Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Makes me laugh this Scotland voted in so they should get what they voted for.

The UK voted out and they are in the UK. Its tough.

It's like Conservative Party winning and the North East of England saying nahhhh we voted for labour so we're getting labour

Also, why did Scotland actually vote in? I'm guessing they have few immigrants there. If they become independent in EU they will regret it big time.

because all of the money we pay to be in the EU 

in England we get about 50% of what we pay in back in grants etc.

In Scotland they get about 200% of what they pay in back in grants etc.

British newspapers’ portrayal of the European Union in the lead-up to the referendum on June 23 has likewise been negative. The Financial Times and The Guardian have backed the Remain campaign, but they have relatively small circulations and preach largely to the converted. The Times has been evenhanded, though it finally declared on June 18 that it favored staying in the European Union. But the biggest broadsheet (The Telegraph), the biggest midmarket paper (The Daily Mail) and the biggest tabloid (The Sun) have thrown themselves shamelessly behind Brexit.”

Why shamelessly? Why wasn't the Guardian or FT described as shamelessly behind remain?

This is such a left wing, elitist argument." I'm on the side of the people, the people didn't agree with me, therefore they've been brainwashed by the right wing media" Such conceit.

Why shamelessly? Why wasn't the Guardian or FT described as shamelessly behind remain?

This is such a left wing, elitist argument." I'm on the side of the people, the people didn't agree with me, therefore they've been brainwashed by the right wing media" Such conceit.

Same with the whole, '50% of the country is being screwed by the leavers' argument. So arrogant.

Erm, you read what I wrote?

Yeah, and I disagree. We tried reform from within. They said they will not negotiate any more, and they think they can accelerate stuff now we won't be meddling. Why be part of something that doesn't want you?

Some marriages are better off breaking, don't stay with her/him just for the kids.

you will never win any arguments with the Bremain camp they were right and every one else was wrong. 

It's just a shame we're ALL going to have to potentially go through years and years of shit before everyone will realise we were right all along.  :whistle:

It's just a shame we're ALL going to have to potentially go through years and years of shit before everyone will realise we were right all along.  :whistle:

Yep unfortunately everything that now goes wrong will be blamed on Brexit .... Ran out of dog food this morning, still it's all my own fault ... Probably rain later ..

Yep unfortunately everything that now goes wrong will be blamed on Brexit .... Ran out of dog food this morning, still it's all my own fault ... Probably rain later ..

Well why not? All the shit was blamed on being in the eu, so why not blame all out future ills on coming out.

Well why not? All the shit was blamed on being in the eu, so why not blame all out future ills on coming out.

Indeed - now the biggest scapegoat in the room has been removed who's going to take the flak for all of the country's problems now? Who will the media choose to blame next? 

I wonder just how bad things will get before people are willing to concede that they made the wrong choice? 

My guess is VERY bad. 

What if things don't get bad? Will you admit that you were wrong?

Can I just ask purely as I've not heard from anyone who is a leaver; Has anyone here been directly, negatively affected by the EU, because apart from maybe fishermen and quotas, I can't really think if any?

Archived