Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

You might be right.

It's hard not to act like a child when something so painstakingly obvious has been overlooked by a majority, the ramifications are going to lead to job losses and hardship, and there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it.

I like to think of myself as a level-headed individual, not tending to over-react in good or in bad. 

I've no shame in admitting that in this case, yes, I am throwing my toys out of the pram. I'm not saying it's right, it just feels like the only thing I can do right now. Next coping mechanism is alcohol. See you on the other side.

Just go for a walk, nothing has changed yet. The sun is still shining, nobody has lost their jobs, the world is still turning.

We've probably get the best part of three years to get ready for any exit, a lot can happen in that time.

We'll still want to trade with people, they'll still want to trade with us. If we need more doctors or unskilled workers we can still let them in even after we exit.

Anyway... I'm going to go down the pub and have a good old English night out. A few Stellas in O'Neil's or Walkabout and then a nice Curry or Nandos. You can't get any more English than that.

I think this thread shows in a microism the deep divide between people in this matter and how it's extended out into the wider UK. I've got friends I've known for years screaming at each other via Facebook with all kinds of insults being tossed around, for goodness sake.

That is the real consequence of this vote - not the result either way, but the pretty clear and present fact that it shows in the harshest possible terms that the UK is deeply divided along a series of demographic lines. Us and them.

I hope that people do find a way to move past that, because a house divided cannot for long stand.

Innit.

I keep seeing that graph trotted out about most young people voting to remain and most old people voting to leave.

Firstly it's a guess based on a shabby poll proved to be incorrect. But lets pretend they are real for a moment... it's funny that they don't show the other information that came when they polled the younger age groups. The fact one poll suggest 75% wanted to Remain... and yet only 50% were going to bother voting.

I'm sorry lads and lasses, don't blame people of other generations for deciding your future. If your friends had all voted you could have made THE difference.

I have to agree with this and the number of people in general I speak to as part of my job who moan about xyz and yet can't be bothered to vote and do something about it.

Guest MattP

Why is Independence so scary?

The vote for me, is about being free from outside influences. 

I can't imagine any ex colony wanting it any other way.

Something I have always found absolutely baffling, we went around the World telling everywhere to go for it, raise your flag, you don't need us anymore! Of course you'll be ok!

Until yesterday when it came to ourselves doing it we shyed away, so bizarre.

I'm sure we'll get some sort of half membership. It's in nobody's interest to play silly buggers.

Which is exactly what Cameron and the E.U. should have done in the first place.

The E.U is an unelected, autocratic system which will now implode and eventually decline into abyss.

The sterling is already rebounding, the drops on the Euro are going to be severe.

Will I still get hayfever when we leave the EU?... 'cause it's fecking killing today.

Worst I've had for ages ...   and all because we've left the EU !!    The end is nigh !

Sneezing my head off when dealing with a few thousand bees that had called my home their home a couple of hours ago.

Which is exactly what Cameron and the E.U. should have done in the first place.

The E.U is an unelected, autocratic system which will now implode and eventually decline into abyss.

The sterling is already rebounding, the drops on the Euro are going to be severe.

Agreed. The EU only has itself to blame for their arrogant dismissal of any reform. It's the thing that tipped me into voting out.

Will I still get hayfever when we leave the EU?... 'cause it's fecking killing today.

I had a jab for it.

Mine was abysmal in May and now it's absolutely fine. Great being able to step outside in the summer without crying from my nose and eyes.

Agreed. The EU only has itself to blame for their arrogant dismissal of any reform. It's the thing that tipped me into voting out.

People fail to realize what a position we are in now.

Imagine what will happen to E.U nations and those that use the Euro currency when the E.U separates.

I would like to add that its pretty hilarious how those multi-nationals which haven't paid tax, and for the whole referendum campaign suggested economic turmoil would ensue....have today came out and said everything will be fine.

I had a jab for it.

Mine was abysmal in May and now it's absolutely fine. Great being able to step outside in the summer without crying from my nose and eyes.

What do I need to ask for at the doctors?

Or do they just understand "give us a jab for me 'ayfever Doc".

What do I need to ask for at the doctors?

Or do they just understand "give us a jab for me 'ayfever Doc".

The NHS don't do it because it suppresses the immune system (don't hang about people with nasty illnesses) but it's not a problem.

You can get it from local pharmacies, they advertise it. I had mine done for 35 quid and it lasts 3 months.

I had a jab for it.

I'm sure the jabs help but yours is probably the early one tbf, mine always starts later ... Different pollen.

Anyway, can someone change the title of this thread to EU exit debate / The end of the world is nigh ... And hay fever thread.

In an attempt to inject a little levity:

ClsxMjgWkAAlap9.jpg

Excellent to see FOX News keeping their sterling record for news accuracy intact.

My wife is in the US at the moment. Says the coverage over there is that we are all bigots. I know for some that was a factor, but it certainly isn't for everyone.

Disaster for the country. The EU isn't perfect but it's benefits of free movement and trade are really something we should not be missing out on.

I really feel let down by the electorate; the leave side won largely because of a large percentage of over-60's voting leave. These people will not be around for much longer, while the younger generation who this decision impacts the most voted almost 70-30 for remain.

Cameron wasn't perfect, but he did his best to reduce the financial burden on future generations and was a stable leader. With the prospect of Johnson, or even worse Gove replacing him, it's a dark day for Britain in my view.

In the order you've said them ...    

We've really f@cked ourselves ...    No we haven't we have finally seen the light.

I'm so annoyed ...    get over it and change your plans accordingly.

People have been duped ...    No they haven't they have seen through the cr@p and fear and have had enough.

People have no real insight into the impacts ....    Don't be so patronizing !!

If your idea of seeing the light is f@cking the economy, isolating us from Europe and workers rights being ripped up?

I am annoyed, but, I will get over it. However, I will remain annoyed for some time about the opportunity we passed up to build a stronger Europe.

Were people truly aware of the ramifications? The Bank of England has put us in special measures to try and protect our economy and the £ fell twice as sharply as it did on black Momday... EU migration has had a net positive impact on the economy (that is not down to a matter of opinion - please feel free to google it)

And finally... It's patronise my dear...!

And now the mud slinging has begun, it's the first time elderly voter at fault, people who voted out didn't understand the consequences of their actions, selfish narrow minded xenophobes, remainers spitting feathers at all the thick little Englanders who have dared to sever our membership of the EU.

Hardly any mention of the root cause of this vote, the absolute self interested, self absorbed bureaucrats in Brussels who would not be happy until they achieved their goal of a federal Europe.

I really feel let down by the electorate; the leave side won largely because of a large percentage of over-60's voting leave due to what I suspect to be outdated views on immigration. These people will not be around for much longer, while the younger generation who this decision impacts the most voted almost 70-30 for remain.

If the young felt so strongly, is there any reason most of them didn't turn up to vote? The polls suggesting the poorest turnout of any age group. Don't blame the old for voting, blame the young for not.

Archived