Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Makes me laugh the people who say 'we love eu. We love Europe'. I say to them, if you love Europe so much and it's so great, then go and move to Greece or albania or somewhere. Its in Europe. You love Europe remember?

Albania isn't in the EU. 

Dear young Remainers.. 65yo+ knew rationing 75yo+ knew the Luftwaffe 90yo+ knew Panzers They didn't "steal your future", they gave you one

•  

90 year olds were born 8 years after WWI ended, 75 year olds were 4 when WWII ended, 65 year olds were 3 when rationing ended. I highly doubt they remember them.

Makes me laugh the people who say 'we love eu. We love Europe'. I say to them, if you love Europe so much and it's so great, then go and move to Greece or albania or somewhere. Its in Europe. You love Europe remember?

And what kind of response do you get? I'm thinking "what?"

I doubt that's the reason he has you on ignore, it's more likely that you are unbearable half the time. Your seem to think it's your job to police the forum and get involved in the silliest of tit for tat with other posters. Don't get me wrong you raise some excellent well thought out points but I can see why someone might not think it's worth it.

Actually I'm gonna reply to this property. No I don't think I police the forum, but like you say I try to make some well thought out points, so when i see Webbo rip into Carl for calling all leave voters racist after decribing one experience, or JTF make out the source of a picture had far reaching implementations to the debate, but then wouldn't answer why, don't you think that pisses me off. Maybe it shouldn't, but if I'm going to spend time reading what others put and taking my time to respond properly, I expect the regular posters at least, to do the same.

Dear young Remainers.. 65yo+ knew rationing 75yo+ knew the Luftwaffe 90yo+ knew Panzers They didn't "steal your future", they gave you one

•  

Ok fine, but this has little relevance to today's position and peoples geniune concern for the future. At the heart of most people's anger is the realisation there is no clear plan, it is just utter chaos. There are so many questions now, but very little answers and some of the answers that had been given prior to this appear a little hollow to say the least. Those fears will be helped a little if Johnson steps up and takes control and shows a vision.

Now we could go on arguing the merits of the vote and who was right or wrong etc... but I think a lot of people now are simply trying to establish what's going on, what's going to happen - if you'd like to put forward an opinion on what the key priorities in the short, medium and long are I'm all ears.

Otherwise, just remember that although there are many examples of bad losers on here and in other forums, there are also clear evidence of bad winners that are ignoring understandable concerns.

•  

giphy.gif

It's that sort of pathetic soundbite crap that people fell for. What a load of rubbish. 

Albania isn't in the EU. 

90 year olds were born 8 years after WWI ended, 75 year olds were 4 when WWII ended, 65 year olds were 3 when rationing ended. I highly doubt they remember them.

errr Luftwaffe and panzers were in WW2 .that finished in 1945 mate.. my uncle owen was torpedoed and sank twice he is 92 and voted leave.. my uncle jack fought in north africa  he is 91 his brother was killed in egypt.., you need to check you're history... my family in coventry were bombed to shit ..some of them are still alive..

giphy.gif

It's that sort of pathetic soundbite crap that people fell for. What a load of rubbish. 

Exactly. I've seen no end of posts referencing the war on Facebook as an argument to leave. This one was posted by an old family friend when it looked like remain would win before last Thursday. 

13512248_1145212438833800_33824850909840

There really are people who'll believe anything they see on youtube....

I'm gonna admit I didn't watch all 4 minutes 38 seconds of someone crying over nandos lol

It really wouldn't surprise me though these days if someone voted remain based on something like that lol

giphy.gif

this is way you lost mate.. plus the 16 /25 s  couldn't be bothered to get off their ares and vote...suck it up..

Exactly. I've seen no end of posts referencing the war on Facebook as an argument to leave. This one was posted by an old family friend when it looked like remain would win before last Thursday. 

13512248_1145212438833800_33824850909840

too fookin right... some of the clowns on here respect nothing..

errr Luftwaffe and panzers were in WW2 .that finished in 1945 mate.. my uncle owen was torpedoed and sank twice he is 92 and voted leave.. my uncle jack fought in north africa  he is 91 his brother was killed in egypt.., you need to check you're history... my family in coventry were bombed to shit ..some of them are still alive..

Panzer is a shortened version of the German word for tank (panzerkampfwagen) and the first german tank was in 1918. The Luftwaffe was indeed WWII, which is why 75 year olds, who wouldn't even have started school when the second world war ended (75 years ago was 1941, and as you've correctly noted, WWII ended 1945 - four years after 1941), wouldn't remember them. 

Brexit campaigner Nigel Evans says idea immigration will fall after EU referendum result a 'misunderstanding'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-immigration-uk-nigel-evans-eu-referendum-latest-news-what-will-happen-migrants-a7104021.html

What will be interesting is whether they will shut off the low skilled migration category. I'm in no doubt that contest to popular opinion, this country will need more short term migration to help provide a balance between the retired and working age population (something I mentioned in my posts prior to the vote).

But to be fair to the people on the Brexit side on this, if you listened to what they were saying towards the end, they weren't talking about lower migration - they were actually talking about opening up the system so it was broader and having that the key word 'control'. Those on the remain side didn't notice this until too late and only really started challenging the argument until after a lot of the postal votes had gone in.

We can only hope the number of intelligent people they let in post EU-exit starts to make up for some of the numbers of idiots we've already got here. 

Having said that, I'd imagine that coming to the UK is looking more and more like a shitty prospect as time goes on. You'd probably be better off staying in Syria the way we're headed.  :dry:

Hang on, so seeing as the EU still exists, we're just going to be leaving it, won't this still happen. You'll bid, but they'll still receive the help, so you'll still lose out. This is maybe something we could tackle and try and change as part of the EU, now we'll get no say in that.

Haha, yes sort of. I think what what happens is the stronger GDP countries contribute more so the EU can offset the money buy giving grants back to the poorer countries. As the economy strengthened in Eire the grants stopped and the country was asked to contribute more back. Extra grants were then given to Estonia, Slovenia ect. and right now it's probably Romania and Bulgaria.

I can't say I know much about Romania and Bulgaria but I don't think many countries buy from them. Out of the EU I guess it comes right down to import/export v's the strength of the pound which is better today than it was 2 weeks ago and much better than it was in February.

this is way you lost mate.. plus the 16 /25 s  couldn't be bothered to get off their ares and vote...suck it up..

too fookin right... some of clowns on here respect nothing..

Given the two world wars have been brought up already, meaning I can't be accused of Godwin's law, it's worth remember that one of the policies at the heart of the Nazi party that prompted their horrible acts was Lebensraum - borne by a feeling that there wasn't enough space for all of their people to live, a worrying similarity to what some people have said in this debate.

Given the two world wars have been brought up already, meaning I can't be accused of Godwin's law, it's worth remember that one of the policies at the heart of the Nazi party that prompted their horrible acts was Lebensraum - borne by a feeling that there wasn't enough space for all of their people to live, a worrying similarity to what some people have said in this debate.

I don't think we are going to gas all Polish immigrants anytime soon.

It's amazing isn't it 17 million people voted out (not me) but they are being dismissed as idiots

That's democracy for you

It's amazing because we KNOW there are at least 35 million idiots in the UK.

Archived