Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Sorry but you're being delusional if you don't think immigration played its part. It gave the "geedy big business" an option of cheap labour and an easy way of reducing costs, at the expense of those already employed.

No I don't, and that's exactly the reason I've said no such thing. Yes attitude is a problem, there are more issues at play in this country that just immigration. The breeding of an entire generation who feel they don't need to work because their benefits pay them more for one.

Does that not prove a point about business? that someone can be better off if they dont bother having a job? We accept this shit from massive companies. Fight them

And if wage costs rise, and therefore costs of production rise, are you happy paying more for your goods?

Just got a text from a colleague, "9am meeting, due to unforeseen economic circumstances, we regret to inform you..."

Similar for me although we're waiting until 9.30! May be some MPC activity for the 1st time for 7 years pretty quickly I'd imagine

I think/hope he's joking where we are concerned for now at least, but I'm sure that scenario is going to be playing out a fair bit over the next couple of weeks across the country.

What was stopping someone taking Wojeich's job before he came here? Nothing. It could have gone to an English person if he wanted it. So it is at least in part an attitude issue.

Do you think all these jobs were just sat there empty? If there were that many jobs out there unfilled many businesses wouldn't have functioned. In many cases they have replaced UK workers. As I've already said, CAT offered redundancy to many of their UK work force and replaced them with temps on low pay from other countries, and that's just one example.

Do you think all these jobs were just sat there empty? If there were that many jobs out there unfilled many businesses wouldn't have functioned. In many cases they have replaced UK workers. As I've already said, CAT offered redundancy to many of their UK work force and replaced them with temps on low pay from other countries, and that's just one example.

So why arent you slating, boycotting, spitting venom at CAT?

Youre diverting your blame onto the symptoms and not the cause

Do people think Boris would actually get in? The media seem to think a vote out was a vote for him, but I've not met many people saying that at all.

I hope not, my vote certainly wasn't affected by him. It was a simple matter of in or out.

Can you imagine a world with Boris and Trump in charge, oh shit that could actually happen!!!

Do people think Boris would actually get in? The media seem to think a vote out was a vote for him, but I've not met many people saying that at all.

Are you happy to pay more for your goods if they are manufactured here? If costs of production go up

You can already sense today is going to be a busy day for bankers and investment bankers in Zürich... Everyone just out to maximize their own profits with the Brexit.

Any jobs going? :unsure:

Are you happy to pay more for your goods if they are manufactured here? If costs of production go up

Personally I'm not really arsed, no mortgage, cars paid for, money in the bank, ok job. I wouldn't feel a huge impact.

Just to be clear, I wasn't really bothered if we were IN or OUT because of the above, but I voted IN.

I'm just sick of hearing people who voted out called racist or thick etc, my points have been that many have had genuine reasons to be have voted out on the immigration issue. It's possible to be pissed at big business shafting you and the immigration issue that gave them the means to do so.

Do you think lots of new hospitals are going to spring up everywhere?

No, have I said they would?

Am I right in assuming most goods in the UK are already imports and thus wouldn't be impacted (at all)?

This would render your point pretty much void.

Personally I'm not really arsed, no mortgage, cars paid for, money in the bank, ok job. I wouldn't feel a huge impact.

Just to be clear, I wasn't really bothered if we were IN or OUT because of the above, but I voted IN.

I'm just sick of hearing people who voted out called racist or thick etc, my points have been that many have had genuine reasons to be have voted out on the immigration issue. It's possible to be pissed at big business shafting you and the immigration issue that gave them the means to do so.

No, have I said they would?

Thought that was the whole plus point, putting loads of money into improving the NHS, services, education etc, taking away immigrants places in those situations so British people can have them?

Its gonna impact on everyones life if not yours

Am I right in assuming most goods in the UK are already imports and thus wouldn't be impacted (at all)?

If the pound goes down imports become dearer.

One, i wasnt asking you.

Two, the pound is a lot weaker so it buys less imports

Three, theres probably going to be tariffs on the imports now

Thought that was the whole plus point, putting loads of money into improving the NHS, services, education etc

Well It might have been one of their bullshit claims, but then there were bullshit claims on both sides.

Taking away immigrants places in those situations so British people can have them?

There will still be plenty of skilled immigration, and if there is a jobs shortfall in time at the lower end... then you can still allow unskilled immigration. We've not put a sign up saying "nobody is allowed in", more of a "we'll decide if you can come in".  It at least gives you the opportunity to take a look and see what's needed, rather than a wave you can't control.

Its gonna impact on everyones life if not yours

I'm sure it will, but I don't remember life being too bad 10/15 years ago?

If the pound goes down imports become dearer.

That is, if the pound remains this low over a prolonged period of time and other currencies don't take a hit themselves.

"If the pound remains low, imports could potentially become dearer" more like it.

One, i wasnt asking you.

Two, the pound is a lot weaker so it buys less imports

Three, theres probably going to be tariffs on the imports now

One, no need to be so touchy.

Two, see above.

Three, your assumption.

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. Can't say I think the UK leaving was a wise move and myself almost literally being a product of the EU it does sadden me. I sincerely hope the leave voters had good reasons, but I somehow doubt it. Farage once more trying to pin immigration on the EU during yesterday suggests to me there's been a plenty of misinformation during the Brexit campaign.

Archived