Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

It was pretty obvious to us especially after the psychologist's and Northcroft's articles that Shakey was by far the most likely candidate. Even prior to Liverpool I think he should have been around 4/1. Good thing the people who set the odds don't know anything about what goes on behind the scenes here like the rest of the pundits and media eh?

I worked on the logic that day, 8/1 t

( which is what I took at hills for £50) was the odds to beat Liverpool. Have been backing at all odds since. Even when he was going out. That 13/8 from paddy power who like to take a good bet , and also are joined up with betfair was too good a sign for me. They wanted to get some Woy money, regardless of that big bet that started it all off

Just now, ktfox59 said:

I worked on the logic that day, 8/1 t

( which is what I took at hills for £50) was the odds to beat Liverpool. Have been backing at all odds since. Even when he was going out. That 13/8 from paddy power who like to take a good bet , and also are joined up with betfair was too good a sign for me. They wanted to get some Woy money, regardless of that big bet that started it all off

That's 8/1 btw

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So shakey will probably be the favourite tomorrow

but what is the bet?

next permanent lcfc manager because if it is, shakey may only stay interim manager 

make sure you check what the bet is 

I think all bookies as standard pay out on 'next permanent manager' if an interim manager is in charge for 10+ games 

only checked the t&c of 4 bookies which all said the above, but i guess it should be standard across the industry?

26 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think all bookies as standard pay out on 'next permanent manager' if an interim manager is in charge for 10+ games 

only checked the t&c of 4 bookies which all said the above, but i guess it should be standard across the industry?

100% correct. 10 consecutive games

Think they'll wait to see how the Hull game goes before they do anything as there's about a 9 day wait till Seville. Would be happy to see Shakey get it to the end of the season but not permanently after that - he's too important at the club to potentially be sacked if we struggle further down the line. 

Hoping this Woy thing is just a plan B option and others are being spoken to. No decision should be made until after the Hull game. Let Shaky manage the Hull game if we win he get's the job if he loses then look at other options. Keeping everyone on their toes is not a bad move if the players want Shaky as it looks like they do then don't give anyone a chance to get lazy. They have to do it again on the pitch against Hull which still is a 6 pointer.

2 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

Problem is for that, got to wait 10 games for any potential pay out. Did anyone know, if it's a joint manager situation, it's dead heat rules??

Might depend on the individual bookies T&Cs.

At least one bookie will pay out immediately once it's officially announced they will take 10+ games. I think joint pays out on both?

Anyway, I'm not putting more on at such currently short odds.. never know what could happen between now and the planned announcement.

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Think they'll wait to see how the Hull game goes before they do anything as there's about a 9 day wait till Seville. Would be happy to see Shakey get it to the end of the season but not permanently after that - he's too important at the club to potentially be sacked if we struggle further down the line. 

This, want Shakey to stay till he retires, but the problem is he and the players might then get mardy if he's not offered the permanent job in summer.

Not the ideal situation really, but it's our only decent option atm.

12 minutes ago, brucey said:

Might depend on the individual bookies T&Cs.

At least one bookie will pay out immediately once it's officially announced they will take 10+ games. I think joint pays out on both?

Anyway, I'm not putting more on at such currently short odds.. never know what could happen between now and the planned announcement.

I do know that the dead heat rule on these things is a certainty, or else god forbid, shakey and Woy were joint managers you would be paying large liabilities on both. No. Half your money at the odds you got for the one you backed. Obviously if you backed both, get paid out on those terms each

Also wouldn't pay on interim as it clearly says next permanent manager. As you've quite rightly said, it's permanent or 10 consecutive games as interim manager, which would be a bit of a let down if the owners ,as many do in this situation appointed joint interim managers. Can't remember who  Chris Powell was joint with when Sven got sack

4 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

Also wouldn't pay on interim as it clearly says next permanent manager. As you've quite rightly said, it's permanent or 10 consecutive games as interim manager, which would be a bit of a let down if the owners ,as many do in this situation appointed joint interim managers. Can't remember who  Chris Powell was joint with when Sven got sack

Back some years now, checkable on wiki, we had an interim four man team, which included David Nish?

I'd hold onto Shakespeare for another month should they win against Hull. It's important that should someone else get the nod that Shakey will remain at the club.

A bit of nuisance that theres a couple of league breaks coming up. Would have been good to get some momentum going.

I could be proven wrong but I think we'll be safe. The reactions of players like Vardy, Ndidi and Kasper for the goals on Monday were telling. They'll fight tooth and nail to keep top flight status.

2 hours ago, Gerbold said:

And I got barred, didn't I? So the 'intellectual' is brought down to earth by the powers-that-be.

A really admirably argued opinion - leaving aside your comments about my contribution (for which I thank you deeply).

My pleasure. 

Archived