Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Guest MattP

Anywhere else where people are shit scared of immigrants is probably a bit pointless. That puts America right out.

Knowing your recent poltical luck you'll move to America and they'll elect Trump.

This is nowhere near over yet though, these big London votes are on the way soon where unlike the North East and Yorkshire they do everything Labour tells them, Lambeth was about 110,000-30,000 remain.

That City and Scotland could keep England and Wales in the EU against it's will. :ph34r:

Guest MattP

The splits here are so horrible here, I'm not sure what you do with either result.

The regional wars after this election are going to be terrible, London and Scotland are now the only hope of remaining.

Scotland and Northern Ireland killing it.

And not forgetting the inner cities .... which represent a great many relatively recent incomer votes.

Seems ironic that so many of the other areas have reacted to the systematic downgrading, neglect and marginalisation they've suffered for years, particularly by the Labour Party which traditionally have been expected to look out for them.

Sadly I still didn't get the impression that any of our leaders would actually change their thinking as a result. All they seemed to be doing was grumbling about the slant of the campaign.

As if different words and different references would have somehow wiped out the grievances.

To me that's the tragedy of it. Our politicians are so pathetic, so out of touch and so indifferent to really representing our nation as a whole. Indeed they seem contemptuous of public opinion at times - at least public opinion they don't want to hear.       

Guest MattP

Cameron and Corbyn may both be in the shit after this, even if Remain somehow squeak it.

Cameron is in big trouble whatever, the list of threats he produced simply had to give him a big win, him and Osbourne are goners with a tight one.

I bet a lot of Labour MP's are secretly hoping for leave, they are absolutely finished everywhere except the hardcore areas if this is a tight remain vote, not to mention the attitude the rest of the country will have to the London centric Corbynistas who have kept them in this.

UK law is completely wrapped up in EU law. We will have years and years of people working to unwrap it sadly.

Not sure i want it unwrapped. I like the things EU employment legislation stands for

Archived