Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

I'll ask Just out of sheer boredom

Why?

They just seem suspicious. I don't know much about it but I don't see any viable reason why 9 million Brits need to post their votes. There was that vote in Austria recently which a far right party nearly won, lost as a result of postal votes. I'm sure there has been scandals in this country regarding them as well.

I've always thought that the media were under-estimating how well Leave would do in Labour-voting areas, particularly areas where a lot of people are struggling: e.g. Sunderland

Likewise, they may have over-estimated how well Leave would do in prosperous Tory seats in the SE.

I'd expect Leave to do well in less well-off seats in the South (Tory or Labour), but not necessarily in parts of the Home Counties where the Tories have loads of safe seats.

Massive variations by geographical area, socioeconomic standing - and age is my expectation. On that last point, the suggestion that the elderly have voted in much larger numbers than the young sounds like good news for Leave and bad news for Remain. Again, no surprise, though: 78% of those aged 65+ voted at the general election, but only 42% of under-25s.

I reckon we're somewhere between "too close to call" and a very narrow Leave win at the moment....  :(

#dividednation

Guest MattP

Fixed.

What does an Englishman have to do to be part of an independent Scotland?

Have a hell of a lot of money and be prepared to pay a hell of a lot of tax as they'll have a deficit of 10% of GDP at current budget forecasts.

Rumours North Warwickshire is 70% remain, we certainly have hope now, it might not be enough, but even if it is, the war certainly isn't over.

If was a Labour MP in a working class town now I'd be praying for leave, their job in 2020 could be relying on it.

They just seem suspicious. I don't know much about it but I don't see any viable reason why 9 million Brits need to post their votes. There was that vote in Austria recently which a far right party nearly won, lost as a result of postal votes. I'm sure there has been scandals in this country regarding them as well.

I postal voted because It's more convenient for me to do it that way, what I voted by post would not have changed had I been forced to go to a polling station

Guest MattP

Corbyn's decision to stay in the background looking smart though now, I bet he knew just how out of touch his MP's were with it's heartlands.

Kinell, we're going to win this.

If you do, you might find that you got more support from Labour voters than from Tories.... You'll have to convert, Webbo  :whistle:

Massive win for Remain in Foyle (Derry): Not a huge surprise as it's a big Catholic area of N. Ireland, always likely to be strongly pro-Remain.

However, I'm already expecting Scotland & N. Ireland to be strongly Remain - and England pro-Leave (DK re. Wales), so that could be interesting.

Throw in a big Remain vote in London, big Leave votes in parts of the North, Midlands, East & SW..... a very divided nation.

I postal voted because It's more convenient for me to do it that way, what I voted by post would not have changed had I been forced to go to a polling station

I understand that it is more convenient for many people but with recent controversies regarding them, it would be much more simple if everyone that physically could get to a polling station did so. 

Miliband as ever, totally detached from reality, refusing to accept the importance of the immigration his party's foisted on us as the reason for discontent but trying to blame the Tories in his lame attempt at a party political broadcast on behalf of his vote importing "wide open gates for Britain" party.   

Corbyn's decision to stay in the background looking smart though now, I bet he knew just how out of touch his MP's were with it's heartlands.

Maybe, maybe not. Massively cynical ploy if that explains his low profile (always a possibility).

A lot will depend on what stance UKIP adopts after the referendum in that case. Play their cards right and they could mop up Labour votes in England like the SNP did in Scotland....  :(

Archived