Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Guest MattP

Says it all when that's the only thing you pull out that post and decided to counter. Because he's not wrong on the others and and you have no answer to him.

You really think they are going to do all that? For christs sake.

You do realise the Tories are in the business of winning elections?

im nervous about life in Britain

I voted remain because I thought it was the 'safer option'. But I just woke up to see the result and found myself grinning. Part of me feels proud that people have had the balls to fight for this and I'm intrigued to see what happens next. I'm really surprised but also keen to see how we react now.

Shit just hit the fan! Going to be a tough couple of years, but things will return back to the highs of yesterday again soon!

Going to be interesting to see the City of London struggle as the world bank's move away.

PS. If you have got some cash get ready to plough it in when the market hits rock bottom. Although might want to avoid banks.

People have started saying it in this thread

All they wanted was to stop immigration.

"Tek ar cuntry back"

Its at the expense of absolutely everything

This is such an awful outcome

You're going ridiculously over the top, people want to control who comes in. Skilled professionals have and always will be able to come in... 50,000 car washers... Probably won't get a visa.

Just to cheer up a few of you on the left, at least this is now the last you'll hear of UKIP and Farage, they are now an irrelevance, a pointless political party.

And now if Corbyn does win an election, he can do whatever he wants, he can nationalise the railways, fund state projects and have nobody telling him he can't.

No chance - he'll be as smug as ever and I expect... A Lord of something

Just to cheer up a few of you on the left, at least this is now the last you'll hear of UKIP and Farage, they are now an irrelevance, a pointless political party.

And now if Corbyn does win an election, he can do whatever he wants, he can nationalise the railways, fund state projects and have nobody telling him he can't.

No chance - he'll be as smug as ever and I expect... A Lord of something

Shit just hit the fan! Going to be a tough couple of years, but things will return back to the highs of yesterday again soon!

Going to be interesting to see the City of London struggle as the world bank's move away.

PS. If you have got some cash get ready to plough it in when the market hits rock bottom. Although might want to avoid banks.

Well if you could tell us all when that rock bottom is, that would be helpful

People have started saying it in this thread

All they wanted was to stop immigration.

"Tek ar cuntry back"

Its at the expense of absolutely everything

This is such an awful outcome

Immigration was important - with longstanding concerns being totally and continually ignored by the EU - but there were lots of reasons people decided enough was enough.

The EU had years of opportunity to adjust its philosophies but chose not to. Juncker's bullying threats only emphasised EU intransigence and contempt for anyone rocking the boat, whether for damned good reasons or not. 

I think the people that are shocked or enraged by the results - the pro-EU fraction - would be best off by accepting a democratic vote (if the result stays the same at the end of the day), take a step back, breathe, then come back.

All this talk about "the End of the World" is both silly and uncalled for, as it is as populist as voices from the other side of the political spectrum.

This is a decision by the people, you can debate whether it is for them or not.

Still, you'll always get a period where the same laws still apply before the new (old) ones come into play. And it's not like a Brexit is the end of it all. Government can adapt, people can adapt, businesses can adapt, the market always adapts - and who knows? - maybe at one point everyone is better off or will be looking back at this vote and come to the conclusion it was actually a good call.

I didn't vote leave nor did I expect leave to win but I feel this will massively send the to rise into discourse and I hate the tories so it could be a good thing. Very shocked though, I thought it'd be 70/30 remain!

Guest Mee-9

I must be the only excited one.

This is the dawning of a new era, yeah you can look back and see it as a bad decision as 48% will, but the majority spoke.

Shocked by the outcome, in a good way.

Guest Mee-9

England will probably go on and win the Euro's now and really take the piss lol

Enter the Euromillions tonight.

One of us could scoop 20+ million and it'd be ****ing great.

Guest Mee-9

How the hell can you call 52% of the population thick?!

Some people need to learn to lose fairly. We're Leicester fans at a primitive level, we've been used to loss in the past.

How the hell can you call 52% of the population thick?!

Some people need to learn to lose fairly. We're Leicester fans at a primitive level, we've been used to loss in the past.

I didnt call anyone thick?

Guest MattP

Stuart Rose, of the REMAIN campaign even said wages would rise for the lowest paid in the case of Brexit.

A lot of you guys should be venting anger at Merkel as well, had she not be so stubborn and allow Cameron to walk away with a joke of a deal you might have got a remain vote, don't let her off scot free.

IMO the market is just reacting due to speculators, people who bet for/against Brexit. This is how they make money these days.

They are not trading based on the true value of the economy. That's a long term proposition, instead they trade based on events and set triggers to buy/sell based on those. Therefore, this is just a blip, that is making some people billions, and we'll get back to closer to true values in the next few weeks.

Archived