Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

People have started saying it in this thread

All they wanted was to stop immigration.

"Tek ar cuntry back"

Its at the expense of absolutely everything

This is such an awful outcome

Are you on hippy crack? Immigration is still going to happen but it will be controlled.

Edit - victory for the UK!! Very happy.

People getting excited about the pound hitting it's lowest value since 1985. Couldn't ****ing write this shit lol.

After all the hardships over the last 5/10 years to raise the worth of the pound and it's been completely dashed overnight. Hoorah! Time to celebrate.

Guest Mee-9

I didnt call anyone thick?

I wasn't aiming it at you, you Donut.

I check facebook and it's crazy. The lack of respect for peoples opinions in this Referendum has been shocking. People are entitled to opinions, and allowed to vote.

How the hell can you call 52% of the population thick?!

Some people need to learn to lose fairly. We're Leicester fans at a primitive level, we've been used to loss in the past.

Voting to end the United Kingdom (Scots will be off, Sinn Fein are going to be pushing for reunification and will probably get it to preserve the border crossing there) and put us into recession is remarkably stupid tbf.

Stuart Rose, of the REMAIN campaign even said wages would rise for the lowest paid in the case of Brexit.

A lot of you guys should be venting anger at Merkel as well, had she not be so stubborn and allow Cameron to walk away with a joke of a deal you might have got a remain vote, don't let her off scot free.

No, I think Cameron & Osborne built a position they couldn't possibly win from.

Mean the tax credits debarcle, austerity, frigging about with the NHS, making a stupid promise about immigration. Even the Scottish referendum built nationalism, not just up there but in England too.

But, they won't be in charge going forward so we shall see what whoever else comes up with. It looks like they will have some almighty challenges ahead.

Xenophobic nationalism

That's what caused this !

the daily mail and a man called Nigel

How will the NHS cope when millions of leathery brown Brits in Spain need to come back because thier pensions have collapsed

There will be a lot of cheap properly in the Costas this winter !

Stuart Rose, of the REMAIN campaign even said wages would rise for the lowest paid in the case of Brexit.

A lot of you guys should be venting anger at Merkel as well, had she not be so stubborn and allow Cameron to walk away with a joke of a deal you might have got a remain vote, don't let her off scot free.

We will see

Xenophobic nationalism

That's what caused this !

the daily mail and a man called Nigel

How will the NHS cope when millions of leathery brown Brits in Spain need to come back because thier pensions have collapsed

There will be a lot of cheap properly in the Costas this winter !

We could make a start by send all the Irish back to clog up there own health system ?

I have no issue with the EU referendum result. Direct democracy and all that

However, given the nature of the campaigns and the division along demographic lines in the poll results...I fear that the depth of the divisions and feelings mean the UK is or soon will be at war with itself. This referendum has highlighted the "us vs them" thing for all to see.

Not the people roaming the streets killing each other kind (unless it gets really bad) but pretty horribly divisive nonetheless.

I have no issue with the EU referendum result. Direct democracy and all that

However, given the nature of the campaigns and the division along demographic lines in the poll results...I fear that the depth of the divisions and feelings mean the UK is or soon will be at war with itself. This referendum has highlighted the "us vs them" thing for all to see.

Not the people roaming the streets killing each other kind (unless it gets really bad) but pretty horribly divisive nonetheless.

It is our version of the French Revolution - maybe not quite as bloody, but a similar type of stand. Of course, those who know of the revolution, the nation suffered for a long, long time in its aftermath.

It'd be very difficult to argue against independence positions.

I voted No last time. Same with most of my friends up here. Most of us were firm "No" voters.

Not sure how I, or they, would vote next time, if there was the prospect of an Independent Scotland within the EU.

Hence the Nationalists being cock a hoop.

I see people talk about the fear of a United Ireland or a Scottish Independence - but who says that scenario was likely even in the case the UK had decided to remain a part of the EU?

Lots of overreactions on here today (which are understandable), but let's wait and see what the parliament and Brussels do in the next few months and years.

I see people talk about the fear of a United Ireland or a Scottis Independence - but who says that scenario was likely even in the case the UK had decided to remain a part of the EU?

Lots of overreactions on here today (which are understandable), but let's wait and see what the parliament and Brussels do in the next few months and years.

we're leaving the eu lol

Guest MattP

It isn't as easy for Sturgeon as people think.

She's now got to convince the population the Euro is a good option, at the same her last financial plan is shown to have been a potential disaster, she's also got huge problems with oil price.

Farron going mental at Corbyn on the BBC, blaming him for the loss. Bit strange.

It isn't as easy for Sturgeon as people think.

But it really is.

They only voted narrowly for the UK (a 2% swing the other way would have changed it).

I think a subsequent Tory victory at Westminster and last nights victory for "little England" will easily swing it for Indy.

And as for economic arguments, if last night taught us anything, it's that it is entirely possible for people to happily boot their own economy in the balls if they are wrapped in a flag and crying out to "take our country back."

It's an open goal for the Scottish Nationalists.

Archived