Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Seconded.

No its 50/50

Both yougsters, and the winklies, should be taken out of the equation.

Voting should be allowed from 26 until 50 year olds only. Simples...

IF at 62 you havent changed the world, its too late,

from 16-26 you dont know what you want, and priorities are around sex n drinking.

Plus your dickheads, we all were at your age.

Oh I know, I really do...I am 62, I tried I really did, but nobody listened, mind you

Wasting ones life on sex drugs n rock n roll, was bloody marvellous fk politics!!!

Donut, on 24 Jun 2016 - 9:45 PM, said:snapback.png

You can abuse me for saying this, but i know for a fact some of the leave votes are purely "fvck foreigners" votes.

Renders my considered vote either way useless.

I just dont see why this was left to people to decide.

You sound so unhappy.. think you would be much better off moving to North Korea ..its one man one vote there.. Kim jong un is the one man and he has the one vote  :thumbup:

What unadulterated trash!

I feel sorry for you're gross lack of maturity, and common sense. You represent the lowest order of of any intelligence, or if you prefer, a Neanderthal outlook.

The concept of a generational divide isn't something I've just made up. It has been discussed regularly by the media and is even the subject of a few books. The baby boomer generation is considered to have gained advantages from numerous different sources, not limited to: ease of buying houses, incredible house price growth, free higher education, ease of qualifying for well paid jobs, ease of getting well paid jobs, strong wage growth, the emergence of a generous welfare state, unsustainable pensions such as final salary pensions, strong equity investment growth and so on.

I have personally never heard a political party saying they are going to address the generational divide, because they know they will lose many votes from older people who in most cases don't realise and aren't of a mind to accept just how privileged they've been in comparison to today's youth. There is simply no evidence that older people vote thinking about anyone but themselves and how much they personally stand to gain from any policy changes.

If you've got a decent response to this then I'm all ears, but if all you're going to do is throw more laboured and quite odd insults then save yourself the bother mate, it isn't going to have any effect.

The concept of a generational divide isn't something I've just made up. It has been discussed regularly by the media and is even the subject of a few books. The baby boomer generation is considered to have gained advantages from numerous different sources, not limited to: ease of buying houses, incredible house price growth, free higher education, ease of qualifying for well paid jobs, ease of getting well paid jobs, strong wage growth, the emergence of a generous welfare state, unsustainable pensions such as final salary pensions, strong equity investment growth and so on.

I have personally never heard a political party saying they are going to address the generational divide, because they know they will lose many votes from older people who in most cases don't realise and aren't of a mind to accept just how privileged they've been in comparison to today's youth. There is simply no evidence that older people vote thinking about anyone but themselves and how much they personally stand to gain from any policy changes.

If you've got a decent response to this then I'm all ears, but if all you're going to do is throw more laboured and quite odd insults then save yourself the bother mate, it isn't going to have any effect.

Pretty damning on people my age with your global comments. Yes I do feel quite privileged, but five years at night school in the 1970's to pass my bank exams and 47 years working without a days sick leave, I think I have worked for my final salary pension.

I was brought up that you worked for the things you wanted and nothing was handed on a plate.

Sure everybody tries to get what's best for them, but it seems to me that many 20-30 year olds are not prepared to work day in day out to achieve success.

I voted out for my grandchildren's future, which would be dire under the systematic destruction of our countries customs and culture by the Brussels / Berlin master plan.

I am sure you will shoot me down with another ageist diatribe, but make no mistake my generation did work and contribute to the success of this country.

look on the bright side mate, when you're an older fooker it will be you're turn to shaft the yoof...

It is such an irony watching anarchists marching through London demanding to stay in a superstate ran by un elected bureaucrats... lol

And leftist marxists worried and complaining and demanding we stay in a free trade EU and about brexit upsetting world markets and the level of the pound. lol

10's of thousands are marching outside Westminster right now! Oh; that's the pride march.

I'm not allowed to say gay pride as in may offend the lesbian, bisexual and transgender.

I voted remain and he doesn't represent my views or that of 15 of the 16m who also voted remain.

Quite. No more than these charmers represents the 17m from Leave...

Converted_file_88fa71de.jpg

ClzMCDvXIAA9QhS.jpg

Anyway, the below nails it for me. I'd be feeling much more secure in the result if Leave had put a coherent and practical plan to the electorate - heck, I *may* even have been tempted to put my cross next to them. The fact is there hasn't been any kind of semblance of a plan, which Remain should have taken them to task on more, and that's left people rightly very concerned about their future.

Never has a revolution in Britain’s position in the world been advocated with such carelessness. The Leave campaign has no plan. And that is not just because there was a shamefully under-explored division between the bulk of Brexit voters who wanted the strong welfare state and solid communities of their youth and the leaders of the campaign who wanted Britain to become an offshore tax haven. Vote Leave did not know how to resolve difficulties with Scotland, Ireland, the refugee camp at Calais, and a thousand other problems, and did not want to know either.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/25/boris-johnson-michael-gove-eu-liars?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Converted_file_88fa71de.jpg

ClzMCDvXIAA9QhS.jpg

Anyway, the below nails it for me. I'd be feeling much more secure in the result if Leave had put a coherent and practical plan to the electorate - heck, I *may* even have been tempted to put my cross next to them. The fact is there hasn't been any kind of semblance of a plan, which Remain should have taken them to task on more, and that's left people rightly very concerned about their future.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/25/boris-johnson-michael-gove-eu-liars?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I'm still waiting to hear news of osborne's punishment budget.. WW3 didn't happen yet either... 

I'm still waiting to hear news of osborne's punishment budget.. WW3 didn't happen yet either... 

I'm still waiting to hear news of Osbourne. He seems to have slipped away quietly into the night...

Lets face what really happened. The referendum was won on immigration. Several general elections came and went where immigration was an increasing concern.

Not asylum or the movement of commonwealth workers but the free and easy access of EU workers on a massive scale that grew from 9 countries to 28 with Ukraine and Turkey on the horizon. Most migrant workers seemed to chose the British Isles before any other European country.

No party or politician ever directly confronted or tackled this issue. Perhaps because it was always going to happen or they deflected the issue whilst ensuring their own pockets were lined first.

Then Cameron promised a referendum which got him elected and low and behold middle England voted in numbers.

The end. Or is the beginning?

Plus one for the quote, not for the pictures.

Pretty damning on people my age with your global comments. Yes I do feel quite privileged, but five years at night school in the 1970's to pass my bank exams and 47 years working without a days sick leave, I think I have worked for my final salary pension.

I was brought up that you worked for the things you wanted and nothing was handed on a plate.

Sure everybody tries to get what's best for them, but it seems to me that many 20-30 year olds are not prepared to work day in day out to achieve success.

I voted out for my grandchildren's future, which would be dire under the systematic destruction of our countries customs and culture by the Brussels / Berlin master plan.

I am sure you will shoot me down with another ageist diatribe, but make no mistake my generation did work and contribute to the success of this country.

I agree, Jobs weren't easy to come by when I left school it took me 6 months to find a job where I had to spend a year in a warehouse before I could apply for an apprenticeship and there was no financial support like there is now, we worked longer hours, 46 which included Saturday mornings than is normal now. 

I think the fact that when my parents divorced when I was 6 years old my brother and sister along with me were shuffled off to homes 100 miles away because there was again no financial support like there is now and I was one of the lucky ones who managed to avoid being physically or sexually abused like some of the 'inmates' an appropriate description because it was more akin to a borstal than a home.

Plus my elder brother had to serve 2 years enforced conscription which was hardly a Butlins Holiday camp.

Just a few examples that not everything was all smelling of roses.

Lets face what really happened. The referendum was won on immigration. Several general elections came and went where immigration was an increasing concern.

Not asylum or the movement of commonwealth workers but the free and easy access of EU workers on a massive scale that grew from 9 countries to 28 with Ukraine and Turkey on the horizon. Most migrant workers seemed to chose the British Isles before any other European country.

No party or politician ever directly confronted or tackled this issue. Perhaps because it was always going to happen or they deflected the issue whilst ensuring their own pockets were lined first.

Then Cameron promised a referendum which got him elected and low and behold middle England voted in numbers.

And yet the numbers show that still over half the foreign nationals in the UK are from outside the EU, and of the European population a great number of them come from the 'older' EU nations like Germany and Ireland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

So why should the government be doing something only about EU migration?

No.. sorry.. that was one of the symptoms  .. the seeds for this started when we joined the common market 40 years ago.. the rulers set on a course without the consent of the people ..it was always going to come to this..they concealed the destination they wanted to take the countries of Europe  and the people could see and feel the effects of this deceit ..

And yet the numbers show that still over half the foreign nationals in the UK are from outside the EU, and of the European population a great number of them come from the 'older' EU nations like Germany and Ireland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

So why should the government be doing something only about EU migration?

Dunno mate, but I'm sure the out vote was based on EU migration. The fact that you included a Wikipedia link on the population of the UK shows that you could believe any statistic that that that is thrown at you. Those figures are wrong and we are being lied to and manipulated by what constitutes an official immigrant on a document that is in it's own words was outdated in 2014.   

Jobs weren't easy to come by when I left school it took me 6 months to find a job where I had to spend a year in a warehouse before I could apply for an apprenticeship and there was no financial support like there is now, we worked longer hours, 46 which included Saturday mornings than is normal now. 

I think the fact that when my parents divorced when I was 6 years old my brother and sister along with me were shuffled off to homes 100 miles away because there was again no financial support like there is now and I was one of the lucky ones who managed to avoid being physically or sexually abused like some of the 'inmates' an appropriate description because it was more akin to a borstal than a home.

Plus my elder brother had to serve 2 years enforced conscription which was hardly a Butlins Holiday camp.

Just a few examples that not everything was all smelling of roses.

the young uns today thas doesn't know thas born... i was brought up in shoe box on side of tut road.. and we got evicted from that..

Dunno mate, but I'm sure the out vote was based on EU migration. The fact that you included a Wikipedia link on the population of the UK shows that you could believe any statistic that that that is thrown at you. Those figures are wrong and we are being lied to and manipulated by what constitutes an official immigrant on a document that is in it's own words was outdated in 2014.   

No, I believe a statistic that comes from UN department of economic and social affairs, although I concede there could be some errors.

Why is it wrong, and if so where can I find the real statistics? Who is manipulating us and why are they doing it?

No.. sorry.. that was one of the symptoms  .. the seeds for this started when we joined the common market 40 years ago.. the rulers set on a course without the consent of the people ..it was always going to come to this..they concealed the destination they wanted to take the countries of Europe  and the people could see and feel the effects of this deceit ..

It did state that an EEC common market "of nine countries grew to twenty eight"

Archived