Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

9 hours ago, Donut said:

lollol I love the way you little Pearson wallies have to stick together at all costs too, like little hunger striking suffragettes desperately protecting their idol

I'd imagine by 'Pearson wally' you mean someone who values the incredible things he achieved with us, and sees that he has many of the credentials for the job (PL experience / relegation dogfight experience / promotion experience if it goes wrong / good knowledge of the current squad and staff).

In other words, people who support Leicester City, are respectful of those who have contributed to our success, and understand something about the sort of criteria our next appointment should ideally fulfil. 

So what does that make you?

9 hours ago, Donut said:

lollol I love the way you little Pearson wallies have to stick together at all costs too, like little hunger striking suffragettes desperately protecting their idol

I'd imagine by 'Pearson wally' you mean someone who values the incredible things he achieved with us, and sees that he has many of the credentials for the job (PL experience / relegation dogfight experience / promotion experience if it goes wrong / good knowledge of the current squad and staff).

In other words, people who support Leicester City, are respectful of those who have contributed to our success, and understand something about the sort of criteria our next appointment should ideally fulfil. 

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think the 'Pearson wallies' are in the majority - fans who value a manager's achievements at LCFC over their own opinions of the mans character........

And for the record I think NP is a good bloke too.

A manager whos achievements dont match Ranieri's and are no better than someone like Paul Lambert or Mick McCarthy, and one who is clearly an obnoxious bloke. Its not even in question.

I value everything Pearson achieved, we wouldnt be where we are without his undoubted influence, but you can guarantee the same people will crawl out of the woodwork at the slightest hint of a bad word against him. Its funny. You can GUARANTEE they will show up. You being one of them.

Ranieri's achievements are still not being recognised highly enough. Barely a wimper on here in all honesty considering hes by far the most successful manager in the clubs history. When Pearson had the phantom sacking it was like a plane had hit the world trade centre. Like life couldnt go on lol

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Ok so here's a proposal for you all.  

Pearson returns and we are guaranteed Walsh coming back to join him. 

Would you take that deal? Be keen to hear from those who don't particularly want to see him return. 

I would take pretty much anyone as manager in order to get Walsh back. Would even trade Mahrez for Walsh.

Not a massive Pearson fan as I think he is rubbish at tactics and a bit of an arse, but after reading Mr Way's interview I'd probably even have Pearson back without Walsh.

9 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would you take that deal? Be keen to hear from those who don't particularly want to see him return. 

I'm just about in the 'Pearson In' camp, albeit with a lot of reservations, and openness to the possibility of other options.

But if it could be fixed for Walsh to come back as part of the package, I'd be far more convinced.

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

Im a massive Leicester fan.

The whole thing is badly skewed though and some people are too blind to see it. Pinning all the blame onto people like Ranieri and Rudkin without even knowing whats happened or what some people even do at the club lol

Its so funny that theres a group of people who fall over backwards to hail a man who could win minor trophies like the championship, and yet want a man like Ranieri out the door as quickly as possible.

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yep id take that. Strong managerial and backroom team.

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

A manager whos achievements dont match Ranieri's and are no better than someone like Paul Lambert or Mick McCarthy, and one who is clearly an obnoxious bloke. Its not even in question.

I value everything Pearson achieved, we wouldnt be where we are without his undoubted influence, but you can guarantee the same people will crawl out of the woodwork at the slightest hint of a bad word against him. Its funny. You can GUARANTEE they will show up. You being one of them.

Ranieri's achievements are still not being recognised highly enough. Barely a wimper on here in all honesty considering hes by far the most successful manager in the clubs history. When Pearson had the phantom sacking it was like a plane had hit the world trade centre. Like life couldnt go on lol

I don't remember McCarthy or Lambert assembling a title winning squad.

15 minutes ago, Donut said:

Well if me and others are "wallies" for wanting a club ran with the future in mind, with a culture focused on developing young players, for wanting everybody's opinions to contribute to the whole, for a club to be ran sustainably and ethically then yes, I'm a wally. For if wanting a modern, forward thinking, personable man leading the club I love means I'm a "wally" then yes I plead guilty, I'm a wally. And I'd like to thank all the wallies who would dare to want the same and who make their opinions known.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This one sums the guy up. Puts facts out in front of people and they can't deal with it. 

Exactly why I love NP.

Says it how it is... don't care if journalists don't like it... tough shit.

He is actually very similar to Fergie in terms of media outbursts but cos Fergie was so successful no one mentions it

23 minutes ago, Donut said:

Congrats. One of the most offensive posts ever, on here. You use the suffragette movement as a negative. You do know what they fought for and against, don't you ? 

14 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yes.

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

A manager whos achievements dont match Ranieri's and are no better than someone like Paul Lambert 

You say that as if Lambert (and/or Mccarthy's) achievements were not great? Because Sky/BBC/ESPN didn't give two shits doesn't mean that dragging a faltering football club out of league one and then the Championship is not a brilliant achievement. Look at Sheff Weds, Leeds and Forest. That would be us (if not Coventry) had Pearson not done what he did. So yeah, it may not have got the global recognition as winning the title (and nor should it) but it was a majorly important for this club and what we did last season. it deserves that recognition as it quite clearly not just a footnote in our history.

Just now, Strokes said:

I don't remember McCarthy or Lambert assembling a title winning squad.

Neither did Pearson lol

Ranieri won the league not Pearson.

This "title winning squad" thing is so naff it really is. Pearson assembled a group of players.

Celtic have won all but one of their games this season in the SPL. So we should credit Ronny Deila for that?

Liverpool have improved a lot under Klopp. But the credit is Brendan Rogers' because he signed the majority of the players?

What youre saying is, if Mick McCarthy had a son who had his bumhole licked by a prostitute and was sacked, then whoever took over and won the league with them actually didnt win the league. Mick McCarthy did. Because he had good old Marcus Stewart up front and Gary Breen at the back lol rather than the new manager making them miles better.

Thats what happened at Leicester and whether you choose to accept that or not is your perogative but thats what happened.

9 hours ago, Donut said:

Ranieri achieved one of the greatest things any manager had ever achieved, even if he had plenty to thank Pearson for. The same would apply to the players in their respective field. 

Ranieri made incredibly well-judged tweaks to things that were already working - such as returning to the previously favoured 4-4-2, completing the Kante signing and introducing a little more tactical nous (whether that was his work or that of the coaches he brought in, I don't know, but he should get the credit). And he was a master-class in handling pressure, and maintaining momentum. I don't know whether Pearson would have done what he did, but I honestly doubt it. I mean, who else has gone to a 14th place side and turned them into title winners, without any huge investment? It was spectacular.

So when I reflect on our journey from the third tier to the title, I have tremendous respect - in fact I'm in awe of what Ranieri did, even if I reluctantly accept it may have (possibly unfairly) been necessary to make a change. But Pearson also had a massive - spectacular, actually - role in that. What made our triumph so incredible was the fact that we'd come up from such depths, and won a league with a side that was worth a tenth of our rivals. And that's where Pearson takes credit.

I couldn't possibly take seriously the opinion of anyone who failed to recognise what either Pearson or Ranieri did for Leicester City. And I think some posters tend to recognise Pearson, but not Ranieri, which is absurd. While others, yourself included, at times seem to be dismissive of Pearson's role, which is equally silly.

7 hours ago, bovril said:

Not at all? I respect what he did here and his teams gave me some of the best times I've had watching football. But I think it's be ludicrous to hire a guy for what would essentially be the 4th time. Especially considering the circumstances of the sacking in '15. 

Could you expand on this a bit more? I agree it would be unusual to hire him for a 3rd time, but that doesn't strike me as a reason not to do so. Surely what we should focus on is whether we think he'd do a good job or not and as Matt says, there's evidence to suggest that he would.

9 minutes ago, Donut said:

Im a massive Leicester fan.

The whole thing is badly skewed though and some people are too blind to see it. Pinning all the blame onto people like Ranieri and Rudkin without even knowing whats happened or what some people even do at the club lol

Its so funny that theres a group of people who fall over backwards to hail a man who could win minor trophies like the championship, and yet want a man like Ranieri out the door as quickly as possible.

Funny I remember you being very quick to pin the blame on Pearson when things weren't going great.

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Without a fookin doubt I would.

Just now, Donut said:

Neither did Pearson lol

Ranieri won the league not Pearson.

This "title winning squad" thing is so naff it really is. Pearson assembled a group of players.

Celtic have won all but one of their games this season in the SPL. So we should credit Ronny Deila for that?

Liverpool have improved a lot under Klopp. But the credit is Brendan Rogers' because he signed the majority of the players?

What youre saying is, if Mick McCarthy had a son who had his bumhole licked by a prostitute and was sacked, then whoever took over and won the league with them actually didnt win the league. Mick McCarthy did. Because he had good old Marcus Stewart up front and Gary Breen at the back lol rather than the new manager making them miles better.

Thats what happened at Leicester and whether you choose to accept that or not is your perogative but thats what happened.

I never said Pearson won the title you muppet, I was one of Ranieri's biggest supporters and I am devastated he is gone but I still think the groundwork Pearson put in was significant in the title. Ranieri wouldn't have won the title last season with any other squad at any other team. It was like a jigsaw puzzle and Ranieri slotted in perfect. Pearson for me can take us forward from where we are and given the other names being bandied about, I would be delighted to have him back.

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Than yes. 

Close the door to the rest of the world and enjoy no more last minute transfer window rush for absolutely nothing. 

Pearson, Walsh and Shakey...we'll be ok till they retire together.

Archived