Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

22 minutes ago, benpicko said:

I reckon he'd keep us up and if he doesn't I can't think of anybody I'd want more than him in the Championship. Come back Nige lad

on the  basis that he managed it last time we should have kept claudio cos we would win the PL again next season??

nigel showed a distinct lack of nouse two seasons ago and we got lucky with our run in. Will he have learnt? 

19 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

From what I read at the time, NP went in and wanted to get rid of a lot of the shit that has bottled the playoffs for about 5 seasons in a row, but the senior players weren't having it. Basically downed tools and iirc cried to the owners. 

wow.. looks like the cry-tards are reenacting the same scenes/scenario.

i think if this is true - the owners deserved to go down.. & stay down

4 hours ago, Mark said:

@ramadaone last week "Nigel Pearson will never be manager at LCFC under the current owners, end of story"

He's already been manager at LCFC under our current owners for like 5 years. If ramadaone is allowed to sing that, then people should be allowed to sing Champions of England, you'll never sing that to the likes of Burnley and West Brom. 

35 minutes ago, smr said:

If that had've happened on it's own it *may* have been seen that way, but it was the final straw in a season of strange, disrespectful and bizarre incidents - McArthur there was no need for, the FO and die comment, the Ostrich comment was totally uncalled for as well... he's hardly the kind of guy the Thai owners we have want to be seen as an image for their football club / global brand / business etc.

Bizarre they were, but sackable offences...? At the time, I thought he was in a way right of putting the media back into place and shield his players from criticism so they can work in a safe(r), more focused environment.

I have worked in journalism for a while and I do believe some (not all) of the specimen in that field of work have a tendency of placing themselves in front of their story in order to make a name for themselves, when it should be the other way around.

The McArthur incident was apparently a joke, even though it came across as odd on the day. Again, some people to this day follow the media coverage 1-by-1 and talk about a "strangling". That simply did not happen. The evidence is in the pictures. And following the game, Pearson quite early on had a chat with McArthur on the phone where it was all settled, basically.

Whether the owners won't or will hire him back remains to be seen. There's not a lot of suitable options on the market in my opinion and if it's only for a two-, three-month stint - why not? They could always present their proper choice comes June/July.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, shade said:

wow he does talk sense sometimes!

I talk sense pretty much all the time.

You just don't always understand.

:thumbup:

I ain't a big NP fan but he did a good job here and when I heard he might be coming back wasn't too impressed. I don't think it will happen because what went on with him, and the owners reckon he brought shame on the the club so I can't see it happening but saying that if he does come back the owners are putting the club before there principals and beliefs back home and that has got to count for something.  I think he could get us fighting again and I'd love to see the sight of vardy chasing down lost causes and sliding and blocking defenders clearing balls. I don't think Mancini would get the reaction we need straight away he would take a few months to change us and that's not what we need, we need to hit the ground running and I think NP could get us running through break walls again. Has much as I hate to admit it he could be the man to help us survive but I ain't a fan and if the owners are prepared to put there beliefs and stuff aside and appoint him I'm all for it

Nige is so at home with us, there's just something about Leicester City and Nige that work. He seems happy and at ease lounging about the place in his tracksuit and ice whites. When I think of Nigel I have an image of him leaning back on his 360 office chair, hands behind head proudly pushing barrel chest gym wear Leicester attire into your face with ice whites resting on the desk and a huge smile on his face. I never see an angry man, anybody who truly knows about NP realises that he is a kind and gentle man with many layers.

He's made mistakes but who hasn't? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I think he'll have learned from that season. I think if our owners do speak to him they will have a lot of the boxes already ticked and the discussions will be primarily about maintaining their positive global brand. 

Nige isn't going to change into some sort of charasimatic media mogul and we shouldn't want that. Yes we don't want him telling the knuckle heads to FOAD on camera, (make sure you do that when no one's listening in future, Nige!) but I'll quite happily see him man handling and bullying opposition players in his technical area. That's not big Nige having a break down as the media would like you to think, that's big Nige taking no s**t off anyone and letting the 22 players on the pitch know who's boss. McCarther had done something out of order and deserved that, fact.

What made NP so great is that he is NP. He takes no s**t from anybody and requires the fundamentals first - respect, hard work and discipline.  We only want fine tuning if he comes back not a transplant as there's very little I'd change about him. I can't wait to see him giving an interviewer a hard time and hearing opposition fans saying what a grumpy sod he is while I smile and think of that image of him smiling in my head and knowing the real truth.

Why do people keep dragging up the past Pearson was a liability and when he was sacked before it was due to the fact that the owners could no longer work with him he thought he was bigger than the club all the spats with the press calling people ostriches was just embarrassing!!

I would be amazed if this happened.

First of all, the club already looks out of touch and daft to the wider football world for sacking Ranieri. I understand their decision totally to sack him, but im not sure it was the right decision. But it was largely down to a group of bratty idiots downing tools. These same idiots have, whether true or not in the papers, written their admiration of Pearson and wanting him back. Would the owners want to be seen to be acting so weakly on an issue, particularly when a couple of weeks ago, Ranieri had "unwavering support".........now they want to go back for the players mate?

What would make this even more bizarre is that Pearson's stock has gone badly down in a short space of time. Hes undeniably a loose cannon irrespective of the results he gets, hence his sacking in the first place from Leicester, and then does an utterly awful job at Derby that basically screws their season over from the beginning. Sacking a title winning manager, and lets face it, a much better manager, to then replace him with a guy who is at the lowest point of his managerial career really, that would be very bizarre.

Then you have the angle that it would be his third spell. So why get rid of him in the first place then? The Thais have already been proved right that their decision to let him go was the right one as the club improved a lot after Pearson went. So going back to him for a third time, i think this smack of desperation that theyd got no idea who to bring in, that the only person they can bring in is someone theyve gotten rid of. Itll make them look like fools for getting rid of him in the first place even though it was probably very legitimate and the club improved. And whatever he did get sacked for, theyre just going to turn a blind eye to?

Add into the equation some key parts of his back room team are employed by other clubs now. A manager usually brings his own team with him, and unless these staff walk out of their contracts to come back, he wont be working with them. Would it not be better to bring a manager who CAN bring the people he wants with him?

It could happen. Im sure he would thrive on the siege mentality that is forming. But realistically i couldnt see it.

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Why do people keep dragging up the past Pearson was a liability and when he was sacked before it was due to the fact that the owners could no longer work with him he thought he was bigger than the club all the spats with the press calling people ostriches was just embarrassing!!

I thought it was funny honestly, I like us not being liked. Performances on the pitch is what matters and Pearson did deliver that everything else I don't care about 

It's like some people are besotted by Pearson like the girlfriend they lost and can't get over losing !!

FFS if that man was to return and I really hope he doesn't we will become even more of a laughing stock than we are now !!

It would be like the owners holding their hands up and say they were wrong for sacking the ostrich in the first place and I'm sure and hoping they keep well away from him !!

With the current players performance I want someone who's going to put them in headlocks. With the current media hate campaign I want someone who can be rude, obnoxious and disrespectful right back at them. With our current league position I'll accept the occasional opposition head but and neck throttle.

17 minutes ago, esoog said:

Possibly bring shame to the clubs image in Thailand. If you look at it in that perspective I wouldn't mind being a bookie right now

I visited Bangkok at the end of the 14/15 season in the summer.

Leicester were still relatively small when all that happened. most people still hadn't heard of them and their club store was a small kiosk at the train station.

their global image has imploded incredibly since that title win though. crowds of people saw their parade.

their club store is multiple times that size now, a proper store.

everyone knows Leicester City, a new generation of fans.

whatever has happened is in the past and the masses there won't know enough of the pre-Ranieri era to shame Pearson.

yes the owners will have to swallow some humble pie, but I don't think the negative image will be as big as people think.

its just our British media that will grill him at every opportunity

12 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

It's like some people are besotted by Pearson like the girlfriend they lost and can't get over losing !!

FFS if that man was to return and I really hope he doesn't we will become even more of a laughing stock than we are now !!

It would be like the owners holding their hands up and say they were wrong for sacking the ostrich in the first place and I'm sure and hoping they keep well away from him !!

Football is quite important in some people's lives and besotted is a good term. Is this strange to you? Don't ever move to South America if being besotted by footballing heros offends you in anyway...!

Joining uonthe few dots that seem tk be there, everything about this 'return' seems a good shout. But, allegedly, his own behaviour and the Thai position on that is the considerable fly in the ointment. Rammy1 says it's still a dead deal. That players aren't fussed. Others in social media say different. From the outside it just looks like whether the owners are prepared to blink first. No idea. If not, Shaky until the summer please. Our choice of substantive managers in our current peril will be finite. Stay up and it becomes considerable again. Go down, and we might want someone very different to those we are considering right now. 

2 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Quite simply, I don't get the 'hype' surrounding him.

Yes, got us out of league 1, yes, got us up to the PL and yes, oversaw the 'Great Escape'......but, listening to some, you'd think no-one but 'The Great Nigel' deserved any credit for any of that......

Yes, well done Nigel and thanks  for what you did but, like Claudio, MON etc, your achievements are part of our history ! The future lies around the next corner !

There's no "hype" surrounding Pearson.

I just consider him a hero in LCFC terms for what he did for the club on a sportive basis.

I've always compared him to Marmite - both equally off-putting (for some) and fascinating at the same time due to his (public) persona. And you can ask a lot of fans and they'll say they'll happily look past those few antics in front of the press (and even the deserved backlash that one supporter got who lashed out at the manager, prompting the FOAD response).

What his son did in Thailand was absolutely daft. Then again... was it really enough to get him the sack? Maybe, just maybe the owners simply wanted a more high-profile manager, a better household name to sell the club and their brand - found Ranieri and were absolutely lucky everything fell in place for one magical season.

Right now, the media aspect is a lot less important than our future in the league. We need a no-nonsense approach in management and that's exactly what Pearson embodies.

I, for one, can forgive his sometimes odd public appearances. Before we got promoted to the Premier League, the media did hardly batter an eyelid for "little" LCFC - why should we care now what the media think?

Still not convinced that the owners could make such a U turn - would be very difficult for them in so many ways not just football

Having someone who knows the players huge advantage in hitting the ground running .Says in the Sun Mancini interested at £6m per year if that is to be believed huge gamble again.

off topic but i hate collymore and everything he says!

in regards to pearson. I honestly can't see them bringing him back. The owners are a proud bunch and to bring Pearson back after what his son did in Thailand i cannot see them forgiving him. 

Archived