Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

79430 votes cast on the Isle of Wight (72.3% turnout).

Initial reports from the count indicate 2 votes to Leave for every Remain vote so about 52953 for Leave, 26477 to Remain.

Apparently, latest report is that Remain are predicting 3:1 in favour of leave on the island.

That equates to approx 59600 Leave, 19800 Remain

Remain now seems to have very few routes to victory.

- BBC Southampton correspondent saying Leave doing better than expected in South.

- Wales going Leave, albeit fairly narrowly

- Midlands probably divided between big metropolitan areas (Remain) & suburbs/rural/deindustralised towns (Leave)

- Inner London heavily Remain, but Outer London not so much, apparently

Scotland, N. Ireland, London & some big cities will have significant Remain majorities, but that doesn't look enough.....

Brexit it is, I reckon.  :(

Gonna be serious for a second here and say this is currently turning out as I expected; polls underestimating the nationalist leanings of modern Britain and a relatively safe looking lead for the leavers. Of course there are plenty of supposedly strong remain areas to go yet but the pattern so far seems to have confirmed my suspicions that the average bloke is mostly pro-Brexit and I will admit that from the people I've spoken to directly on the subject I believe that it's in no small part due to nonsensical reasoning like sticking it to Cameron or else a simple failure to grasp the actual effects of EU membership. Hopefully informed fters don't take that as a slight on their intellect but rather a brief summation of where I believe the swing lies.

Anywhere else where people are shit scared of immigrants is probably a bit pointless. That puts America right out.

Not somewhere in the EU then, seems a bit odd.

Cyprus is doable!

Gonna be serious for a second here and say this is currently turning out as I expected; polls underestimating the nationalist leanings of modern Britain and a relatively safe looking lead for the leavers. Of course there are plenty of supposedly strong remain areas to go yet but the pattern so far seems to have confirmed my suspicions that the average bloke is mostly pro-Brexit and I will admit that from the people I've spoken to directly on the subject I believe that it's in no small part due to nonsensical reasoning like sticking it to Cameron or else a simple failure to grasp the actual effects of EU membership. Hopefully informed fters don't take that as a slight on their intellect but rather a brief summation of where I believe the swing lies.

It's swings and roundabouts really I've seen people state they are voting remain because David Beckham is or because they don't like Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson

Archived