Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

6 minutes ago, Barky said:

The point remains as it always does when talking with that particular type of middle to older aged conservative who harks back to the good old days when Britain was great - relative to today those days were shit for everyone except the elite few who inherited wealth or management positions. Everyone else had to work themselves to the bone in dangerous conditions for not much money. It's not something I personally want to see a return to.

I wouldn't worry too much, any government who does take us back to the days of workhouses, slavery etc etc will only be in for one term at the most, then after that will never see office again.

That's also the reason why it won't happen.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

I wouldn't worry too much, any government who does take us back to the days of workhouses, slavery etc etc will only be in for one term at the most, then after that will never see office again.

That's also the reason why it won't happen.

The tories oversaw the worst wage growth in the developed world from 2010-2015 and still got back in. It's not as extreme as a return to slavery but it's still regressive and for me, unwelcome. The appetite among the electorate for politics that rational analysis would confirm won't work for them is a bit weird. And maybe one day someone like trump will actually do the things he campaigned on. Imagine he came out on Monday and said you know that wall on the Mexican border, it's happening, work starts today. I'd imagine there would be uproar, but who could complain, the Americans actually voted for the idea.

1 minute ago, Barky said:

The tories oversaw the worst wage growth in the developed world from 2010-2015 and still got back in. It's not as extreme as a return to slavery but it's still regressive and for me, unwelcome. The appetite among the electorate for politics that rational analysis would confirm won't work for them is a bit weird. And maybe one day someone like trump will actually do the things he campaigned on. Imagine he came out on Monday and said you know that wall on the Mexican border, it's happening, work starts today. I'd imagine there would be uproar, but who could complain, the Americans actually voted for the idea.

But the Tories were in a system where that had to open the borders to anyone who wanted to come here from a continent going through serious hardship, on top of that we had just come out of the banking crisis, if you think that's a recipe for huge wage rises then you are probably expecting too much, better off judging wage growth after Brexit, put it this way, was the option of an SNP-Labour coalition a better option than the Tories in May last year? Of course it wasn't.

(Although thinking about it given the left were predicting triple dip recessions, mass unemployment, riots etc after the 2010 election I suppose only having slow wage growth to have a go at is a considerable success)

Also, the wall has already started, it's stretches along vast parts of Arizona, just no one bothered to mention that because it happened under Bush and Obama.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

But the Tories were in a system where that had to open the borders to anyone who wanted to come here from a continent going through serious hardship, on top of that we had just come out of the banking crisis, if you think that's a recipe for huge wage rises then you are probably expecting too much, better off judging wage growth after Brexit, put it this way, was the option of an SNP-Labour coalition a better option than the Tories in May last year? Of course it wasn't.

(Although thinking about it given the left were predicting triple dip recessions, mass unemployment, riots etc after the 2010 election I suppose only having slow wage growth to have a go at is a considerable success)

Also, the wall has already started, it's stretches along vast parts of Arizona, just no one bothered to mention that because it happened under Bush and Obama.

Every major country in Europe faced the same challenges and all of them managed better wage growth than we did.

It'll be interesting to see how brexit changes things, in the short term I think we'll struggle due to inflation caused by the fall in the pound, but long term who knows. I'm quite optimistic as long as we don't fall into the trap of thinking what's good for business and GDP is good for wage growth - history shows us that's not always the case.

I'm not against brexit at all but right now the nation is divided and consequently as an electorate we've lost a lot of our power. I'd like to see us unite behind issues and policies that might actually benefit us instead of being preoccupied with arguing about obscurities. The more we allow politicians to move to the extremes of left and right the more divided we become, the more divided we are the weaker we are. Politicians want this, ordinary people shouldn't.

Marie LePen is pushing for Frexit !!! 

She is pro putin , and states clearly that historically Russia is friendly with most European countries And the US is creating a Cold War with them 

Her interview with that cock Andrew Marr is facinating ,the world is changing and changing fast ! 

His questions on destabilising efforts by Russia is exactly what a NeoCon media whore would ask ,,,, Andrew Marr is a cretin and marie LePen slashed him in that interview 

farage has tried so many times to go away and let someone else take centre stage but just cannot help himself especially when no one else has the personality that he has. he couldn't wait to go over and congratulate trump. weather it will make much of a difference to how Trump will treat Britain i very much doubt it but we will see.

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

farage has tried so many times to go away and let someone else take centre stage but just cannot help himself especially when no one else has the personality that he has. he couldn't wait to go over and congratulate trump. weather it will make much of a difference to how Trump will treat Britain i very much doubt it but we will see.

Makes me wonder who's paying for it all, UKIP, Euro MP expenses, himself, the yanks, unidentified benefactor?

26 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

farage has tried so many times to go away

He's not trying very hard. He could easily have called Trump if he wanted to congratulate him, but there's not enough cameras/column inches involved in that for his liking

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I think we can definitely rule this one out

Unless he's getting paid a wad of cash for appearances/seminars etc so pays his own travelling costs which would be tax deductible a business expense.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Unless he's getting paid a wad of cash for appearances/seminars etc so pays his own travelling costs which would be tax deductible a business expense.

Why the heck wouldn't UKIP pay for this? A few thousand for the opportunity to be the first politicians to meet with the next leader of the free world?! Massive kudos, well worth the money for the publicity for the party alone, never mind future influence! Surely any party would do the same if it suited them?! 

21 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Why the heck wouldn't UKIP pay for this? A few thousand for the opportunity to be the first politicians to meet with the next leader of the free world?! Massive kudos, well worth the money for the publicity for the party alone, never mind future influence! Surely any party would do the same if it suited them?! 

Exactly, even if Donald didn't fund it I'm pretty sure Nigel would himself.

Farage is going to be a very wealthy man shortly, he was being offered 4million for his memoirs after Brexit, god knows what that price has gone too now he's the first Foreign politician to have the ear of Trump.

22 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Who said they wouldn't ? 

22 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Sorry, I thought you were insinuating that something underhand was going on. My mistake.

Ah understand, I was just interested in who was benefiting from his travels and would pay for it.

I not as bothered as many about the huge some politicians and ex politicians get paid as long as those that are paying have no direct or indirect impact on me. For instance I wouldn't  want to give my custom to them in the same way I try to avoid companies that pay huge sums to celebrities to advertise their goods, good luck to them but it has a negative affect on me.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ah understand, I was just interested in who was benefiting from his travels and would pay for it.

I not as bothered as many about the huge some politicians and ex politicians get paid as long as those that are paying have no direct or indirect impact on me. For instance I wouldn't  want to give my custom to them in the same way I try to avoid companies that pay huge sums to celebrities to advertise their goods, good luck to them but it has a negative affect on me.

I hear you, but I don't think that's the case here.

I imagine that the sums paid for this would be considerably less than say an advert that they would stick on the TV around election time. And this would also have a far greater effect than that, of convincing a skeptical public that UKIP ought to be taken seriously. It's undoubtedly a massive coup for them, the sort that money can't buy.    

Marie LePen's party in france and UKIP borrowed form  a Russian  bank

neither could get significant election credit in the U.K. Or France 

its a sad day that Russia has to step in and make sure politics is equally funded for all 

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 09:54, GaelicFox said:

Marie LePen is pushing for Frexit !!! 

She is pro putin , and states clearly that historically Russia is friendly with most European countries And the US is creating a Cold War with them 

Her interview with that cock Andrew Marr is facinating ,the world is changing and changing fast ! 

His questions on destabilising efforts by Russia is exactly what a NeoCon media whore would ask ,,,, Andrew Marr is a cretin and marie LePen slashed him in that interview 

I hope the French, like ourselves, do pull out of Europe. Along with Holland. I understand that both countries are considering a Referendum on the issue. The last thing the world needs is a  "Federal Europe"

Early days, and I'm sure the negotiations won't get serious until after the German elections, but this doesn't sound promising: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37983948

"The government has no overall Brexit plan and a negotiating strategy may not be agreed by the cabinet for six months, a leaked memo has suggested. The memo - obtained by the Times and seen by the BBC - warns Whitehall is working on 500 Brexit-related projects and could need 30,000 extra staff. However, there is still no common exit strategy "because of divisions within the cabinet", the leaked document adds".

Archived