Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ndidi the monster. RIP Kante

1 hour ago, Bablemikey said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but I thought it was odd that Amartey quickly left the field with the Liverpool players whilst the rest of our team and bench celebrated at length with the crowd.

May have had a knock or needed a wee I suppose, but he didn't seem to be lifted by the result like the others so obviously were.

Probably to sort out a shirt swap according to tunnel cam

3 hours ago, Ian996 said:

At least that's what it says on his birth certificate. Didn't he fail an MRI to compete with the U17s. Nigerian birth certificate can say what it wants.

He's probably a few years older but its 1-2 years at best. Why? Because a 20 year old would never have passed the MRI test and Ndidi passed one in 2012, but failed another in 2013. So he's borderline.

Also: 

Compare his pics from back then and look at him now. He has obviously aged and bulked up. 

Compare him in 2012 and now - you don't change like that in your 20s:

Ndidi+at+U17+in+2012.jpg

That said there is also a lot of cases of players unjustly deemed overage because the MRI tests margin of errors. For example one US-born Nigerian with a US birth certificate failed the MRI test and Nigeria dropped him, even though its pretty impossible for the player to have forged anything.

Edited by Marutimon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sdb said:

...better than kante?!?

Maybe not better, but he's on the same level and also very similar as a player. Gueye was Walsh's first choice for Leicester and the only good thing on a terrible Aston Villa side. Everton's best player this season by far.

I'm not the only one that thinks so:

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/di-matteo-everton-star-just-good-ngolo-kante/

http://www.squawka.com/news/evertons-idrissa-gueye-is-the-nearest-thing-to-ngolo-kante-garth-crooks/910873

And the stats only back this up. Gueye was only second to Kante statswise last season. This season he is second to no one.

Just now, Marutimon said:

Maybe not better, but he's on the same level and also very similar as a player. Gueye was Walsh's first choice for Leicester and the only good thing on a terrible Aston Villa side. Everton's best player this season by far.

I'm not the only one that thinks so:

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/di-matteo-everton-star-just-good-ngolo-kante/

http://www.squawka.com/news/evertons-idrissa-gueye-is-the-nearest-thing-to-ngolo-kante-garth-crooks/910873

And the stats only back this up. Gueye was only second to Kante statswise last season. This season he is second to no one.

Totally agree Gueye is quality and the man we should've gone for this summer, but Kante is another level and then some. The bloke isnt human. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Totally agree Gueye is quality and the man we should've gone for this summer, but Kante is another level and then some. The bloke isnt human. 

But neither is Gueye. What does Kante have that Gueye doesn't?

Gueye runs just as much, he's everywhere on the field like there were two of him. And he even has better success rates than Kante.

Physically there is no difference, I guess you could discuss whether Kante's positioning is better.

Still don't know why Leicester didn't sign Gueye... He was such an obvious choice.

Edited by Marutimon

Ndidi I think he could Ndidi be better than Kante? 

Was excellent against Liverpool, his interceptions were unreal and in abundance. He is only young at 20 yrs old and does make the odd mistake still with passing and is a bit clumsy with some of his challenges inside the box but given time I think this guy could be one of our best players, he certainly was all over the place last night.. Whats your thoughts ?

• Like 1

Ndidi has better heading, younger and a better pass/shot on him

Kantè has better stamina, standing tackle and he looks like a box to box CDM for me (if that's even a thing)

Yes n'didi was great yesterday. But, last season I felt the team played with 12 players on the pitch. Kantè is just that good.

Edited by the fox

Not the same style. He reminds me of Patrick Viera. His progression curve and potential are immense. He's bound to become one of the midfielders in the world. I hope we'll keep him at least one more season. No way he'll stay if we go down.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Depends, at what? Ndidi is much better at CB I would have thought. Generally a better all round player.

Imagine a squad of 11 Ndidis vs 11 Kantes, the team of Kantes would get tonked about 20-0.

If you were playing 11 Kantes you wouldn't ever get the ball near the opponents box.

Ndidi has started well but he is a million miles from Ngolo, the latter is the most important player in the league.