Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but using the Express as a source regarding these matters is about the same as using Salon or The HuffPost the other way. Something a little more nuanced and with less of an edge, perhaps?

Erdogan is clearly a neo-Ottomanite. It's laughable that he thinks such an objective can be realised, though.

If that's his goal, his objects are readily achieveable if you consider population projections, increasing political influence, togetherness factors and the impact/increasing presence of Islamic philosophy all over Europe and elsewhere in recent years.

It's an entirely strategic plan, extremely far-reaching and quite brilliant in concept. 

Yeah, what a truly awful people...

56c49920587b0.png

I don't think they're awful people at all - certainly not those I've met myself recently. Quite the contrary. But the impact of so many people being potententially absorbed into already overstretched communities will only exacerbate existing problems and raise pressures still further.     

You might be a fan but I don't think you are going to get your way!

The Bank of England is ready to "find" another 250 Billion to prop up the country should it be needed. We've already pumped billions into the economy to keep it going and whilst I agree with your sentiment I'm not sure I would have the confidence in either our politicians or the overall banking system to just churn out money without a severe spike in inflation.

Wages would need to increase and just at this moment many companies are very edgy about spending money in the short and medium term until they see how this will all pan out. Everyone needs to hold their nerve but unfortunately I'm not sure they will.

Assume that means would not, but the point is that is how it works today.

Banks create money when they create a loan out of thin air.

between 1997-2007 private banks expanded the money supply by around 1.1 trillion, inflation was fine.

the real question is where do we want the profit to go, back into the economy, or into a bubble?

Private banks will always pick the bubble.

A government bank could issue the loan debt free and destroy it once it's paid back, or have a low rate of interest and put the profit back into the system, Inflation is when the money supply expands, the first part of my suggestion would leave the money supply at the same level it was once the loan is repaid, and the temporary boost of the supply of money would only boost economic activity. :)

Listening to DC on PMQ's right now and I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness and regret that he'll soon be off into the wilderness. I know he's got his faults but he's done a decent job over the last six years IMO. Good luck to him, and lets hope the next PM is up for the role..

I agree in some ways but he's made some silly mistakes these last few months.  

Imagine being in the EU with with some 76 million Turks joining. We would be flooded with them. Thank God we are out.

Do people still believe turkey are joining?

To join you've got to meet a number of human rights criteria (which turkey aren't after their recent clamping down on protestors) and negotiate 33 different articles - since their membership application being recognised 17 years ago they've managed to negotiate one of those articles, and several countries have blocked negotiations on a number of them taking place. At the current rate they might make it in by the middle of the 26th century, assuming all member states then agree to let them in (do you think Cyprus will?)

To join you've got to meet a number of human rights criteria (which turkey aren't after their recent clamping down on protestors) and negotiate 33 different articles - since their membership application being recognised 17 years ago they've managed to negotiate one of those articles, and several countries have blocked negotiations on a number of them taking place. At the current rate they might make it in by the middle of the 26th century, assuming all member states then agree to let them in (do you think Cyprus will?)

Is there not meant to a big debate in European parliament about fast tracking them in?

Aside from the human rights ones, they would fail on economic criteria too, but then again so did Greece before Goldman Sachs fiddled with their finances to fast track them in too. 

I expect they will join within the next 5-10 years to be honest, EU want it. 

Another one of the bullshit lies that leave told, that unfortunately will be seen as a fact by a lot of people. I had a few on my facebook thinking that Turkey would join in October.  You only have to go to mainland Turkey to see how far away they are from joining the EU. 

When Europe wants to effect something you can be pretty sure it will happen. Indeed it's already starting to happen. Apologies for shooting down the Russian jet, and all-but friends with Israel again! As already mentioned,  it's not likely to be coincidence. I wonder what odds the bookies are offering!   

When Europe wants to effect something you can be pretty sure it will happen. Indeed it's already starting to happen. Apologies for shooting down the Russian jet, and all-but friends with Israel again! As already mentioned,  it's not likely to be coincidence. I wonder what odds the bookies are offering!   

lol

You'll be dead before Turkey is a member of the EU. 

£ at 31 year low against $.

Col get ready for your petrol price rise. (still that'll be more tax for the govt.)

£ at 31 year low against $.

Col get ready for your petrol price rise. (still that'll be more tax for the govt.)

Time to bring on electric cars. Or motorised snowboards! Who needs Audis and Mercs anyway! :D   

Archived