Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

All the money now for Hodgson.

Shakespeare price is longer than it was before we beat Liverpool, which sums up how farcical the markets or our boardroom is.

Guest CityFan 06

There was a caller on Radio Leicester post match yesterday, who said wait until the end of the season & then appoint Wenger; who might be leaving Arsenal at the end of the campaign. Okay, probably highly unlikely but it's an interesting call. Wenger would make us a real quality Premier League side, which is the aim, and especially if he had a transfer budget to recruit. To be honest, I've got a feeling he will want a break from football anyway. 

1 minute ago, CityFan 06 said:

There was a caller on Radio Leicester post match yesterday, who said wait until the end of the season & then appoint Wenger; who might be leaving Arsenal at the end of the campaign. Okay, probably highly unlikely but it's an interesting call. Wenger would make us a real quality Premier League side, which is the aim, and especially if he had a transfer budget to recruit. To be honest, I've got a feeling he will want a break from football anyway. 

Wenger's recruitment is terrible.

If the Club appoint Hodgson, then Rudkin should be remembered in Concrete.   Preferably inside a pillar supporting a Motorway bridge.  No no no no no no.

Guest Danny Clender

All this talk of Hodgson is completely dull, he's not the right manager for the club now or never.

That said, I've been thinking this for a while, I actually don't care who the manager is anymore.

The position is becoming less and less important at clubs. 

Looking at a few managers.

Mourinho, if he doesn't win the league next year, he'll be under pressure to be sacked, will he last at a club for more than 2 years etc etc.

Hughes, can he push Stoke any further forward than he has done for the past 3 seasons? fans bored with mediocrity etc etc.

Koeman, finishes in the top 5 next season or wins a trophy next season, then becomes an odds on favourite for Barcelona or elsewhere bigger. 

Pocettino - just a matter of time before he leaves for Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Wenger - Fans so bored of him, want rid, when he goes cue 4 or 5 seasons out of the Champions League.

Klopp - you know what's being thought about there, insane.

Guardiola - "The Untouchable", has to reach the Champions League final, finish 3rd or 2nd, or else he's saying goodbye too after the end of next season. Also, he has to deal with every single person in the media and many fans desperately wanting to be able to say "he couldn't cut it in the premier league" 

Shakespeare - Brilliant, keeps us up, loses a few players, has a dodgy start to next season, he's gone. 

Its bleak, not #RIPFootball bleak, but the outlook is terrible to shit for the future of managers.

Clubs, as they are trying to do so quickly just need to get their set up right so any old kit-man can come in and manage the team. Sort of how we've been doing in the last few years or so, Ranieri was evidence of that in hindsight. (please, I'm not comparing him to a kit-man) 

Look at Zidane, would you have him as the next manager at Leicester now? I doubt it, yet he'll be contending to win the Champions League and La Liga double this year, and i'll be very surprised if he doesn't. 

He's a manager the players believe in (for now), yet club and brand Real Madrid remain the same. 

Its a changed career and In my opinion its all luck and just depends on the weather.

This will probably never happen, but considering the meltdown about the recent performances by Liverpool by their fans and ex players, we might be in a situation where Klopp with four or five losses between now and the end of the season and falling out of the European places, could get sacked!! Klopp would be the perfect manager for our style and this club. Never going to happen, but even the possibility of him facing the sack shows just how crazy the demand for success is these days!!

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Shakey has it till the end of the season to be announced.

That would be the sensible choice for sure, thought they'd want to see how the Hull game goes first though.  If they can replicate the energy and intensity of the Liverpool game in only half the remaining games we'll be fine and stay up with no major issues.

Lads. Completely not ITK. As you all know, but at my age having bet many times on and off line, and using all logic with information we have, this has Shakey written all over it. Even when why was odds on, that's a tempter for the odds on jolly lovers to lump on. Yesterday despite all the supposed money and speculation shakey dint move that much, in fact, a couple weren't even taking bets for him. Bookies are willing to take Roy on. When paddy power go 13/8 and ladies evens, you know what's going on. Hey! All of a sudden the wise money on shakey again. And to back up my thoughts I've lots of bets worth over £800. Fear not is my advice! ???

Just now, ktfox59 said:

Lads. Completely not ITK. As you all know, but at my age having bet many times on and off line, and using all logic with information we have, this has Shakey written all over it. Even when why was odds on, that's a tempter for the odds on jolly lovers to lump on. Yesterday despite all the supposed money and speculation shakey dint move that much, in fact, a couple weren't even taking bets for him. Bookies are willing to take Roy on. When paddy power go 13/8 and ladies evens, you know what's going on. Hey! All of a sudden the wise money on shakey again. And to back up my thoughts I've lots of bets worth over £800. Fear not is my advice! ???

It was pretty obvious to us especially after the psychologist's and Northcroft's articles that Shakey was by far the most likely candidate. Even prior to Liverpool I think he should have been around 4/1. Good thing the people who set the odds don't know anything about what goes on behind the scenes here like the rest of the pundits and media eh?

Archived