Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Leave was based principally on two important areas sovereignty and controlled immigration, the remain camp cannot deliver on either, so remain have focused their campaign around a prophecy of doom on the economy if we were to leave, meaning less wedge in your pocket, this I regret will tip the balance of fence sitters to remain.

Yes and when the Euro banking system begins to collapse they will regret it. Particularly with the EU bail in legislation.

That's not why I and any other remain voter I've spoken to has voted to stay. Comments like that are just moronic and disrespectful as calling all leave voters xenophobic and racist.

Face I think you would agree even before the debates ran through into the nights most people had already decided which camp they were in. My comments were therefore based on those who were undecided and I stick to what I have said most people who are undecided are frightened of change so would lean towards the status quo. How on earth you can say those comments are moronic and disrespectful is quite frankly bizarre.

Leave was based principally on two important areas sovereignty and controlled immigration, the remain camp cannot deliver on either, so remain have focused their campaign around a prophecy of doom on the economy if we were to leave, meaning less wedge in your pocket, this I regret will tip the balance of fence sitters to remain.

But even if the a Remain side overplayed and overstated the effects somewhat, there is significant weight and theory behind the argument that leaving would be a bad play economically - and that is a universal factor that underpins everyone's lives.

The leave side did offer a firm picture in terms of what they were going for economically, but from the few economists that did side that way it seemed they were advocating for universal free trade - which in theory can be better economically overall, but to move that way would have a significant effect on jobs in the short to medium term (the comments from leaves lead economist about manufacturing jobs disappearing was a big clue to this) and I personally have serious doubts as to whether this countries current position would enable that method to work successfully anyway.

As i posted on the other thread, what this country needs to do most at the moment is attract inward investment from overseas, so that in turn tips our trade deficit so other countries money is coming in, helping to pay for the wages, life and services we want. When trade is going the other way, what you're effectively doing is losing some of the countries wealth because it's being spent in other countries.

I have decided to vote out despite my previous thoughts on the referendum. Watching the news and seeing all these remain supporters claiming that our workers rights and human rights would cease to exist have really annoyed me. Who cares if food in Aldi is a few pence more expensive.

I was in Cameron's constituency last week and there were plenty of leave posters up even in farmer's fields.

Guest Mee-9

Was in Cornwall last week staying in Falmouth. Traveled around quite a lot though all over the place. Saw probably 2 remain in boards and all the rest were to leave. 

Cornwall wants it's own independence from the rest of England.

I doubt it'd want to remain part of Europe let alone England. Infact they'd probably invade Devon if they could. 

Face I think you would agree even before the debates ran through into the nights most people had already decided which camp they were in. My comments were therefore based on those who were undecided and I stick to what I have said most people who are undecided are frightened of change so would lean towards the status quo. How on earth you can say those comments are moronic and disrespectful is quite frankly bizarre.

You never mentioned undecided, you specifically mentioned voting remain, therefore your post could be seen as calling all remain voters frightened and voting on the status quo. That's how your post seemed and would make it moronic and disrespectful.

Was in Cornwall last week staying in Falmouth. Traveled around quite a lot though all over the place. Saw probably 2 remain in boards and all the rest were to leave.

Have you seen they carry on of those people when there is a new housing estate going in next to their quant villages lol LOL

The fecking taliban could get lessons from them lol

And who's to say an extremely wealthy leave supporter hasn't whacked £200,000 on remain to soften the blow a bit and therefore not reflecting the true odds. By the end of the day the odds will be 1/4 again

200k wouldn't affect the market much at this stage. not from one lump sum, considering i'm assuming it's pretty hard for someone to have "inside information" about this. there's been 58 million pounds matched on betfair, with remain being about 1.75 this time last week and now it's 1.14. 

we're staying and we were probably always going to stay. 

im impressed that the result seems to be decided by the number of signs infront of schools and in farmers fields... good ol democracy :)

the result was decided as soon as all the political parties, world leaders, goldman sachs, bankers, City of London and rest of the establishment decided the people were going to vote remain. The people cannot beat the establishment and the closer they get the more extreme the pressure against them becomes.

You never mentioned undecided, you specifically mentioned voting remain, therefore your post could be seen as calling all remain voters frightened and voting on the status quo. That's how your post seemed and would make it moronic and disrespectful.

Oh my days read the post again, surely if you vote to remain then the staus quo remains (excuse the pun) therefore no change, are you with me so far,reluctance to change would mean changing what is already in place, in the EU, so a remain vote would mean you don't want to change anything.

Are you not feeling loved at the moment would you like me to come round and give you a man hug?

the result was decided as soon as all the political parties, world leaders, goldman sachs, bankers, City of London and rest of the establishment decided the people were going to vote remain. The people cannot beat the establishment and the closer they get the more extreme the pressure against them becomes.

I can certainly see your point... but unless its on a corflute sign in the front garden of my next door neigbour, im not buying it.

Oh my days read the post again, surely if you vote to remain then the staus quo remains (excuse the pun) therefore no change, are you with me so far,reluctance to change would mean changing what is already in place, in the EU, so a remain vote would mean you don't want to change anything.

Are you not feeling loved at the moment would you like me to come round and give you a man hug?

I worded that badly, my point about your original post still stands.

Cornwall wants it's own independence from the rest of England.

I doubt it'd want to remain part of Europe let alone England. Infact they'd probably invade Devon if they could. 

I'm not surprised. Lovely place. Why it would want the problems and inner-city despair and ugliness we've got in England?

I laugh at the way the City council gets all self-righteous about cleaning up Leicester's air having turned the entire city centre into a noisy, lung-and-mind irritating, dustbowl for years.

Clearly they hate car-borne pollution more than brick and concrete-born dust. Hypocritical sods. Especially when knowing that almost all vehicles will be "clean" in next-to-no-time.        

But even if the a Remain side overplayed and overstated the effects somewhat, there is significant weight and theory behind the argument that leaving would be a bad play economically - and that is a universal factor that underpins everyone's lives.

The leave side did offer a firm picture in terms of what they were going for economically, but from the few economists that did side that way it seemed they were advocating for universal free trade - which in theory can be better economically overall, but to move that way would have a significant effect on jobs in the short to medium term (the comments from leaves lead economist about manufacturing jobs disappearing was a big clue to this) and I personally have serious doubts as to whether this countries current position would enable that method to work successfully anyway.

As i posted on the other thread, what this country needs to do most at the moment is attract inward investment from overseas, so that in turn tips our trade deficit so other countries money is coming in, helping to pay for the wages, life and services we want. When trade is going the other way, what you're effectively doing is losing some of the countries wealth because it's being spent in other countries.

I think that's an understatement Barry, circumspect theories are not automatically facts, and do you truly believe that all the economists and banks are totally unbiased, cause therein lies the problem. 

Archived