Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Gonna be hilarious in a couple of years when things are still shit and brexiters realise it's because we're shit not because of Johnny Foreigner coming here and the fact a few people in Brussels decided something about pillowcases. When you wages still don't go up because your boss is a tight arse, not because a few poles do the same job. When your kids can't get a school place or their class room is too full, or you can't get a Drs appointment, because your local government couldn't organise a piss up in brewery and thought they could build a 1000 home estate without providing services. When you realise that to trade with the eu (probably with a much worse deal) we'll still have to abide by many of their rules despite now having no say whatsoever regarding them. When you realise the EU was the least of your worries because you country has and will be for years run by a bunch of self serving *****.

Don't come crying to us when your utopia doesn't materialise. Don't say we didn't warn you.

So what you are saying is it will be exactly the same pretty much then.

Guest MattP

Yeah, but this time the government will be held responsible.

Sounds quite good actually, accountability from the people we elect and pay so well to provide the services mentioned.

Those with cars - go and fill up with petrol ASAP.

Falling £ will cause a price increase at least in the short term - and I'm sure there will people that will cotton on to the need to 'stock up' on items, causing further pressure on the price as supply outstrips demand and a hard circle.

It might be worth stocking up on food too!

Finally - if you were due to retire soon, check what basis your pension pot is in. It should be largely weighted in a 'cash fund' but that might not be as safe as it sounds.

I'm saying we'll still have problems, the country will be worse off and more isolated and people will soon realise all that's wrong with the U.K. isn't because we were in the EU.

Gonna be hilarious in a couple of years when things are still shit and brexiters realise it's because we're shit not because of Johnny Foreigner coming here and the fact a few people in Brussels decided something about pillowcases. When you wages still don't go up because your boss is a tight arse, not because a few poles do the same job. When your kids can't get a school place or their class room is too full, or you can't get a Drs appointment, because your local government couldn't organise a piss up in brewery and thought they could build a 1000 home estate without providing services. When you realise that to trade with the eu (probably with a much worse deal) we'll still have to abide by many of their rules despite now having no say whatsoever regarding them. When you realise the EU was the least of your worries because you country has and will be for years run by a bunch of self serving *****.

Don't come crying to us when your utopia doesn't materialise. Don't say we didn't warn you.

So nothing will change but we'll be independent?

I'll take that

Yeah, but this time the government will be held responsible.

Sounds quite good actually, accountability from the people we elect and pay so well to provide the services mentioned.

Only because people had somehow got it in their heads that the government wasn't accountable. They always were, people just got caught up in a hyperbole that Brussels was ruling every last thing we did, when it simply wasn't true.

You'd think people had just voted to kill the first born son of everyone in the UK the way some people are going on.

Remember the Armageddon of the crash in 2008, where the world was going to end, millions destitute... When in reality for the vast majority the price of bread and milk went up for a bit.

It's not going to be the utopia OUTS think it will be, and it won't be a complete meltdown like the INS think it will be.

They'll be a bit of shit, but most of us will just continue to trundle on with our lives and the impact will probably barely register for the majority of it.

So nothing will change but we'll be independent?

I'll take that

Really, I thought you all wanted to make Britain great again? Instead you're just happy with isolating us, and closing ourselves off.

My wages arent going to go up. It has nothng to do with who does the job. It has everything to do with bosses being capitalists, who want to pay as little as possible to anyone.

When ive used the NHS, the immigration has kept it running. Are we going to train loads of doctors now? I think not. And were not going to build loads of hospitals either.

Employment laws have gone. My 28 day annual leave with pay, my sick pay, my limited working week has gone. Briliant.

We could just build more houses.

Probably loads of tarrifs on trade now.

Energy prices probably going up.

Awful.

You'd think people had just voted to kill the first born son of everyone in the UK the way some people are going on.

Remember the Armageddon of the crash in 2008, where the world was going to end, millions destitute... When in reality for the vast majority the price of bread and milk went up for a bit.

It's not going to be the utopia OUTS think it will be, and it won't be a complete meltdown like the INS think it will be.

They'll be a bit of shit, but most of us will just continue to trundle on with our lives and the impact will probably barely register for the majority of it.

People are still suffering from that - which may point to a reason why economic threats didn't work, because if you feel you have nothing to lose, it's hardly a threat.

This will be very ugly even if it is short term - because this will have implications inside the EU and we get backdraft from that regardless.

My wages arent going to go up. It has nothng to do with who does the job. It has everything to do with bosses being capitalists, who want to pay as little as possible to anyone.

When ive used the NHS, the immigration has kept it running. Are we going to train loads of doctors now? I think not. And were not going to build loads of hospitals either.

Employment laws have gone. My 28 day annual leave with pay, my sick pay, my limited working week has gone. Briliant.

Awful.

You do realise we can still let doctors and nurses in don't you?

Only because people had somehow got it in their heads that the government wasn't accountable. They always were, people just got caught up in a hyperbole that Brussels was ruling every last thing we did, when it simply wasn't true.

The EU's influence on our modus operandi is massive and it's expansive ambition remorseless in moving towards federalisation. It's shown no willingness to listen or to change and our influence within its corridors seems to have largely negated by its own structure.

Guest MattP

Awful.

What a load of absolute nonsense, for a start off UK law has even more rights than the EU, we guarantee more holiday and maternity pay than the EU do, we also have a minimum wage. You really think any government that wants to be elected is going to take away people's holiday pay, rights, doctors and force them up chimneys for 80 hours a week?

This is getting a little bit ridiculous now, get a grip of yourself.

People have started saying it in this thread

All they wanted was to stop immigration.

"Tek ar cuntry back"

Its at the expense of absolutely everything

This is such an awful outcome

Says it all when that's the only thing you pull out that post and decided to counter. Because he's not wrong on the others and and you have no answer to him.

Guest MattP

Just to cheer up a few of you on the left, at least this is now the last you'll hear of UKIP and Farage, they are now an irrelevance, a pointless political party.

And now if Corbyn does win an election, he can do whatever he wants, he can nationalise the railways, fund state projects and have nobody telling him he can't.

Says it all when that's the only thing you pull out that post and decided to counter. Because he's not wrong on the others and and you have no answer to him.

No because I'm sat in bed on my ****ing phone that's why.

And yes, he's very wrong on most of it.

Archived