Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

I feel sorry for Gibraltar and Scotland and Northern Ireland.Little Englanders don't care what is right or best for them. I guess Little Englanders are acting like they accuse the Euro politicians of acting.

The vote isn't really not "in my favour" (love your American spelling there). I feel sorry for the British who are going to be worse off because of this - and that is most of them.

I don't blame people for voting selfishly - I blame them for voting ignorantly. They didn't understand the facts and should have insisted that their politicians expalin clearly the implications of an exit vote.

It is Little Englander mentality but you won't see that because you are too close.

Its not American, its actually derived from Spanish, like much of the US form of English. Still a spelling mistake, my sincere apologies!

You know, some people are just ignorant, and don't realise it, and it's pointless trying to communicate with them, irrespective of the reason on either side.

Having said that, we are done :thumbup:

This could have big impact number of people looking for job. Big firms will figure out whether it's not viable to keep a certain amount of employees as well as how many to employ.

Massive result, but let's hope it doesn't **** people's lives up much.

Crikey FIF. If you still haven't learnt after today running around calling people little Englanders isn't really a vote winner you never will.

Wales voted for Brexit as well.

When have I ever worried about upsetting a few people for a few days?

I'm still convinced that you and I would get along very well.

This is a typical response from a remainer and how can you possibly make such a sweeping statement, everyone who voted leave would have had a reason, just because it may not be aligned with yours does not in anyway devalue it and that is how a democratic society works.

I'm not British, nor do I live in the UK. I was commenting as a spectator from the outside. My 'statement' was merely that I doubt people had valid reasons for voting leave. It is my hunch and not a sweeping statement. My hunch stems from the main arguments that have filtered through from the leave campaign. It saddens me that a majority of UK voters felt this was the right thing to do.

The general feeling is; that Europe is a great place, however the faceless EU politicians make too many important decisions for us which end up as, illogical decisions. Decisions which come with add ons, which are illogical, to both the Leave and Remain voters.

If the EU was the common market which is what we entered, I don't believe we would be voting to leave the EU.

The UK's feeling, are very similar to other peoples around Europe, very dissatisfied with the attitude and culture within the EU parliament. They seem to be indignant in their approach, totally unchallengeable by the general public. It is not acceptable, and I am surprised that anyone could be happy to be governed that way.

When you want milk in your morning coffee, the general solution is that you find a way to get milk on your morning coffee. Not to throw the coffee away and piss in the cup.

This can and probably will have far-reaching consequences for both the UK and the EU.

My prediction for the upcoming season (little football analogy for the boys).

Conservative leadership vote - Boris vs Theresa May = Boris winner.

Scotland ask for a referendum again - close vote = Scotland vote out.

Northern Ireland vote on a united Ireland - carnage = Northern stays in the UK.

General Election by the end of 2017 - definitely.

Gonna be hilarious in a couple of years when things are still shit and brexiters realise it's because we're shit not because of Johnny Foreigner coming here and the fact a few people in Brussels decided something about pillowcases. When you wages still don't go up because your boss is a tight arse, not because a few poles do the same job. When your kids can't get a school place or their class room is too full, or you can't get a Drs appointment, because your local government couldn't organise a piss up in brewery and thought they could build a 1000 home estate without providing services. When you realise that to trade with the eu (probably with a much worse deal) we'll still have to abide by many of their rules despite now having no say whatsoever regarding them. When you realise the EU was the least of your worries because you country has and will be for years run by a bunch of self serving *****.

Don't come crying to us when your utopia doesn't materialise. Don't say we didn't warn you.

lol lol  Dignity.

So the general thrust I'm getting from FIF is that to be "open minded", you essentially must lie to yourself and ignore what's going on around you, the poor quality of life, the constant approach of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and simply believe what you're told to believe, not what your eyes actually tell you?

That's being liberal is it??! Being a carbon copy of somebody else in order to satisfy their self aggrandisement is liberal is it??? Again, fvcking Twilight Zone.

So the general thrust I'm getting from FIF is that to be "open minded", you essentially must lie to yourself and ignore what's going on around you, the poor quality of life, the constant approach of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and simply believe what you're told to believe, not what your eyes actually tell you?

That's being liberal is it??! Being a carbon copy of somebody else in order to satisfy their self aggrandisement is liberal is it??? Again, fvcking Twilight Zone.

Your degrading quality of life is due to your British government decisions not being in the EU.

I think it's brilliant how the people who voted to leave didn't understand all of the facts or are 'little Englanders'.

Maybe, just maybe, they disagreed with how this country has been run for the past 43 years and wanted change?

It's been run by British governments not by Europe. If you don't understand that you have no hope.

Will Scotland, Northern Ireland and London try for independance now?

Gibraltar to become Spanish or independant?

It clearly wasn't. But at least the remain side were telling the truth there.

Woah woah woah... they are as guuilty of talking utter shit and scaremongering as leave were bigging up some of the benefits.

I'm not British, nor do I live in the UK. I was commenting as a spectator from the outside. My 'statement' was merely that I doubt people had valid reasons for voting leave. It is my hunch and not a sweeping statement. My hunch stems from the main arguments that have filtered through from the leave campaign. It saddens me that a majority of UK voters felt this was the right thing to do.

When you want milk in your morning coffee, the general solution is that you find a way to get milk on your morning coffee. Not to throw the coffee away and piss in the cup.

This can and probably will have far-reaching consequences for both the UK and the EU.

I think your analogies, need a little work lol

I hope that the effects are far reaching for everyone. There needed to be change. Is the Europe of today an endorsement of success? Is ever closer union actually a positive? Economically is Europe a success?

The sad truth is that Europe, although still important in the world, is not a place where I want my country to be joined at the hip with. We can hold hands for a while, but I also want to see who else is at the party ok?

I am not European. In fact I do not feel British, I am English! I believe that too many people can not wait to jump to the extremes of the argument once they find out what side you feel you belong in and vote for, one side calling the other racists, while they retort unpatriotic, its ridiculous.

I am very centred with my political views, I am happy to explain how I feel.

Why do you have such interest in the UK vote? (I am assuming that you are Danish) :thumbup:

Which is fine, but people have been told time and time again that there will be no negotiation. Cameron gave it the big one about his "renegotiation", and it was basically a load of shit. On that basis, people voted out... if people had seen movement or a willingness to listen to the people (not just in this country, this is happening across Europe) then I doubt we'd be in this situation.

It's like swatting fly's dealing with these elite leftie luvvies on twitter.

Some of the supposedly well educated, intelligent "celebrities" making some of the most generalist sweeping statements I've ever seen, it's staggering how angry they are!

First time I've had to have a quick look at this. Unfortunately Brexit has caused me a good few problems and headaches but I am very happy the right decision for the country was made. There will be turmoil but out of the ashes .....

Hopefully this kick starts the dismantling of the current EU and pushes a new reformed inclusive organisation that actually benefits ALL of its members and not just a few.

Those talking about liberalism, is the EU liberal? Really? It absolutely is not.

We can spend the next few months leaning on the EU as will other countries and hopefully, something better will come out of all of this.

Ouch. Really surprised, but also not surprised. Leave campaign did a great job really, as much as I hate to admit it.

Brexit and Donald Trump/Clinton. What a year.

No they didn't. They misinformed people and abused numbers.

If this were a game, yes, the leave campaign did a great job of suckering people, but this isn't a game.

I've got to say even though I voted leave, the victory this morning has came as a shock we knew it was going to be tight but I only could see one winner and that was remain. I just thought a lot of people who said they wanted to leave, would bottle it at the least minute, however in the end they didn't. A lot of sour graped remain voters I see now.

Some of the supposedly well educated, intelligent "celebrities" making some of the most generalist sweeping statements I've ever seen, it's staggering how angry they are!

Really making me cringe, bloody footballers, blue peter presenters, singers, tv stars preaching about it. It's like a battle to see who can be the most "ashamed" of their country.

I'm finding the whole thing quite funny.

Really making me cringe, bloody footballers, blue peter presenters, singers, tv stars preaching about it. It's like a battle to see who can be the most "ashamed" of their country.

I'm finding the whole thing quite funny.

It really is unbelievable. The rhetoric of inclusiveness and liberalism only applies if you think the same as them?

Come on. Drink your tea and get on with your life.

Archived