around. I know its a bit raw.

Pearson- Built from the ground up

Sven - Played at it but did change the pitch and input on training facilities

Sousa- Dismantled all that was good, kicked out all sports science guys etc

Hollowhead - Meant well but took us backward off and on the pitch

Megson - Who?

Allen - Backwards but changed the flowers

Worthington - Stagnate

Kelly - Tried but out of it

Levien - No idea of English league, took us backward.

Bassett - Some sound ideas for those times

Adams - Not as bad as he seemed but hardly transformed things

Taylor -  Took us back decades

MON- Owned the club from top to bottom

McGee - Good backroom staff, greedy fat bastard took them with him

Little - Possibly did more than anyone to build the club not just the playing side.

Pleat out - Best interests of the club at heart and spoke a good game., like a bung allegedly

Hamilton -  Hated by Walsh, when the sweets he threw in to the crowd were thrown back it was time to call it a day.

Milne - Very astute guy but Tom English comes to mind. Vaguely rememeber him improvingh things behind the scenes

Wallace - Big impact, changed many things,. heart was in the club until he saw ££££ signs

McLintock - As Peter Taylor. Eddie Kelly being the only good thing he brought to the club

Jimmy B - Sacked when 6th in the 1st division after building the club and team. Now that was mad. Quality football

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Shakey's been assistant manager for 8 out of the last 9 seasons, he's been with us from League One, through two heartbreaking play off semi-finals, two promotions, three league titles and one Great Escape.

He knows each and every member of the squad from the last in the door to long-termers like Morgan, Schmeichel, Drinkwater and Vardy, to lifers like Andy King and Conrad Logan.

I think he'll be good enough for us until the end of the season - whoever does come in though needs to keep him and the rest of the staff, just like last season - that's where Claudio was genius last season and why we won the league, and that's what Claudio messed up this season by changing. Also bring back Ken Way.

He is also part of the management/coaching team responsible for this disasterus season 

21 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Has to be British or someone who is fluent in english imo

I do not understand the logic of appointing someone based on nationality. Also a foreign manager led us to the title last season! So if there is a LOGIC to this argument, what is it? IMO we get the best candidate irrespective of nationality.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Can we get this guy? Maybe he can bring some of their crazy good academy with him! lol Only a couple of wins off Europe this season after managing to keep them up. 

fk me even my eyes are welling up after watching that.

Archived