Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ndidi the monster. RIP Kante

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's similar to Dembele at Barcelona, albeit different positions - strong, quick to react and highly-aware.

Wouldn't mind him being more offensive than he usually is.

They’re nothing alike lol

Dembele is one of the biggest young talents in world football and Wilfred N’Didi wins tackles for us.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wookie said:

They’re nothing alike lol

Dembele is one of the biggest young talents in world football and Wilfred N’Didi wins tackles for us.

??? no i can see his point, ndidi reminds me a lot of: name black player here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

No I like him, it's just every time he has a good game everyone claims him as the messiah. 

He's a decent player, but has so much to improve on before I'll start worrying about a big club come after him. Our third central midfielder in my opinion. Comparing him to Dembele? Jesus Christ.

I agree that he has a great deal to improve upon, though we are beginning to see flashes of fluency with the ball at his feet + more ambition with his passing. But nobody else on the team could come close to playing that DM role with anywhere near the proficiency he does, he's relentless, probably has saved that sieve of a defense we field half a goal per game, and his presence allows us to start more attacking players than we could if he were on the bench. Absolutely critical to the side, plus if we set aside his talent, he's a lovely bloke, very humble and polite, well-liked by his teammates, just a terrific addition, almost makes up for all the dreck we signed up the summer prior. 

The guy gets dropped in the Prem from Genk, a year later he leads the league in tackles by an enormous margin, he hasn't even played every game, and he's not anywhere near his prime. His improvement on the ball and passing is clear (as it is with quite a few players since Puel arrived) -- if he can keep improving in those two areas, and then figure out if/where he should be taking those deep shots from and how to get them on target, I think he may be ready for an elite European side in 3-4 years. 

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan

I’m a big fan of Wilf and always have been. But I still really miss Kante playing for us. Just watching him tonight with his tackling and his forward bursts just reminds me what a pleasure it was to have in a City shirt and how central he was to our success. 

Wilf is the future but Kante will always be an amazing part of our past.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m a big fan of Wilf and always have been. But I still really miss Kante playing for us. Just watching him tonight with his tackling and his forward bursts just reminds me what a pleasure it was to have in a City shirt and how central he was to our success. 

Kante is outstanding, even Chelsea with all their money looked a shadow of themselves when he wasn't playing.

8 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Kante is outstanding, even Chelsea with all their money looked a shadow of themselves when he wasn't playing.

He is but I still keep thinking he was so much better for us than he is for Chelsea. For us, after he won the ball back, he'd drive forward like he was on a coiled spring and you could see opposition players shit themselves. 

For Chelsea, he'll make a tackle, move the ball on and then slot back into his DM position. 

Seems like a bit of a waste. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vanity said:

I agree that he has a great deal to improve upon, though we are beginning to see flashes of fluency with the ball at his feet + more ambition with his passing. But nobody else on the team could come close to playing that DM role with anywhere near the proficiency he does, he's relentless, probably has saved that sieve of a defense we field half a goal per game, and his presence allows us to start more attacking players than we could if he were on the bench. Absolutely critical to the side, plus if we set aside his talent, he's a lovely bloke, very humble and polite, well-liked by his teammates, just a terrific addition, almost makes up for all the dreck we signed up the summer prior. 

The guy gets dropped in the Prem from Genk, a year later he leads the league in tackles by an enormous margin, he hasn't even played every game, and he's not anywhere near his prime. His improvement on the ball and passing is clear (as it is with quite a few players since Puel arrived) -- if he can keep improving in those two areas, and then figure out if/where he should be taking those deep shots from and how to get them on target, I think he may be ready for an elite European side in 3-4 years. 

We'll said. He's excellent and will only get better.

5 minutes ago, Danizen said:

He is but I still keep thinking he was so much better for us than he is for Chelsea. For us, after he won the ball back, he'd drive forward like he was on a coiled spring and you could see opposition players shit themselves. 

For Chelsea, he'll make a tackle, move the ball on and then slot back into his DM position. 

Seems like a bit of a waste. 

Thats just not true, Kante has lots of freedom for chelsea, i have seen him probably more creative than he was here

Guest MattP
4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He was sensational tonight, that tackle on Ozil was incredible and I don't think he gave the ball away.

Ndidi has potential but nowhere near Kante.

Wilf is the most important player of this team. Without him we’d be battling relegation and maybe depression. He protects the defense from its own frailties and supplies the attack with more possession that otherwise wouldn’t be there. He’s no kante but kante is no wilf either. Both are special!

• Like 1

See the United forum Red Café is doing a thread on who they rate as the top

5 EPL players that do not play for the big six sides .... interesting reading.

Mahrez and Vardy feature in most opinions but Wilf is also in quite a few picks.

Maybe supporters of other clubs rate Wilf more than some of our own fans.