Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

1 minute ago, davieG said:

West Brom: Odds slashed on Tony Pulis becoming next Leicester City boss

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-pulis-odds-leicester-city-12682607

Have we become that unattractive, that every crap manager gets link or worse could get the job.

im for getting to the summer with shakey, and seeing if any better becomes available 

My vote is for Shakey to get until the end of the season.

However like other posters, I am concerned that we'd lose Shakey the coach. Being a manager is a completely different role, he was always the link between manager and players, which is part of the reason he is so respected. Take away that link, relationships may break down as he has more responsibility and more ruthless decisions to make.

Don't know if anyone watched big ron manager back in the day, but it showed peterborough united appointing their assistant manager as caretaker manager, which led to once strong relationships breaking down with players and a lack of respect with some not being able to take him seriously as manager. Started off well and then results plummeted. 

I'd still take the gamble though compared to some of the other options a la Hodgson, just hope it works out well and Shakey can make the transition. He's the best coach this club has had for a long long time and been key to our stability within the dressing room.

Have to say that Pulis is a decent option compared to some that have been linked. There are no doubt a number of options abroad that I don't know about because of a lack of knowledge. Shaky, dependent on Saturdays result would be fine until the end of the season but I do think for a permanent manager we have to consider someone who might because of reputation attract other players in. Although no experience of management on his own what would people think of a  Giggs/Shaky combination? 

very scary to see Ladbrokes, hills and coral suddenly go 1/4 on hodgson.

hills went back to 1/2 which probably means they noticed the others go short and wanted to check if there was anything solid behind it incase they got caught. the fact they went back to 1/2 probably means there isn't anything concrete as yet.

4 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

6/1 hills

back to 1/5.

must be Chinese whispers

I saw a dodgy LCFC twitter account announcing hodgson's appointment. is it as simple as a few people sticking a hundred quid on having seen that and thinking its real ??

EDIT: 1/2 again. just silly

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

back to 1/5.

must be Chinese whispers

I saw a dodgy LCFC twitter account announcing hodgson's appointment. is it as simple as a few people sticking a hundred quid on having seen that and thinking its real ??

Very likely. Nothing concrete is going to happen until after hull, nothing will change till then, everyone calm down. I don't think it's worth backing anyone at current odds (unless Shakey goes to 3/1 or better)

Paddy Power are giving 7/1 odds on Ronald McDonald getting the Leicester hot seat with Mario coming up behind him at 4/1 odds !!

In all seriousness tho I'd like to have Shakey for the rest of the season and see if we can poach Kevin Phillips back from Dierby as his Assistant and then let the owners Draw up a list of who to take over before the end of the season ?

57 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

At least we'd sign some centre halfs under Pulis!

And then play them at RB because of their long throw. And then sell them in 6 months for a profit of 2m. Sounds good to me.

Archived