Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ndidi the monster. RIP Kante

1 minute ago, Marutimon said:

I really think he should have had more RB / CB exposure though. Can't see him breaking into the midfield now, while I think (despite yesterday's game) that Huth + Morgan could be improved by bringing in one faster defender.

Och it's a tough one.  I think we should probably rotate him for now between CB and DM (like last night when we need to shore up a bit).  I was more disagreeing with the "didn't tackle enough" bit of the other poster when, statistically, he made more tackles per minute than anyone else (apart from maybe Ndidi).  Calling him "our only negative" because he didn;t tackle enough is just factually incorrect.  Sometimes people see what they want to I think and I think the guy gets more criticism than he deserves.   Very useful player to have in my opinion and still young.  Hopefully he keeps being involved.  X

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's only been here 8 weeks lol 

So what? Been a big fan of him from the very beginning.

Began to follow him before he started to play here. Instantly striked me as a fine player. Agressive on the man, calm composed with the ball, good passing range and not afraid to shoot. A good box to box midfielder in the making, miles above from Amartey had to offer in that position.

While others didn't seem to find convincing, you'll never find a single post from me that goes in that way. 

Edited by ZeGuy

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Och it's a tough one.  I think we should probably rotate him for now between CB and DM (like last night when we need to shore up a bit).  I was more disagreeing with the "didn't tackle enough" bit of the other poster when, statistically, he made more tackles per minute than anyone else (apart from maybe Ndidi).  Calling him "our only negative" because he didn;t tackle enough is just factually incorrect.  Sometimes people see what they want to I think and I think the guy gets more criticism than he deserves.   Very useful player to have in my opinion and still young.  Hopefully he keeps being involved.  X

In all honesty Mahrez was the only negative (well and Gray was inefficient when he came on).

Also between Ndidi, Amartey, Gray and Slimani I think Leicester actually did some good business in the summer. Slimani has been unlucky, Gray and Amartey are work in progress.

Jury's till out on Kapustka, Wague (why the hell was he even signed?) and Mendy, but Musa was the only signing flop, so I don't really understand why the Leicester signings are being so brutally attacked by fans. The new signings weren't the issue (well... save for Musa)...

Edited by Marutimon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marutimon said:

Mahrez was more of a negative.

Also between Ndidi, Amartey, Gray and Slimani I think Leicester actually did some good business in the summer. Slimani has been unlucky, Gray and Amartey are work in progress.

Jury's till out on Kapustka, Wague (why the hell was he even signed?) and Mendy, but Musa was the only signing flop, so I don't really understand why the Leicester signings are being so brutally attacked by fans. The new signings weren't the issue (well... save for Musa)...

Totally agree, which was why I wanted to offer the alternative to the guy citing Amartey as a negative.  I think, as long as we stay up, we will be OK next season.  Lots of young players and players that still need time to settle.  We are Ok. X

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

In all honesty Mahrez was the only negative (well and Gray was inefficient when he came on).

If we keep Amartey, I'm expecting to see him replace either Hugh or Morgan, next season at CB. That's clearly his best position. 

I think we'll probably go out and sign better though, IF we stay up.

13 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Amartey and Gray weren't summer signings! They're both Premier League Champions having played important roles in the 2nd part of last season. Ndidi was signed in this January transfer window he's not a summer signing, ditto Wague. Overall our summer signings - Mendy, Musa, Zieler,  Kapustka, Slimani, have ranged from poor to somewhat disappointing. Overall, summer 2016 was a shocking transfer window for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If we keep Amartey, I'm expecting to see him replace either Hugh or Morgan, next season at CB. That's clearly his best position. 

I think we'll probably go out and sign better though, IF we stay up.

IF we keep Amartey?  He is capable in Midfield, at full back and at centre back. He's young and keen, why would we want to sell him? 

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Amartey and Gray weren't summer signings! They're both Premier League Champions having played important roles in the 2nd part of last season. Ndidi was signed in this January transfer window he's not a summer signing, ditto Wague. Overall our summer signings - Mendy, Musa, Zieler,  Kapustka, Slimani, have ranged from poor to somewhat disappointing. Overall, summer 2016 was a shocking transfer window for us.

Don't forget blink-and-you'll-miss-him Hernandez!

2 hours ago, Marutimon said:

Also Kante (and for that matter Gueye) seem to be able to run at full speed for 90 minutes, while Ndidi looked spent after 70 minutes yesterday (he managed 10 tackles and 7 headers in his first 70 minutes and only one tackle in the final 20 - mind you only the elite players average a tackle per 20 minutes).

To be fair Ndidi is only twenty and has played a handful of games at this level. I suspect that his fitness/stamina will improve over the next 6-12 months. NG is a freak of nature so hard to compare his fitness to anyone!

4 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Add Hernandez to the mix

Ndidi was immense last night. He also set a new season tackles in a game record.

The big difference this game to previous ones is if you watched his movement he was moving left to right across the full width of the field about 30 yards out and then he would pounce. That was precisely how Kante played his (or that) role last season. He is going to be a valuable asset, make up for some of the other not so prudent signings in the Summer.

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

IF we keep Amartey?  He is capable in Midfield, at full back and at centre back. He's young and keen, why would we want to sell him? 

I think we'll look for better if we stay up. Can't see him commanding a first team spot consistently anywhere on the pitch.

He'll stay if we go down and be fine at CB in the Championship.

16 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

Deep inside, you know you would take Kante back in a heart beat ...

I disagree. N'didi has the potential to be even better.

He's almost matching Kante in interceptions and tackles stats at present and he's younger.

Not to mention the fact that the boy can actually hit the target. As much as I love N'golo he does have a weakness which is his shooting!

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think we'll look for better if we stay up. Can't see him commanding a first team spot consistently anywhere on the pitch.

He'll stay if we go down and be fine at CB in the Championship.

Still got time. His potential to play in so many positions makes him a great squad member imo.

I've got some high hopes for him after his performance last night - personally I think it's a bit early to be comparing him to Kante but he's no doubt an excellent addition. There's some stats here looking at Kante's stats this season compared to last year - http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/how-ngolo-kantés-role-has-changed-since-joining-chelsea

I'd be quite interested in seeing a similar comparison piece with Ndidi come the end of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but I thought it was odd that Amartey quickly left the field with the Liverpool players whilst the rest of our team and bench celebrated at length with the crowd.

May have had a knock or needed a wee I suppose, but he didn't seem to be lifted by the result like the others so obviously were.

we are still growing - we should have players like amarty AND ndiddi  - we will neeed a strong midfiled while we sort out the back four - whcihc we must do in the summer - with a busy preseason to betd them in.  I would still like keane form burnley... maybe with benny.  Simprson is not shot... but we need cover