Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ndidi the monster. RIP Kante

Just now, Steven said:

The one about the bag of Wine gums. :ph34r::huh::unsure:

lol

I've not read all of this thread but I saw a few comments on one of the early pages saying he had one, couldn't be arsed to read every page and see if anyone said otherwise so I thought I'd ask ;)

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He gave the ball away but I wouldn't even say he was singularly at fault. We had plenty of chances to win it back but just defended abysmally. If Ndidi is at fault then Morgan is equally.

No agree, but gave the ball away needlessly, which put the defence under pressure, but not a major criticism of him, he's young and will make mistakes, but shown great character and performance after, looking forward to seeing  him next season, when I think he's only going to get better and better 

• Like 1

R5 commentators thought he was key in midfield. He seemed to be good in parts. Clearly he isn't the finished article, I believe he's 20? Lot's experience to gain but I think he could really flourish here over a couple of seasons.

On 2/3/2017 at 17:41, mozartfox said:

I still think the jury should be out on Mendy.   Just needs to be given a chance,

Smells like another 'Inler' to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him this summer.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He gave the ball away but I wouldn't even say he was singularly at fault. We had plenty of chances to win it back but just defended abysmally. If Ndidi is at fault then Morgan is equally.

That's a bit harsh. It was a good counter attack and slightly fortunate that Clucas was able to hook it in. But agreed that Ndidi cannot be blamed for it when he lost it just outside their box. It was a poor mistake to concede possession in that situation either way.

• Like 1

Just now, shen said:

Smells like another 'Inler' to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him this summer.

That's a bit harsh. It was a good counter attack and slightly fortunate that Clucas was able to hook it in. But agreed that Ndidi cannot be blamed for it when he lost it just outside their box. It was a poor mistake to concede possession in that situation either way.

Morgan makes no effort to get a tackle in and Clucas is surrounded by three players in the box. Drinkwater especially should hang his head. He had a disappointing game all game today.

If he's not aware where the midfield runner is in the box, then what the hell is he even back there for? He should be facing Clucas ready to get the ball before him.

It was an okay counter attack, it was very poorly defended.

I thought this was his worst game for us, although overall he was OK. His mistake was pretty bad but didn't prove to be costly this time round. Although rattled by that mistake initially, I think he grew into the game. If you think about it, he has played less than 10 games as a CM in the Premier League but he looks very much at home. That is a huge compliment for someone that is so young and adjusting to a new league. Though he made the mistake, you can see that he has the self belief to try things and that is the exciting thing about some of our youngsters. When they get more experience and confidence they could end up being incredible players.

Ndidi has benefited from Drinkwater's return to form (or has Drinkwater prospered because of Ndidi?). They compliment each other well and it's good to see them clicking.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah I agree, Mendy will probably leave in the summer. I recently saw him in some 'worst signings of the season' article (for the Prem teams). Can't remember what the article/poll was.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Morgan makes no effort to get a tackle in and Clucas is surrounded by three players in the box. Drinkwater especially should hang his head. He had a disappointing game all game today.

If he's not aware where the midfield runner is in the box, then what the hell is he even back there for? He should be facing Clucas ready to get the ball before him.

It was an okay counter attack, it was very poorly defended.

Hmmm, I'll have to watch it again on MotD. To me it looked like the deflection from Kasper took the ball behind Clucas where the three markers had run in between Clucas and the goalline. I guess one of the three should've run in between Grosicki and Clucas there.

20 minutes ago, Parafox said:

R5 commentators thought he was key in midfield. He seemed to be good in parts. Clearly he isn't the finished article, I believe he's 20? Lot's experience to gain but I think he could really flourish here over a couple of seasons.

You must be the only one to believe he's twenty?

7 minutes ago, notnow john said:

You must be the only one to believe he's twenty?

I dunno, I was listening to R5 and I thought I heard them say he was 20. Please enlighten me rather than make a sarky remark.

He was born 16 December 1996. :P

Edited by Parafox

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Jesus, calm down and don't trip over your handbag mate.

LOL. I was criticised for being apparently ignorant when in fact I'm correct. NNJ needs to check his facts and I simply didn't take kindly to his comment. it's 8pm Saturday night, maybe he's pre-loading before a night out.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

LOL. I was criticised for being apparently ignorant when in fact I'm correct. NNJ needs to check his facts and I simply didn't take kindly to his comment. it's 8pm Saturday night, maybe he's pre-loading before a night out.

I think the point was that Nigerian players are always older than what they claim following a scandal some years ago with the Nigerian U 21 side (or something like that).

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

I can't speak for the poster but it seemed liked he was taking the piss not criticising you for being ignorant. Whether Ndidi is 20 or not, he doesn't look it. I think that was the point but you completely fell out of your cot about it.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I think the point was that Nigerian players are always older than what they claim following a scandal some years ago with the Nigerian U 21 side (or something like that).

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you for a sensible reply and making me better informed. :thumbup: