Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ndidi the monster. RIP Kante

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

If you were playing 11 Kantes you wouldn't ever get the ball near the opponents box.

Ndidi has started well but he is a million miles from Ngolo, the latter is the most important player in the league.

long ball and simply head it all the way across the pitch? Kante is considerably worse at aerial duels (1.0/game vs 4.8/game)

Ndidi can do long range shots from outside the box. Kante.. simply can't shoot.

plus it amuses me to imagine Kante as a GK.

Edited by brucey

On 2/28/2017 at 17:52, foxinsocks said:

we are still growing - we should have players like amarty AND ndiddi  - we will neeed a strong midfiled while we sort out the back four - whcihc we must do in the summer - with a busy preseason to betd them in.  I would still like keane form burnley... maybe with benny.  Simprson is not shot... but we need cover 

Keane will NOT be going to Leicester.....but may wear a blue strip next season Chelsea or Everton. The Foxes dithered last summer instead of splashing the cash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I still think the jury should be out on Mendy.   Just needs to be given a chance,

I think you are right mozartfox. He's still very young. And I think he needs more time...

However the devil in me says he gets pushed off the ball an awful lot and doesn't seem to be a good tackler. He hinders and harrasses but in terms of interceptions and tackling ability he seems way way down compared to Ndidi, Kante, Drinkwater and James.

But perhaps with a few more months of learning from the others he'll grow & develop into a very tidy useful midfielder.

Edited by zealot
sp.

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Keane will NOT be going to Leicester.....but may wear a blue strip next season Chelsea or Everton. The Foxes dithered last summer instead of splashing the cash.

Wait till we win the champions league, he'll be banging on dyche's door begging to come to us

On 02/03/2017 at 16:41, mozartfox said:

I still think the jury should be out on Mendy.   Just needs to be given a chance,

Agreed.

If it is true that the players were confused before but are now all on the same page, he certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

Let's also not forget he was out for what seemed like forever with his injury and is only just getting back to full fitness. I do fear for him though - iirc he had worked with Ranieri before and was specifically chosen by King Claudio.

Still, would like to see him given a chance but surely not in front of N'Didi at the moment. 

On 02/03/2017 at 22:21, Jay123 said:

From what I heard (and it was a scout from Leicester) that Chelsea wanted Kante and drinky together and deinky was close too going until a change of heart and wanted to stay at lcfc

They dodged a bullet seeing drinks form of late. 

Hopefully he picks up now. 

On Thu Mar 02 2017 at 22:21, Jay123 said:

From what I heard (and it was a scout from Leicester) that Chelsea wanted Kante and drinky together and deinky was close too going until a change of heart and wanted to stay at lcfc

I get bits of info on Leicester and when I do I post on here, I was told Arsenal enquired about Drinkwater and Chilwell. 

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:46, lancyclaret said:

Being realistic, Keane wouldn't get into any of the teams in the top 6 bar Liverpool but would he fit Klopp's style?

Chelsea still have Christensen to come back and could go out in the summer and sign a top CB like Koulibaly.

That leaves Leicester & Everton. Providing we stay up, I'd say we have a decent chance of still signing Keane.

Personally think Ndidi will go on to be a better player than Kante. 

I think he has all the attributes to be an all round better player, think he is a mixture of Pogba and Kante plus he is younger than both of them so his potential is huge. 

Great stamina, reads the game really well with passing and interceptions, he will get you a few goals a season, good on the ball and also able to win a few in the air. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Great character for a young lad, at fault for their goal, got on with it and bossed it

He gave the ball away but I wouldn't even say he was singularly at fault. We had plenty of chances to win it back but just defended abysmally. If Ndidi is at fault then Morgan is equally.