Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

One good fall out from independence from Europe is Nigel Farage and his disgusting racist politics are now redundant

Rest in Peace UKIP !

Britain First and the EDL

You bunch of racist cvnts :@

Farage will be back. There will be more divisions in society now than ever and his modus operandi is to take a side and fuel the fire. I'd expect his party to get even more aggressively racist because that's the only direction they've really got to go.

Well I expected it to be close and I expected it to go the other way.

Lots of people talking about the value of the pound and how we have ****ed ourselves.

All we have done is remove the 1st card from the house. The EU is likely to now fall holland and France will be out next and I guess Greece will now try to get the **** out without having to pay back the loans they have taken. Spain and Italy could follow suit.

It will either meet the issues head on and try to solve the problems (potentially leaving us with a route back in), or they will put their head in the sand and think everything is fine... if they do that, then yes it's a matter of time. The right is on the rise across the region, if it's not taken seriously it will crumble as we knew it.

A few European holidays being cancelled as we speak I'm sure with the pound in absolute nose dive lol

Can't wait for the ftse today. I imagine a number of retirements will be put back today as well. Bloodbath.

You'll see. The pound has crashed and the country will move backwards. It's a shame you're so worried about other human beings - those foreigners.

A market crash was inevitable, it's the consequence of speculations. The economy and the market usually recover in due time. Wouldn't read too much into the initial reaction right now.

The people have spoken those of you who weren't expecting this don't live in the real world. The system was broken its time for change.

We live in a democratic society and some people have said "I didn't vote but I wasn't expecting that"....that makes me laugh.

Yes there maybe short term problems but lets look forward to a better future.

Just got a text from a colleague, "9am meeting, due to unforeseen economic circumstances, we regret to inform you..." lol

I think/hope he's joking where we are concerned for now at least, but I'm sure that scenario is going to be playing out a fair bit over the next couple of weeks across the country.

I can accept the result in the name of democracy but I want to hit people who want this day to be declared independence day.

If its declared a bank holiday and it gets me a day off work, they can call it what they want for all I care.

Businesses aint charities are they.

Theyre going to pay you as little as possible to give as big a return to their shareholders as possible.

And there is the issue, the mass immigration gave them a way of doing so as the expense of the people already employed. 

And if they cant compete with other countries, theyll do one.

Youre replacing one race to the bottom with another. There will be English people desperate to work for a pittance too and keep wages low for everyone.

We were surviving before the immigration influx and it's possible to do so again, I'm not sat here with a politics and economics degree, so I'm not saying one is better than the other. But that's the reason this vote happened, people in this country have been shat on at the expense of the freedom of movement.

I'm in a fairly professional job, so the impact hasn't really touched me. But I've seen enough clients and friends feel the impact to know it was real.

Businesses aint charities are they.

Theyre going to pay you as little as possible to give as big a return to their shareholders as possible.

And if they cant compete with other countries, theyll do one.

Youre replacing one race to the bottom with another. There will be English people desperate to work for a pittance too and keep wages low for everyone.

And you think the system as it is right now would be any different or any better? Look at the average wage/median wage or the unemployment rates across most EU countries - it's a shambles!

And there is the issue, the mass immigration gave them a way of doing so as the expense of the people already employed. 

We were surviving before the immigration influx and it's possible to do so again, I'm not sat here with a politics and economics degree, so I'm not saying one is better than the other. But that's the reason this vote happened, people in this country have been shat on at the expense of the freedom of movement.

I'm in a fairly professional job, so the impact hasn't really touched me. But I've seen enough clients and friends feel the impact to know it was real.

The issue is greedy big business paying a pittance to everyone, not Wojiech the Pole who comes over here and accepts the low pay.

Theres people working in service jobs working full time and cant make ends meet on 40 hours a week. Thats business' fault, not the fault of immigrants. They could EASILY pay everyone more regardless of who they are.

Do you think all the unemployed people here are all going to get jobs now? Its ATTITUDE that stops them.

Theyre going to be forced to take minimum wage, which they could get anyway NOW if they could be arsed.

So the debate has rattled on here for weeks and will probably for a few more, some interesting point's from both sides but the most unlikely outcome according to the polls and bookmakers has happened and  as a leave voter am pretty happy and excited about the future. 

The issue is greedy big business paying a pittance to everyone, not Wojiech the Pole who comes over here and accepts the low pay.

Theres people working in service jobs working full time and cant make ends meet on 40 hours a week. Thats business' fault, not the fault of immigrants. They could EASILY pay everyone more regardless of who they are.

Do you think all the unemployed people here are all going to get jobs now? Its ATTITUDE that stops them.

Theyre going to be forced to take minimum wage, which they could get anyway NOW if they could be arsed.

You're contradicting yourself there a bit - as you mention, businesses in the free market are all about maximizing profits and keeping costs down.

Why do you think we have unemployment? Because of "attitude issues"? Have a word with yourself, that's neo-liberal bullsh*t. You're regurgitating what companies and stakeholders want you to believe is their truth.

Unemployment exists because companies don't want to hire (in excess) - even though the money's there!

Plus, there will always be unemployment due to fluctuation or because some people will never find a job due to qualifications or age (or based on other factors). It's called systemic unemployment.

You're contradicting yourself there a bit - as you mention, businesses in the free market are all about maximizing profits and keeping costs down.

Why do you think we have unemployment? Because of "attitude issues"? Have a word with yourself, that's neo-liberal bullsh*t. You're regurgitating what companies and stakeholders want you to believe is their truth.

Unemployment exists because companies don't want to hire (in excess) - even though the money's there!

Plus, there will always be unemployment due to fluctuation or because some people will never find a job due to qualifications or age (or based on other factors). It's called systemic unemployment.

I accept there is systemic unemployment.

Businesses will try and maximise their profits.

So they pay as little as possible.

What was stopping someone taking Wojeich's job before he came here? Nothing. It could have gone to an English person if he wanted it. So it is at least in part an attitude issue.

I see Poles, Albanian's come here, theyre so proactive they CREATE their own jobs when they come here!

I suppose people could always gain more skills through all the new schools were not going to build, with all the teachers we arent going to train.

Sorry but you're being delusional if you don't think immigration played its part. It gave the "geedy big business" an option of cheap labour and an easy way of reducing costs, at the expense of those already employed.

No I don't, and that's exactly the reason I've said no such thing. Yes attitude is a problem, there are more issues at play in this country that just immigration. The breeding of an entire generation who feel they don't need to work because their benefits pay them more for one.

As did my neck of the woods down here.

This is what happens when you allow uneducated northerners the vote...

Most of whom would never have met a migrant yet seem to hate them.

Not sure whats going on thesedays.

Archived