Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Little minded Britain wins. Scotland will leave the UK and England will become a backwater northern european island. I'm sad but we have to live with that.

Sorry for our kids.

If that happens, which it won't, I will take you and your family to the Punjab with me!!

This is what people are convieneantly bypassing if Scotland are to gain independence or Northern Ireland to form a united Ireland. The Euro is not exactly a tantalising prospect for many, Netherlands will be the next to have a referendum now. I fancy they would vote for a leave too and then it will all unravel.

The reaction of many is what is disappointing to me. It's clear they had not even considered defeat and now are acting like children throwing their toys out of the pram with doom and gloom instead of seeing this as an opportunity and a chance for this country to get better.

The euro is essentially irrelevant - the scots are europhiles, they see themselves as better in Europe. The risk of not being let back in to the EU helped keep them. That's gone, and realistically so is Scotland. Similarly Ireland are, rightly, most concerned with retaining the peace the border crossing gives.

Eh, when we're going into recession the doom and gloom is understandable

Jesus christ man. Take your blinkers off.

You'll see. The pound has crashed and the country will move backwards. It's a shame you're so worried about other human beings - those foreigners.

Well I expected it to be close and I expected it to go the other way.

Lots of people talking about the value of the pound and how we have ****ed ourselves.

All we have done is remove the 1st card from the house. The EU is likely to now fall holland and France will be out next and I guess Greece will now try to get the **** out without having to pay back the loans they have taken. Spain and Italy could follow suit.

Crashing pound will make getting foreign footballers into the league more difficult.

Mendy suddenly earning a lot less money. Mahrez and Kanté could earn a lot more abroad now.

You'll see. The pound has crashed and the country will move backwards. It's a shame you're so worried about other human beings - those foreigners.

lol Oh come on FIF, I didn't vote out because I was worried about foreigners, I voted out because I worried about my kids!!!!!  These short term economical effects will be long forgotten when were a strong mighty Britain, against a EU, that is falling into bits!!

lol Oh come on FIF, I didn't vote out because I was worried about foreigners, I voted out because I worried about my kids!!!!!  These short term economical effects will be long forgotten when were a strong mighty Britain, against a EU, that is falling into bits!!

Britain hasn't been mighty for a long time and will only return to the world mean on this route. You've condemned your kids to a life in a backwater.

Can't wait for a brand new hospital every week......

Have they put the first one up yet?

Farage was just on tv saying how the figures for the NHS weren't true, which isn't a surprise is it. Still, well done to vote leave for saving our National Health!

Can't wait for a brand new hospital every week......

lol

The fall in the pound and increased costs of servicing foreign debt has already wiped out that membership fee and we haven't even started the day yet lol

They know not what they do, they know not what they do

Britain hasn't been mighty for a long time and will only return to the world mean on this route. You've condemned your kids to a life in a backwater.

lol You make me laugh FIF, you know thats not a fact, nobody does!!!  

People moaning about low wages.

WHY are your wages going to go up.

WHY?

Everyone's wages aren't going to suddenly shoot up, but I'm telling you without question there are a huge number of peoples wages that fell BECAUSE of the mass immigration. Those people have voted on that basis, on the hope that it might get back to what it was 10 years ago. I'm not one of them, but I can understand their position. 

I can give plenty of examples of people I know who lost jobs or had to suffer pay cuts because of the influx of cheap labour. Jobs they were getting a decent wage for, could suddenly be done by someone else for a lot less. There's good reasons people like CAT in Leicestershire were offering voluntary redundancies to their long time workers, then replacing those people with temp workers from other countries on low wages.

The theory goes, stop the influx of cheap labour and things might return to what they were for them. Whether that happens remains to be seen, on the flip side it then makes it harder for those companies to compete with others who manufacture in countries with low wages. So nothing might improve.

Everyone's wages aren't going to suddenly shoot up, but I'm telling you without question there are a huge number of peoples wages that fell BECAUSE of the mass immigration. Those people have voted on that basis, on the hope that it might get back to what it was 10 years ago. I'm not one of them, but I can understand their position. 

I can give plenty of examples of people I know who lost jobs or had to suffer pay cuts because of the influx of cheap labour. Jobs they were getting a decent wage for, could suddenly be done by someone else for a lot less. There's good reasons people like CAT in Leicestershire were offering voluntary redundancies to their long time workers, then replacing those people with temp workers from other countries on low wages.

The theory goes, stop the influx of cheap labour and things might return to what they were for them. Whether that happens remains to be seen, on the flip side it then makes it harder for those companies to compete with others who manufacture in countries with low wages. So nothing might improve.

Businesses aint charities are they.

Theyre going to pay you as little as possible to give as big a return to their shareholders as possible.

And if they cant compete with other countries, theyll do one.

Youre replacing one race to the bottom with another. There will be English people desperate to work for a pittance too and keep wages low for everyone.

Archived