Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

"There is no plan"

Faisal Islam and Anna Botting left speechless at the post-Brexit chaos in Westminster right now

Why are we asking people who are not in power what they have planned? What can they do, they aren't in power. Think about it for a moment. Farage when will the NHS get the 353 million pounds a week (leaving aside the fact it was not his promise or part of his campaign), he is not even an MP. :facepalm:

What I really don't get is on one hand they claim it was a leave vote based on disillusion with politicians in Westminster.

On the other there was this supposed belief that any fall in EU contributions would be made up by these same politicians everyone is disillusioned, who have talked nothing but austerity, cuts and budget deficit for years, making payments from saved EU contributions.

You only have to look at NI and Road Tax over the years to see how central government just swallows up money.

Cornwall, who voted leave, and the NFU, all I saw in the run up to the vote were whinging farmers, are now seeking assurances that EU funding will be covered by Westminster.

WTF??

Why are we asking people who are not in power what they have planned? What can they do, they aren't in power. Think about it for a moment. Farage when will the NHS get the 353 million pounds a week (leaving aside the fact it was not his promise or part of his campaign), he is not even an MP. :facepalm:

Yes they are they are the Tory party FFS lol

They are in power , but they are far more concerned with what's going on with the Tory party

This country is only months away from martial law !

They are in power , but they are far more concerned with what's going on with the Tory party

Which side are you actually on? 1 day you're a leaver next day you're predicting martial law.

Are you off the meds again paddy? Nobody on the vote leave or leave.eu is in any position to implement a plan any time soon.

What I really don't get is on one hand they claim it was a leave vote based on disillusion with politicians in Westminster.

On the other there was this supposed belief that any fall in EU contributions would be made up by these same politicians everyone is disillusioned, who have talked nothing but austerity, cuts and budget deficit for years, making payments from saved EU contributions.

You only have to look at NI and Road Tax over the years to see how central government just swallows up money.

Cornwall, who voted leave, and the NFU, all I saw in the run up to the vote were whinging farmers, are now seeking assurances that EU funding will be covered by Westminster.

WTF??

Yeah, it's the one's who voted out to stick it to Cameron and the establishment for all the austerity etc. Have basically kicked out Austerity 'lite' and put in the even more right wing Brexiters who will go 'Full' austerity with glee!

Enjoy that one!

Are you off the meds again paddy? Nobody on the vote leave or leave.eu is in any position to implement a plan any time soon.

They were all Tories ! Their PM is standing down !

So why the delay ??

Boris and Gove where are they ? Where is the plan ?

What are they going to do to prevent this country slipping into the abyss !

On Tuesday the EU plan on letting DC know that they will enact the article and we have no credible leadership

And the Tory party sits back pulling all the strings

With NO plan

Which side are you actually on? 1 day you're a leaver next day you're predicting martial law.

He's like the random bloke who sits in the corner of the pub ranting on his own but somehow weirdly knows all the answers to the Tuesday night quiz.

One of my biggest fears of a Leave vote was that those racists, xenophobes and bigots who attached themselves to the campaign would see it as a justification for being able to attack migrants, foreigners and even Brits of foreign descent; and unfortunately it already looks to be proving true.

I am British by birth, as is my entire family, however with my work and social group I have a huge affinity with Poland, and Central/Eastern Europe in general. Hearing of some of these attacks have even had me even worrying for my own safety.

I have a large number of close friends who are Polish, I follow the Polish football team, drink in Polish bars, and feel a strong connection with Poland. With Poland playing yesterday, I was going to wear my Poland shirt into the city centre before the game, but decided against it for fear of finding myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. I quite fancy heading for a beer to one of my favourite Polish bars, but now worry that there's a possibility that it could be targeted by yobs.

I may be being overly-dramatic, but at the moment I actually feel less-safe at the moment due to this than I ever have in regards to any Muslim extremism, or any other potential terror threat. I can only imagine how some of my friends and their families might be feeling.

I voted out. But my views for doing so are nothing to do with immigration.  I meet a lot of Polish people in my line of work. All are hard working, polite and trustworthy in fact never met a bad polish person. You have nothing to worry about.

So why the delay ??

On Tuesday the EU plan on letting DC know that they will enact the article and we have no credible leadership

With NO plan

Dave is still in charge, there is a process that has to be followed. Come on pal, article 50 hasn't even been triggered. Dave still hasn't gone. Why are people in hysterics, asking people who may or may not be in power, what the plan is. It's pathetic.

So why the delay ??

With NO plan

The EU cannot invoke article 50 only the country leaving can do that

obama's threats didn't work.. putin kept out of it...you can post what you want.. them are the facts..

Yeah, I mean Putins Russia is obviously more democratic than the USA because Obama spoke about the referendum. Nevermind the lack of an independent party system in Russia, the significant corruption and the limitation of movement of the Russians; Putin didn't talk about the referendum

I voted out. But my views for doing so are nothing to do with immigration. I meet a lot of Polish people in my line of work. All are hard working, polite and trustworthy in fact never met a bad polish person. You have nothing to worry about.

Trouble is it's not the sensible leavers that Polish or others going through this have to worry about.

Its the far right movements who have attached themselves to the leave campaign that are the problem.

I voted out. But my views for doing so are nothing to do with immigration.  I meet a lot of Polish people in my line of work. All are hard working, polite and trustworthy in fact never met a bad polish person. You have nothing to worry about.

From you at least.

If I think you're just shit stirring I'll have to suspend you.

Ok to be clear , I like many voted one way or another

And now the lies that informed our decision on the vote are flooding out

And opinions now have changed !

If this referendum was run again on Monday I suspect 60% of people would vote remain !

The situation is a mess and the lies of the leave camp are shocking !

People weren't informed enough and infact the vote itself was framed all wrong

The EU have to accept some responsibility for that

So no I'm not shit stirring , I'm just sad that this country was hoodwinked into the clutches of facist leading liars

I have colleagues and family who voted out, most, if not all, were also nothing to do with immigration, and I respect their (hopefully informed) decisions. However the Leave vote seems to have empowered these undesirables - for whom the vote was solely about immigration - to think that 52% of the country agree with their views, and therefore it is okay for them to threaten and harm foreigners.

As I said, I may be being over-dramatic, but I do have many worries about all of this.

Archived