Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Can't you work out my opinion?

England is composed of a large number of small minded ignorant people who have no understanding of the facts they vote on. Is that clear enough for you? 

That's an intelligent point that is disparaging of others.

With such persuasive arguments it makes you wonder why there wasn't a massive majority for remain.

I've always found it odd that such big decisions can hang on jut a few votes. I know you go with the majority, but I'd prefer a larger majority was needed to truly reflect how a country feels.

Which is my opinion of the failure of our type of "democracy".

plus the vote wasn't based on facts just scarmongering from both sides.

People didn't have the tools to come to a knowledgeable decision.

The unknowing led the little minded Englanders

"Democracy" proves again that it's system isn't very good.

You keep using this term which is so derogatory, how about the other side of the argument which would be broader minded , we all get it you're not a happy bunny but is there really any reason for this type of hyperbole. 

I've always found it odd that such big decisions can hang on jut a few votes. I know you go with the majority, but I'd prefer a larger majority was needed to truly reflect how a country feels.

That's a really good point. It's bizzare to me how we've got such swings locally, regionally and even nationally as England, Scotland, Wales & NI all have different results. The fact it was so close overall makes it all feel a bit muddled and confusing to me. Not sure what how it could have been done differently though I suppose.

You keep using this term which is so derogatory, how about the other side of the argument which would be broader minded .

But the problem is there isn't enough of those :(

Which is my opinion of the failure of our type of "democracy".

plus the vote wasn't based on facts just scarmongering from both sides.

People didn't have the tools to come to a knowledgeable decision.

The campaigns were pathetic, I think the bull shitting just turned people off and they just went with their gut rather than the facts.

With such persuasive arguments it makes you wonder why there wasn't a massive majority for remain.

There were no arguments to remain or leave BEFORE the vote, just blatant lies and scaremongering from both sides. 

You were one of the worst here, going on about voting for the people you want in power then voting against the people you voted in who supposedly have the knowledge.

A poor referendum all round.

I'm sad because it's the younger people that it is going to hurt in England.

I'll just have to go through a bit more bureaucracy to get the right papers to continue to work and enjoy living on my continent.

I'm European not just a little minded Englander.

Can't you work out my opinion?

England is composed of a large number of small minded ignorant people who have no understanding of the facts they vote on. Is that clear enough for you? 

That's an intelligent point that is disparaging of others.

Just England? or is it just England because the vote was not in your favor?

By your logic Gibraltar are extremely enlightened?

People vote selfishly, and will vote for what they feel will improve their individual lives.

Maybe what effects your life is very different depending on where you live in the UK (or the world)?

The politicians on the Remain side missed what resonates with the poorer people who feel that the EU has made their lives worse. Its not sufficient to tell them that they can study abroad, or buy a house in Slovakia, if you have little opportunities.

Its not little Englander thinking, its their lives, which they believe will change for the better if they have a greater claim on their own democracy & freedom.

There were no arguments to remain or leave BEFORE the vote, just blatant lies and scaremongering from both sides. 

You were one of the worst here, going on about voting for the people you want in power then voting against the people you voted in who supposedly have the knowledge.

I'll just have to go through a bit more bureaucracy to get the right papers to continue to work and enjoy living on my continent.

Fcuking hell you have used that again.

That's a really good point. It's bizzare to me how we've got such swings locally, regionally and even nationally as England, Scotland, Wales & NI all have different results. The fact it was so close overall makes it all feel a bit muddled and confusing to me. Not sure what how it could have been done differently though I suppose.

I'm sure there are some politics grads on here who can shed some light on it. People are fickle, I'd wager there are huge numbers who would vote differently today than they would yesterday.

You keep using this term which is so derogatory, how about the other side of the argument which would be broader minded , we all get it you're not a happy bunny but is there really any reason for this type of hyperbole. 

what's broader minded about isolationalism?

When the happy politician is an unelected Farage and the unhappy politician is your elected leader I think you should be able to work out that something isn't quite right.

Nooo, we're not European brothers anymore, what a pity! EU must change but also remain united imho. An EU without the UK is too weak.

an EU with the UK is was already weak (I'm talking foreign affairs)

The campaigns were pathetic, I think the bull shitting just turned people off and they just went with their gut rather than the facts.

I agree.

And that's not the way to run a democracy.

Shocked and surprised. Genuinely didn't see this coming. I voted remain but i'll eat my brexit and accept that democracy has spoken.

If somebody had told me that by the end of the year we could see Boris Johnson as primeminister, Donald Trump as president, Leicester as premier league champions and us out of europe...well I would have asked for puff on that crack pipe. 

Just saying " you're too thick to know what's good for you, you fvcking racists" was never going to be a vote winner.

what's broader minded about isolationalism?

When the happy politician is an unelected Farage and the unhappy politician is your elected leader I think you should be able to work out that something isn't quite right.

Cameron is unhappy for sure, mainly his fault for lying to the electorate and a total underestimation of the depth of feeling around the country, It is clear Farage is not the only politician cheering both publicly and behind the scenes

Just England? or is it just England because the vote was not in your favor?

By your logic Gibraltar are extremely enlightened?

People vote selfishly, and will vote for what they feel will improve their individual lives.

Maybe what effects your life is very different depending on where you live in the UK (or the world)?

The politicians on the Remain side missed what resonates with the poorer people who feel that the EU has made their lives worse. Its not sufficient to tell them that they can study abroad, or buy a house in Slovakia, if you have little opportunities.

Its not little Englander thinking, its their lives, which they believe will change for the better if they have a greater claim on their own democracy & freedom.

I feel sorry for Gibraltar and Scotland and Northern Ireland.Little Englanders don't care what is right or best for them. I guess Little Englanders are acting like they accuse the Euro politicians of acting.

The vote isn't really not "in my favour" (love your American spelling there). I feel sorry for the British who are going to be worse off because of this - and that is most of them.

I don't blame people for voting selfishly - I blame them for voting ignorantly. They didn't understand the facts and should have insisted that their politicians expalin clearly the implications of an exit vote.

It is Little Englander mentality but you won't see that because you are too close.

Fcuking hell you have used that again.

:D I think it perfectly sums up the decision - but don't worry it's only 52% of the 70ish % of the voting part of the UK. :P

Guest MattP

Crikey FIF. If you still haven't learnt after today running around calling people little Englanders isn't really a vote winner you never will.

Wales voted for Brexit as well.

Just saying " you're too thick to know what's good for you, you fvcking racists" was never going to be a vote winner.

It clearly wasn't. But at least the remain side were telling the truth there.

Archived