Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Just now, norwichfox said:

After that first half display, we already have our new permanent manager, really has the skills to motivate.

I would have thought the real motivator would have been the stick the players have received over the past few days.

These fvcking cvnt pundits getting all shitty about the players 'downing tools to get Ranieri sacked'... 

Well, can you really blame the players for wanting him out if they felt he was taking everything backwards? If you were used to playing like we're playing tonight and winning games - winning the ****ing title the previous year - and your coach was then telling you to play a completely different way, which wasn't working whilst also destroying the forward-thinking systems in place at the club, surely you'd want to put an end to it as well - irrespective of the title win. 

It's no surprise that there's word that the players want Pearson bought back - they obviously massively respect his systems, his backroom staff and his approach to the game. They obviously see that 'style' and the relationships he built at the club as being a key factor in the title win last season. 

Seems obvious that Shakespeare is very close to the players and has a good relationship with them all.

I think if we do need a new man at the top, then like with Claudio, Shakespeare should be retained.

Seeing the reaction we had tonight, I don't think we need a completely new management team to come in for a clean slate. 

If they do decide on Roy, then I hope he would keep Shakespeare on. 

Would like to think we will see another top performance against Hull though, and Shakespeare can stay on until the summer. 

1 hour ago, daz*dsb said:

These fvcking cvnt pundits getting all shitty about the players 'downing tools to get Ranieri sacked'... 

Well, can you really blame the players for wanting him out if they felt he was taking everything backwards? If you were used to playing like we're playing tonight and winning games - winning the ****ing title the previous year - and your coach was then telling you to play a completely different way, which wasn't working whilst also destroying the forward-thinking systems in place at the club, surely you'd want to put an end to it as well - irrespective of the title win. 

It's no surprise that there's word that the players want Pearson bought back - they obviously massively respect his systems, his backroom staff and his approach to the game. They obviously see that 'style' and the relationships he built at the club as being a key factor in the title win last season. 

People always say 'they have found us out' I always disagreed, Barcelona, Real Madrid, have they changed? No! We had changed, and tonight we went back to how we were in that amazing premier league winning season. And the result was there. Super, super Craig, super, super Craig, super, super Craig, super Craigy Shakespeare! (With a hint of ranieri and Pearson) 

I wonder if tonight would make Hiddink more interested? 

With his wealth of experience and tactical expertise, he'd be ideal to come in and groom Shakespear to potentially move into the role of full manager come the start of next season.

I just think Hiddink would be incredibly useful to have in and around the club ahead of the Sevilla home leg.

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

With his wealth of experience and tactical expertise, he'd be ideal to come in and groom Shakespear to potentially move into the role of full manager come the start of next season.

I just think Hiddink would be incredibly useful to have in and around the club ahead of the Sevilla home leg.

That's a great idea, as long as Huddink would be happy with a "distanced overseer" role. He could also be tasked with advising on the plans for next season, and the next phase of progress for the club. I agree his European experience could be crucial too. We can be hopeful that this season's foray in Europe could still have some legs.

I hope that if we do get in a new manager the owner's insist on keeping on Shakey in his current role.

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

That could be a sensible move potentially

steady the ship and set Shakey up for the future ? :unsure:

worth considering i guess

Archived