Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Yes, until about 10 years ago I used to bid for print contracts but could never fairly compete as printers from other countries were subsidised by EU grants

Did you bid for one?

Possibly. I also wonder how many Scottish or Irish nationalists voted 'out' to trigger the uncertainty we see now. Single issue referenda tend to attract people from so many wildly different positions.

No doubt , but as the votes from the Irish and Scottish  were pretty much overwhelmingly in favour of remain I was referring to the 'English' vote. 

Can anyone explain the difference between "real people, ordinary people, decent people" and "thick lazy chavs and filthy benefit scroungers"?

Both phrases seem to be used by right-wingers to refer to white working-class English people with little money and low social standing.

Are they "decent people" when they're voting Brexit or UKIP, but "thick lazy chavs" the rest of the time?  :whistle:

Yep unfortunately everything that now goes wrong will be blamed on Brexit .... Ran out of dog food this morning, still it's all my own fault ... Probably rain later ..

It's amazing isn't it 17 million people voted out (not me) but they are being dismissed as idiots

That's democracy for you

They should rename this the butt hurt thread for those that did not like the out come of a democratic referendum.

The amount of whining going on is tedious, thus I'm not bothering with this thread anymore in anyway.

They should rename this the butt hurt thread for those that did not like the out come of a democratic referendum.

The amount of whining going on is tedious, thus I'm not bothering with this thread anymore in anyway.

Or maybe it could be called the "I got my way because some people were too stupid to see they were being lied to by a giant blond child and a man who looks worryingly like the crazy frog and now I can't see why people who lost are pissed off thread"

I bid for loads. Ireland got the biggest EU rebaits. In the end I just moved companies into a different field of print

Hang on, so seeing as the EU still exists, we're just going to be leaving it, won't this still happen. You'll bid, but they'll still receive the help, so you'll still lose out. This is maybe something we could tackle and try and change as part of the EU, now we'll get no say in that.

Or maybe it could be called the "I got my way because some people were too stupid to see they were being lied to by a giant blond child and a man who looks worryingly like the crazy frog and now I can't see why people who lost are pissed off thread"

Why does it always come down to people apparently being "stupid" ?

Is the remain camp holier-than-thou ?

Why does it always come down to people apparently being "stupid" ?

Is the remain camp holier-than-thou ?

Tbh anyone who fell for Boris, Gove and Farage promising £350m a week to the NHS, when none of them are PM or chancellor and do not have the power to make that call, is a bit stupid, or ill-informed about their roles to say the least.

Guest MattP

No Webb they haven't.

It's exactly the reason why they lost the referendum in the first place; the snobbery of them thinking they are better than so many others is exactly why a lot of the people they claim to represent gave them a massive V sign last Thursday.

They won't change either, I thought this election might make a lot of them realise but of anything they are getting worse.

Tbh anyone who fell for Boris, Gove and Farage promising £350m a week to the NHS, when none of them are PM or chancellor and do not have the power to make that call, is a bit stupid, or ill-informed about their roles to say the least.

Because that can be the only reason why someone would want to vote leave ain't it

I suppose you feel the remain camp ran an honest campaign then

No Webb they haven't.

It's exactly the reason why they lost the referendum in the first place; the snobbery of them thinking they are better than so many others is exactly why a lot of the people they claim to represent gave them a massive V sign last Thursday.

They won't change either, I thought this election might make a lot of them realise but of anything they are getting worse.

You, like I told Webbo in another thread but I think he's got me ignore because I told him too many home truths, need to stop assuming everyone is as clued up as you. Like I said I that thread there are people on both side who have voted on merit, but there are some who voted on very spurious reason too. People believed those lies peddled above by Boris Farage and co, they didn't know they couldn't deliver. You did, I did, but many didn't. You might be right that some voted as big **** you, but you're being naive if you think some people haven't voted for something they didn't really understand. Stop assuming you speak for everyone who put an X in the bottom box.

Because that can be the only reason why someone would want to vote leave ain't it

I suppose you feel the remain camp ran an honest campaign then

It's not the only reason, but when that was front and centre of the campaign it's fair to say a lot will have voted on that premise.

You, like I told Webbo in another thread but I think he's got me ignore because I told him too many home truths, need to stop assuming everyone is as clued up as you. Like I said I that thread there are people on both side who have voted on merit, but there are some who voted on very spurious reason too. People believed those lies peddled above by Boris Farage and co, they didn't know they couldn't deliver. You did, I did, but many didn't. You might be right that some voted as big **** you, but you're being naive if you think some people haven't voted for something they didn't really understand. Stop assuming you speak for everyone who put an X in the bottom box.

Who knows flannel but for everyone that didn't really understand and voted out there was someone who didn't understand and voted in ... And for everyone that voted out as a @@@@ you there may well have been at least one who voted in because they were too scared by the prophets of doom to follow their instincts and vote out.

At some point we need to move on.

Jeez anyone would have thought we were all swigging champers every day with bowls of caviar by being in the EU , despite what naughty George would lead you to believe we are  trillions of pounds in debt, austerity measures all over the EU, 40% unemployment  for 18-25 year olds in Spain, Italy not much better, Greece being starved through austerity, the Euro a massive mistake, yep I can see clearly now why the remainers were so keen to stay, if only I would have opened my eyes up to the truth instead of listening to those awful Brexit lies, oh well I will have to live with my decision now this country has no hope.  

I doubt that's the reason he has you on ignore, it's more likely that you are unbearable half the time. Your seem to think it's your job to police the forum and get involved in the silliest of tit for tat with other posters. Don't get me wrong you raise some excellent well thought out points but I can see why someone might not think it's worth it.

Makes me laugh the people who say 'we love eu. We love Europe'. I say to them, if you love Europe so much and it's so great, then go and move to Greece or albania or somewhere. Its in Europe. You love Europe remember?

I doubt that's the reason he has you on ignore, it's more likely that you are unbearable half the time. Your seem to think it's your job to police the forum and get involved in the silliest of tit for tat with other posters. Don't get me wrong you raise some excellent well thought out points but I can see why someone might not think it's worth it.

Well someone got to pull people up their idiocy. If only there was a mod...........

Archived