Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

So you believe that mass immigration isn't a problem? Greenland is a part of Denmark I don't think that would be counted as it's own country.

There are problems with mass uncontrolled immigration but I don't think population density has been one of them for the UK. As i said in the thread prior to the referendum I believe it's our reluctance to and inefficiency at providing adequate infrastructure that is the main problem, and that's caused by institutional dysfunction, not immigrants. Those problems will still exist because infrastructure needs upgrading and replacing even if the population does not increase. Therefore if you think that leaving the EU will solve problems related to population density I'm of the opinion that you'll be disappointed.

In broader terms, I recognise the problems caused by immigration especially in terms of the lowering of unskilled and low-skilled wages, but I also value a diverse society from a social perspective so I find it hard to be black and white with regards to whether or not immigration is good or bad. I personally can't recall a single problem I've had in my entire life for which the blame could be placed on an immigrant. Not one. So I'm naturally disinclined to think that the removal of immigrants is going to make my life any better.

It was a massive turnout with a huge number of areas voting to leave. If you're views had been reflected you wouldn't be complaining about people who hadn't voted.

Basically you've no respect for anyone opinion but your own.

Also you insult voters by supposing their votes were based on politicians prompting. As if anyone would be naive enough to trust such habitual bullshitters.

People I spoke to were mostly underwhelmed by the arguments of the preamble, quickly spotted the contradictions and the threats but actually based their choice on their own observations, their own reading and what was most important to them.

Wtf! And you accused me of putting words in your mouth the other day. The irony! How has my post brought that response? Seriously, I wasn't singling out anyone. There are clearly people out there who are too stupid to engage themselves properly in the democratic process. I mean ffs there were thousands at Glastonbury, no idea which way they wanted to vote, who thought they could vote there. I was replying to a post about compulsory voting, not solely this referendum. That's one generalisation I will make, you leave voters don't like reading thing properly do you!

I'm stopping here before I seriously lay into you and the kind of person you come across as on here because I'd be risking a ban. I'm pretty sure Finnigan summed you up perfectly in a post a few days ago though, just can't find it right now.

So after all the doom and gloom this morning about the £ v $ and £ v € and the ftse 100

The £ is now on the way up again against the $

The £ has stabilised against the € and is still above its lowest point this year

After this mornings dip the ftse 100 has recovered and has actually finished the week on a plus

All based on speculation which will include a lot of people who thought the earlier drops represented good buying opportunities.

The FTSE100 in particular isn't a great guide because many of the businesses in that index are merely listed and maybe have a small office here but take the lion's share of their revenues abroad and hence aren't affected so much by what happens in the UK.

The FTSE250 is the next 250 largest listed companies after the FTSE100 and contains many more businesses reliant on a healthy domestic economy and is therefore a better measure of the market's reaction, and that's down more than 7% which is a very large one day fall.

The true economic fallout from this won't be felt for some time yet. This is day one when we're still in the EU and we still don't really know what's going to happen so in many ways we are as we were yesterday. Until we get some indication as to what our withdrawal is going to look like I'm expecting markets to be volatile in short periods but generally flat to declining over the medium term.

Bob Geldof handing back his knighthood after never feeling so ashamed in his life lol lol

Is he even British?

From Wiki

Born 5 October 1951 (age 64)

Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland

His EU actions

Bob Geldof adopted an anti-euro stance by appearing in an advertisement against the single currency

What blinkered defeatism. Millions of people voted Leave for a combination of reasons and it is clear all over Europe that there needs to be a massive change of thinking in European politics. We now have the opportunity to help fashion that thinking.

Indeed my biggest worry listening to the television coverage last night was that the politicians still can't accept the need to change and that there are still massive barriers to the needed changes. .  

In the end I can only believe there will be other countries demanding their own independence votes but, hopefully, something better will eventually emerge because there is so much that's wrong at the moment.

I'm sure you could argue that there was a combination of reasons why the people of this country chose to gamble with its

future but the people who I know that voted out did so because they don't like foreigners.

Also, Remain voters, why.......

do you believe multi-national organisations success is more important than local and national British organisations?

do you put the lives of foreign refugees and European nationals ahead of an individual British national?

do you value the skills of, largely lesser skilled, immigrants from Europe, than those which are, generally higher skilled and prop up our NHS, from commonwealth nations such as India?

do you believe that my rights and beliefs about a nation I was born in, are less than a group of people in Brussels, who I do not know, do not want and have not elected?

And finally, why do those younger voters (Under 30), who haven't experienced both the introduction to and now departure from the E.U, believe they have a greater right to voice their opinion, than someone who has experienced life before and during our membership of the E.U?

lol Some of the reactions today have been absolutely tragic.  FFS we've decide to no longer be a part of a political union that hasn't represented British interests in a long long time.  We haven't been invaded by the bloody Russians!

do you believe multi-national organisations success is more important than local and national British organisations?

do you put the lives of foreign refugees and European nationals ahead of an individual British national?

do you value the skills of, largely lesser skilled, immigrants from Europe, than those which are, generally higher skilled and prop up our NHS, from commonwealth nations such as India?

do you believe that my rights and beliefs about a nation I was born in, are less than a group of people in Brussels, who I do not know, do not want and have not elected?

And finally, why do those younger voters (Under 30), who haven't experienced both the introduction to and now departure from the E.U, believe they have a greater right to voice their opinion, than someone who has experienced life before and during our membership of the E.U?

Sorry i'm a leave voter but are you ****ing serious???

I am a nurse and my collaegues from Europe are far, far better trained than any from India, Sri-Lanka and Africa. Half of the commonwealth nurses are a liability.

Jesus i've realised how boring people are today, unfortunately and sadly that includes people I associate with regularly.

It's alright not going on social media, staying away from it on the internet, not turning the TV on, but when people you know and mates are going on about it, constantly, spewing and moaning it's hard to get away from, i'm not locked away in my house, i've only come in to say this really and it's the only comments I will make on the matter. (Within reason - unless anyone replys to this and I decide to reply back, e.t.c)

I wasn't bothered either way really, I agreed with arguments from both sides, obviously you're not allowed to do that in politics though, if you agree with one side you're wrong according to the other side, even if the point isn't even linked. It's pathetic.

Boreoff everyone.

If I could be arsed this'd be a wumming paradise, I really can't though.

1) do you believe multi-national organisations success is more important than local and national British organisations?

2)do you put the lives of foreign refugees and European nationals ahead of an individual British national?

3) do you value the skills of, largely lesser skilled, immigrants from Europe, than those which are, generally higher skilled and prop up our NHS, from commonwealth nations such as India?

4) do you believe that my rights and beliefs about a nation I was born in, are less than a group of people in Brussels, who I do not know, do not want and have not elected?

5) And finally, why do those younger voters (Under 30), who haven't experienced both the introduction to and now departure from the E.U, believe they have a greater right to voice their opinion, than someone who has experienced life before and during our membership of the E.U?

1) I don't

2) I don't

3) I don't

4) I don't

5) can't speak for the under 30's anymore sadly, but I'd guess that they don't, although if your ridiculous posts are representative of the older demographic then I think they should.

I'm sure you could argue that there was a combination of reasons why the people of this country chose to gamble with its

future but the people who I know that voted out did so because they don't like foreigners.

Which, whether you like it or not, is a very valid reason to vote leave, as now we can reduce the number of immigrants we allow into our country.

The problem in the modern world is that every time you voice an opinion against an individual/group, or don't believe in their practices, you a deemed a racist. 

Are all homosexuals sexist?

Are all heterosexuals  homophobic?

Are all non-religion practicing individuals racist?

Whenever I visit a doctor's surgery/hospital would I like the people I interact with to be British born? Yes

Whenever I answer the phone would I like the person I am speaking to me to be native British? Yes

That isn't because I am a racist.....it just makes it quicker, easier and more simple.

Jesus i've realised how boring people are today, unfortunately and sadly that includes people I associate with regularly.

It's alright not going on social media, staying away from it on the internet, not turning the TV on, but when people you know and mates are going on about it, constantly, spewing and moaning it's hard to get away from, i'm not locked away in my house, i've only come in to say this really and it's the only comments I will make on the matter. (Within reason - unless anyone replys to this and I decide to reply back, e.t.c)

I wasn't bothered either way really, I agreed with arguments from both sides, obviously you're not allowed to do that in politics though, if you agree with one side you're wrong according to the other side, even if the point isn't even linked. It's pathetic.

Boreoff everyone.

If I could be arsed this'd be a wumming paradise, I really can't though.

It's pathetic to be passionate about the future of this country?

It's pathetic to be passionate about the future of this country?

Not said that.

It's pathetic the slagging off of one side to the other.

As i've said I can see good and bad from both sides, very few seem to agree with that statement, either one is wrong and one is right according a majority of people spewing, no middle ground.

Tony Benn supported democracy no matter what.

You're still ignoring the point - you can support democracy and still think that the public are making a grave mistake.

So, answer the actual question - do you think he would have wanted the far right to concentrate their power?

Sorry i'm a leave voter but are you ****ing serious???

I am a nurse and my collaegues from Europe are far, far better trained than any from India, Sri-Lanka and Africa. Half of the commonwealth nurses are a liability.

Without trying to offend you, by higher skilled jobs I was referring to doctors/surgeons as oppose to nurses/maintenance workers/other staff etc.

And, the number of doctors at the infirmary from the commonwealth far outnumber those from E.U countries.

Re Tony Benn, it's really saying something when the leavers are having to used the assumed opinions of a dead politician to lend credence to their views. Are there not credible people still alive in support of Brexit, whose views we can actually verify?

Not being funny, but a 16-17 years old vote isn't equal to a 36 year olds. Mi for instance, I'm double their age, 2 kids, bills, and I work for a European company (albeit I don't live in the UK at the moment). I remember being that age and thinking I knew so much. I didn't. I've now travelled the world and have seen and experienced so much more. The grey vote is really valuable. I'm pleased our older and wiser voters voted how they did.

I totally agree 100%. Many 16/17 year old's may think they know it all, but they most certainly do not! Experience, and only experience, as well as an open mind, is the crux of knowledge, out in the wide world. They simply are not streetwise, and certainly not unintelligent either, but many are impetuous, and lack many facets and comprehension of the monster the EU has become, over 40 years.

One day, they will hopefully comprehend, that leaving the EU, was the best thing to do. They will reap the benefits, in the years to come, and benefits they will most certainly be.

Archived