Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

I don't think we are going to gas all Polish immigrants anytime soon.

Genocide still happens in many places - I'm sure the citizens of Germany didn't expect they'd be gassing millions of Jewish people 'anytime soon' at the time Hitler was gathering political support but it happened. 

Also, don't discredit some of the cretins we have in groups such as EDL / Britain First / UKIP - there are plenty who I'm sure would advocate such atrocities given half a chance. 

Genocide still happens in many places - I'm sure the citizens of Germany didn't expect they'd be gassing millions of Jewish people 'anytime soon' at the time Hitler was gathering political support but it happened.

Also, don't discredit some of the cretins we have in groups such as EDL / Britain First / UKIP - there are plenty who I'm sure would advocate such atrocities given half a chance.

If you feel this strongly about it, why don't you move to a EU country and live in peace and harmony for the rest of your life ? You lost , get over it. We're coming out the EU, so quickly moved to Greece or Spain before it's too late

We can only hope the number of intelligent people they let in post EU-exit starts to make up for some of the numbers of idiots we've already got here. 

Having said that, I'd imagine that coming to the UK is looking more and more like a shitty prospect as time goes on. You'd probably be better off staying in Syria the way we're headed.  :dry:

Tone down the hyperbole - We've got a hell of a long way to go before staying in the vicinity of genocidal maniacs is a better choice.

EDL and Britain First will never gain any real power. UKIP are not a racist group just because they see immigration as a problem. Surely you don't believe mass genocide could happen in this country?

If you feel this strongly about it, why don't you move to a EU country and live in peace and harmony for the rest of your life ? You lost , get over it. We're coming out the EU, so quickly moved to Greece or Spain before it's too late

Yes yes, "if you don't like it then why don't you just leave" - that's the kind of measured response and solution I'd expect. 

I'll just hop on the next boat out of here with all the other immigrants.

:rolleyes:

We can only hope the number of intelligent people they let in post EU-exit starts to make up for some of the numbers of idiots we've already got here. 

Having said that, I'd imagine that coming to the UK is looking more and more like a shitty prospect as time goes on. You'd probably be better off staying in Syria the way we're headed.  :dry:

Surely you can't be Syri-as.

Tone down the hyperbole - We've got a hell of a long way to go before staying in the vicinity of genocidal maniacs is a better choice.

It was tongue in cheek mate but there are a lot of people who clearly haven't studied much in the way of history - it doesn't take a lot to start seeing history repeat itself. 

errr Luftwaffe and panzers were in WW2 .that finished in 1945 mate.. my uncle owen was torpedoed and sank twice he is 92 and voted leave.. my uncle jack fought in north africa  he is 91 his brother was killed in egypt.., you need to check you're history... my family in coventry were bombed to shit ..some of them are still alive..

Things become much clearer.

You do understand that if he is British moving to an EU country doesn't solve anything don't you? It's your nationality that matters not where you live.

Sadly this was always going to happen in the event of a leave vote, but expecting it doesn't make it any less depressing. What a grim country we're becoming. It's only going to get worse as well. Genocide won't happen but people being glassed because they're Italian should already be too much for any decent person.

Having said that, I'd imagine that coming to the UK is looking more and more like a shitty prospect as time goes on. You'd probably be better off staying in Syria the way we're headed:dry:

Oh the irony of that contribution

Goodnight everyone

Actually I'm gonna reply to this property. No I don't think I police the forum, but like you say I try to make some well thought out points, so when i see Webbo rip into Carl for calling all leave voters racist after decribing one experience, or JTF make out the source of a picture had far reaching implementations to the debate, but then wouldn't answer why, don't you think that pisses me off. Maybe it shouldn't, but if I'm going to spend time reading what others put and taking my time to respond properly, I expect the regular posters at least, to do the same.

Fair enough but sometimes it can be to the detriment of everyone else enjoyment here and I think it's only fair I point it out.

Fair enough but sometimes it can be to the detriment of everyone else enjoyment here and I think it's only fair I point it out.

Fair enough, I'll try and hold my tongue (or finger lol) at times.

You'll notice I have good discussions with you because your prepared to discuss, I only want the same from some others.

Because it's no longer an option.

Because it's no longer an option.

Not to mention the fact I quite enjoy living where I do and have things like a job and mortgage keeping me here.

Just because some people are intent on dragging us back to the dark ages - "just go and live somewhere else if you love the EU so much" isn't really a valid argument.

Smacks of "if you love X so much then why don't you just marry them" - kind of a childish argument really. 

Not long-term, it isn't.

We don't know, it depends on the exit deal. If you are thinking this is something you wanted and now can't do, actually now might be the best time. It will be easier you get a visa if you have lived and worked in a country for a decent amount of time.

Archived