Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

The only news that has cheered me up today was that 75% of 18 - 24yr olds voted to stay.

Maybe the future might not be so bleak. My streetwise dad who has 70yrs experience voted

to leave because "we beat these bastards in the war and now they're telling us what we can

and can't do".

Frightening isn't it.  If my kids or nephews and nieces were old enough to vote the first thing I would have done was ask them what they wanted. 

It can't be democracy if people make a judgement based on information that's now known to be lies !

That's how the Nazi party initiated change in Germany

I though we here in the UK had a difference moral fiber !

I can seen the positives and negatives and I'm happy to role with it

But when you see the democratic process manipulated and corrupted like this , then you have to question what is the real future for this great country !

So that's every general and local election then all politicians lie or stretch the truth in order to get elected.

Just being a member of a political party means they have to be seen to believe in every part of a manifesto whether for it or against.

snapback.png

The only news that has cheered me up today was that 75% of 18 - 24yr olds voted to stay.
Maybe the future might not be so bleak. My streetwise dad who has 70yrs experience voted
to leave because "we beat these bastards in the war and now they're telling us what we can
and can't do".

Yeah.. the generation who stood up to defeat fascism in Europe have let down the generation who couldn't even be bothered to go out and vote for lower roaming charges...

It would be. Can't see it happening, though. This whole thing has been too ugly.

Well at some point we are going to have to cus there is a lot of work to be done.   Lets start by having a word with the Ruskies ...   they must love it that we have left so maybe we can get some cheap oil and gas of them ....    Who knows if we end up with a new PM called Boris we might get some free !!

Guest MattP

I was until a Noel Gallagher changed my mind !

Strange but true

I was remain until Eddie Izzard, honest.

Of course they would, they have never known anything different.

A lot of the older voters for leave would have been the young voters who overwhelmingly voted to join in the 70's, you can't fool people twice.

BBC are still crying their eyes out.  Posting wall to wall negativity and insults toward Britain.

Being dismissive of peoples fear towards a more uncertain future isn't going to get them to unite in the way that is liked or needed.

Being dismissive of peoples fear towards a more uncertain future isn't going to get them to unite in the way that is liked or needed.

Like I said, it's wall to wall coverage of people who didn't vote leave and are too butthurt to accept the result.

I am actually becoming more and more amazed at the reaction of some people to the outcome of this referendum.  We have voted for our independence and our future sovereignty.  The way some people are going on it would sound as if we've just voted in ISIS or the four horsemen of the apocalypse.  

How the **** does the rest of the world (160+ countries who are not in the EU) manage exactly?

At first the remains accused all leave voters of being stupid racists, now they've moved on to saying anyone over 65 shouldn't have been allowed to vote. This under the premise that leaving the EU is backwards. Wow the irony.

So we have a referendum, done democratically and we have an outcome. A clear outcome.

Now I read that people are marching in London, demanding that we have a 2nd referendum.

How does this work then? What would happen if there WAS a 2nd referendum? And if the remain campaign won? Would the 'leavers' demand a third? What are we talking about here...best of 5?

The public have voted, the decision is made. It might be the wrong one, or the right one. There might be winners and losers.

But for fooks sake...stop moaning, stop whingeing, stop campaigning and GET ON WITH IT.

This

Like I said, it's wall to wall coverage of people who didn't vote leave and are too butthurt to accept the result.

I am actually becoming more and more amazed at the reaction of some people to the outcome of this referendum.  We have voted for our independence and our future sovereignty.  The way some people are going on it would sound as if we've just voted in ISIS or the four horsemen of the apocalypse.  

How the **** does the rest of the world (160+ countries who are not in the EU) manage exactly?

I agree about the overreaction, but deriding and dismissing it isn't going to bring those people back into the fold, which is where it is said they need to be.

snapback.png

Yeah.. the generation who stood up to defeat fascism in Europe have let down the generation who couldn't even be bothered to go out and vote for lower roaming charges...

It wasn't his generation who fought the Nazi's, it was his fathers, there's not many of them left.

I agree about the overreaction, but deriding and dismissing it isn't going to bring those people back into the fold, which is where it is said they need to be.

Responding to peoples fears and concerns is completely the right thing to do.  This was an immensely bold decision and one I feel, in time, we will have been extremely wise to make.  In the meantime I can completely understand people who are a little unsure.

However what we are seeing across the media is unadulterated hysteria.  So far, rather than accept that the reason the country has voted this way was due to the EU's complete failure to acknowledge the risk of Brexit was real, it has been yet another opportunity for the twittering liberal middle classes to bash the white working class and pensioners.

Personally what I have seen so far, including the state of those who decided to turn up and abuse Boris Johnson outside his home yesterday, has made me even more steely in my resolve that we have made the right decision. 

snapback.png

dont worry...All roads lead to roam..!!

Archived