Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

you could argue that that would be a shabby way to treat him. 

Think we know now how the owners view things, (and I'm not complaining) ...   best person to keep us up ... Shakey.   Best manager for next season to take the club to another level and fit the 'high profile brand' ...   ?.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Think we know now how the owners view things, (and I'm not complaining) ...   best person to keep us up ... Shakey.   Best manager for next season to take the club to another level and fit the 'high profile brand' ...   ?.

Absolutely mate, it's a bit of a dilemma for them. Especially if he does really well. I think you're right though, ultimately they want us to be one of the big boys and you'd imagine they'll want a big name. They've been highly ambitious since day one.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

They've been highly ambitious since day one.

And deep down I think we are all happy with that .....    even if they are a perceived as a little brutal.      Just a thought ..  but if Shakey kept us up I'd give him a massive fook off bonus, and I mean massive, when you realise the financial implications of what he has achieved ...   keep him as an assistant manager to help the new guy ...   and tell him to keep learning from those above and one day ...   who knows.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

Come on now:dry:

Don't keep taking the bait Foxy ...    and don't keep going back to the Mahrez thread ...     take a couple of chill pills and have an early night ...  :)

Anyway, this is a Next manager thread ...   where were we ? ....

Relax about Woy, I doubt he will pass the medical.. I will not believe Rudkin has chosen him until I see Morrisons have had a run on Ovaltine and Pile Cream.

Loads of money now going on Michael O'Neill (the other O'Neill - Northern Ireland Manager !) at the bookies.  Come from nowhere to 8/1 - third favourite !  I don't know why he's suddenly appeared - someone must have heard something ?

I'm amazed no Club has gone for him before, but does not have much League management experience (let alone Premier League).  Not for us I think, but interesting ?

Just now, bald reynard said:

Loads of money now going on Michael O'Neil (the other O'Neil - Northern Ireland Manager !) at the bookies.  Come from nowhere to 8/1 !

New name every week from now on ...   leave it to Shakey.

27 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Don't keep taking the bait Foxy ...    and don't keep going back to the Mahrez thread ...     take a couple of chill pills and have an early night ...  :)

Anyway, this is a Next manager thread ...   where were we ? ....

Shaky seems like a good fit and the players seemed to get what they want "high press" so, if he can get the points vs hull he will have my vote.

10 minutes ago, Floridafox said:

Sorry if its already been said but what a clever ploy to further motivate the players against Hull - beat them and you keep Shakespeare. Lose and we're sending in Woy....Vardy is going to have a blinder!

I totally agree!

Anyone know if the recruitment guy who Ranieri brought in is still here. We could also do with a change there. Bring in the ex Spurs head of recruitment. Him and Shakey, I'd been happy with that.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Anyone know if the recruitment guy who Ranieri brought in is still here. We could also do with a change there. Bring in the ex Spurs head of recruitment. Him and Shakey, I'd been happy with that.

Yeah, he really fcucked up signing Ndidi.

Archived