Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

I guess the £ going down is one way to reverse the trade deficit.

UK house building stocks have taken a kicking!

Meant to sell my shares yesterday just in case but got stuck in a meeting!! Taken a bit of a kicking but still 97p up for the year so it's ok. lol

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. Can't say I think the UK leaving was a wise move and myself almost literally being a product of the EU it does sadden me. I sincerely hope the leave voters had good reasons, but I somehow doubt it. Farage once more trying to pin immigration on the EU during yesterday suggests to me there's been a plenty of misinformation during the Brexit campaign.

This has been the end result of a Tory party looking to pit people against each other. They set this sentiment in motion, so they shouldn't be suprised at a bite back (especially when twinned with austerity).

Well I'm sad about Cameron but it was inevitable. I think he's been a good PM.

Six years of pain for the poorest, a war on doctors and teachers, a self inflicted recession and the inevitable end of a union that's stood for 300+ years is his legacy. He's got to go down as the worst PM we've ever had.

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. Can't say I think the UK leaving was a wise move and myself almost literally being a product of the EU it does sadden me. I sincerely hope the leave voters had good reasons, but I somehow doubt it. Farage once more trying to pin immigration on the EU during yesterday suggests to me there's been a plenty of misinformation during the Brexit campaign.

This is a typical response from a remainer and how can you possibly make such a sweeping statement, everyone who voted leave would have had a reason, just because it may not be aligned with yours does not in anyway devalue it and that is how a democratic society works.

It is notable that European stocks are getting as much if not more of a kicking right now.

Look at it this way, if we were just a shit heap of an island with no chance on it's own... would the worlds markets be in meltdown over it?

Six years of pain for the poorest, a war on doctors and teachers, a self inflicted recession and the inevitable end of a union that's stood for 300+ years is his legacy. He's got to go down as the worst PM we've ever had.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Look at it this way, if we were just a shit heap of an island with no chance on it's own... would the worlds markets be in meltdown over it?

But this island has based itself on being a connecting point for those outside of Europe to get into it. We've also then moved to become more dependent on bringing stuff in that we want to buy, rather than making stuff ourselves.

In my mind, the structure of our economy at the moment is all wrong for an exit, we do services at the moment, but they're not the easiest things to export. Had we a strong export position, or public finances were strong so that government could invest in moving that way, leaving could have had my vote.

I can only hope that this is the equivalent of Leicester going down to League One. Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to start moving up. But Christ, that is by no means guaranteed. League One can be difficult to get out of and we are condemned to hitting the bottom. Hard.

I can only hope that this is the equivalent of Leicester going down to League One. Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to start moving up. But Christ, that is by no means guaranteed. League One can be difficult to get out of and we are condemned to hitting the bottom. Hard.

Pompy? Oxford?

But this island has based itself on being a connecting point for those outside of Europe to get into it. We've also then moved to become more dependent on bringing stuff in that we want to buy, rather than making stuff ourselves.

In my mind, the structure of our economy at the moment is all wrong for an exit, we do services at the moment, but they're not the easiest things to export. Had we a strong export position, or public finances were strong so that government could invest in moving that way, leaving could have had my vote.

Plenty of ways around it all if the shit really hits the fan, you just do a Denmark. In my mind, the EU will need to reform in the next 5/10 years as it's only going one way, you can see this with our vote and the rise in the right movements in other countries, if they do nothing they will win power and call a vote on leaving. I can see the EU being a very different beast in 10 years time.

The people have spoken those of you who weren't expecting this don't live in the real world. The system was broken its time for change.

We live in a democratic society and some people have said "I didn't vote but I wasn't expecting that"....that makes me laugh.

Yes there maybe short term problems but lets look forward to a better future.

The unknowing led the little minded Englanders. 

"Democracy" proves again that it's system isn't very good.

The country feels split, confused and uncertain this morning. I'm seeing life long friends seriously falling out with each other on Facebook right now. How bizzare. I'm sure the UK will eventually come out the other end stronger, but I'm not feeling the love right now...

The general feeling is; that Europe is a great place, however the faceless EU politicians make too many important decisions for us which end up as, illogical decisions. Decisions which come with add ons, which are illogical, to both the Leave and Remain voters.

If the EU was the common market which is what we entered, I don't believe we would be voting to leave the EU.

The UK's feeling, are very similar to other peoples around Europe, very dissatisfied with the attitude and culture within the EU parliament. They seem to be indignant in their approach, totally unchallengeable by the general public. It is not acceptable, and I am surprised that anyone could be happy to be governed that way.

The unknowing led the little minded Englanders. 

"Democracy" proves again that it's system isn't very good.

Utter nonsense, do you have an opinion, rather than just being disparaging of others?

Make an intelligent point, rather than just saying rude remarks, as you look the one who is ignorant.

The country feels split, confused and uncertain this morning. I'm seeing life long friends seriously falling out with each other on Facebook right now. How bizzare. I'm sure the UK will eventually come out the other end stronger, but I'm not feeling the love right now...

If the country's split today, then it was split yesterday. The difference is it is now out in the open.

The country feels split, confused and uncertain this morning.

I've always found it odd that such big decisions can hang on jut a few votes. I know you go with the majority, but I'd prefer a larger majority was needed to truly reflect how a country feels.

Utter nonsense, do you have an opinion, rather than just being disparaging of others?

Make an intelligent point, rather than just saying rude remarks, as you look the one who is ignorant.

Can't you work out my opinion?

England is composed of a large number of small minded ignorant people who have no understanding of the facts they vote on. Is that clear enough for you? 

That's an intelligent point that is disparaging of others.

Archived