Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

8 hours ago, Strokes said:

It seems the only people claiming we didn't know what we were voting for, are remainers. I have heard not one leaver, claim to be disgruntled or bewildered. Not on here or out in the wider world, it's a myth, peddled by desperate, scheming remainers.

Sorry but this is a pile of donkey droppings.

With the scaremongering and misinformation being peddled from both sides 

it's no surprise that many floating voters were really struggling to make an

informed decision. There so many people interviewed before the vote complaining

that they needed more information and more clarity.

What still sticks in my mind was a woman being asked on local news why she

voted to leave and she replied it was for the extra 350m a week that would be

going to NHS, this was a day after Farage admitted he made it up.

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

So an exit from the European Union should never have been put to the British people to vote upon, The Doctor showing his true colours maybe :P

It shouldn't - the eu and our involvement in it is far too complex for anyone to reasonably understand the implications of each option - remainers and leavers alike 

3 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Sorry but this is a pile of donkey droppings.

With the scaremongering and misinformation being peddled from both sides 

it's no surprise that many floating voters were really struggling to make an

informed decision. There so many people interviewed before the vote complaining

that they needed more information and more clarity.

What still sticks in my mind was a woman being asked on local news why she

voted to leave and she replied it was for the extra 350m a week that would be

going to NHS, this was a day after Farage admitted he made it up.

Talking of steaming pile of donkey droppings, farage never said it in the first place. So I'm not sure how he admitted he made it up.

18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Talking of steaming pile of donkey droppings, farage never said it in the first place. So I'm not sure how he admitted he made it up.

He admitted it was made up and was part of the leave campaign that had buses driving around

covered with that particular piece of misinformation.

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

He admitted it was made up and was part of the leave campaign that had buses driving around

He wasn't part of the official leave campaign, clearly you are another confused remainer.

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

How would he know Farage wasn't a member of the leave campaign plus Wasn't that a suggestion to what to do with the money and not a promise 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He wasn't part of the official leave campaign, clearly you are another confused remainer.

But he did admit, once it had been used to help him get what he wanted, that it should never have been said and was mistake by the leave campaign.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But he did admit, once it had been used to help him get what he wanted, that it should never have been said and was mistake by the leave campaign.

Was he asked before? It wasn't his claim to rebuke, and trying to associate him in the way that's being claimed, can only be out of mischief or confusion. Both familiar to this debate.

Just now, Strokes said:

Was he asked before? It wasn't his claim to rebuke, and trying to associate him in the way that's being claimed, can only be out of mischief or confusion. Both familiar to this debate.

He was asked, on the day after the referendum and even though it wasn't his lie, he admitted it was a lie. The other posters point is the day after he admitted that a woman said that lie was the reason she voted leave. Whether Farage made up that lie isn't relevant, it's just happen he was the one to confirm it shouldn't have been used, and one day later people were still buying it.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He was asked, on the day after the referendum and even though it wasn't his lie, he admitted it was a lie. The other posters point is the day after he admitted that a woman said that lie was the reason she voted leave. Whether Farage made up that lie isn't relevant, it's just happen he was the one to confirm it shouldn't have been used, and one day later people were still buying it.

I'm not sure how farage saying it was a lie confirms anything, he wasn't part of the campaign, he isn't part of the government or parliament and it wasn't his claim in the first place.

He has about as much credibility on the subject as the man on the street and was nothing more than a spokesperson for a different campaign. Vote leave and leave.eu we're separate. How can his word on the subject be taken over anybody else's?

The bus didnt say, 'we promise the £350m a week will go to the NHS gauranteed!'

Anyone who thought that's what the bus said is, i'm afraid a bloody idiot.  Equally anyone who refers to the message on the bus as a lie or a broken promise is equally so.

Anything put forward by either the remain or brexit campaigns were nothing more than possibilities.  

I'm amazed that people didn't realise this.

43 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Maybe you are confused, you seem to have added the word 'official' 

to my quote. Are you suggesting that Farage did not campaign to leave

the EU?

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Anyone who thought that's what the bus said is, i'm afraid a bloody idiot.  Equally anyone who refers to the message on the bus as a lie or a broken promise is equally so.

Anything put forward by either the remain or brexit campaigns were nothing more than possibilities.  

I think the example I referred to clearly shows many idiots and ill informed people did vote.

51 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

Maybe you are confused, you seem to have added the word 'official' 

to my quote. Are you suggesting that Farage did not campaign to leave

the EU?

No I'm not confused, you see he wasn't part of the campaign that had 'buses driving around covered with that particular piece of misinformation '. That was the official leave campaign, the one he wasn't part of.

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think you'll find that the govt was elected. They're not making decisions for us, we already made the decision on June the 23rd.

That's not entirely true though, is it? I don't recall a snap election after Cameron stepped down.  If you approve of MPs elected by us deciding, without your vote but based on their own interpretation of what's best for the people who gave them their backing, who should be in charge of making executive and legislative decisions on our behalf then I must have had you wrong this whole time because I could have sworn you were against an EU-style system of governance.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Note that it says "access to" and not "membership of". That's nothing that Boris, Gove or any other prominent leaver promised. 

It's not theirs to promise.buy a all down to negotiations.

Yep, that's nonsense by Corbyn.

"Access to the single market" is the same nonsense phrase that the Leave people used during the campaign.

Almost every country in the world has "access to the single market". China has such "access". What matters is the terms of that access.

Even under "Hard Brexit", the EU wouldn't suddenly refuse access to all British goods, services, capital or people - but they probably would impose regulations, tariffs and other complications, making it less economically viable.

As Webbo says, the Govt can't "guarantee" anything as it's a two-way negotiation process.

I suppose the most they could do is "guarantee to negotiate for membership of the Single Market" or "to negotiate for free/easy access".

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

Who said that the vote to leave made her physically sick, so I don't think she did.

Her lawyer said so after the ruling.  He further added that the case was brought as they didnt want a handful of people rushing this through as it was too important.  It had nothing to do with trying to stop Brexit, quite the opposite.  It was just about making sure it was done properly.

8 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Come on though, even though it didnt explicitly say 'we'll give £350m to the NHS guaranteed when we leave the EU' it clearly insinuates this to people who didnt know any better. The Vote Leave campaign were very clever in their wording of the message.

Archived