Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Time to bring on electric cars. Or motorised snowboards! Who needs Audis and Mercs anyway! :D

Yeah with our booming pound brand new electric cars are pretty affordable! Oh, hang on.....

Guest Col city fan

This rise in racist attacks since the decision over Europe shows just how many fookin berks their are in this country.

The general wallyness of some people, it appears, literally knows no bounds.

We're off to Disney Florida in August I nearly decided to get my dollars a few weeks ago to save the hassle nearer the time. I think the rate was around 1.50 then and what is it now - 1.30? 

Reckon that decision has cost me about £200. Nice one  :thumbup:

Do people think the tories and labour are no longer valid political parties? 

We had 2 of the main political parties campaigning for IN yet the people who vote for them voted OUT.  It seems the split Tory party has lost the confidence of their voters and Labour has lost the working class which was always at the heart of their party.

The EU will lose our 70 million people and gain Turkey's 77 million with what i believe will be very fast tracking.

Quite a potential impact that... 70m free-moving Turks and all that potential trade.

Turkey will be at one end of Europe and The Netherlands at the other.

How appropriate it will be for Amsterdam to have the "most beautiful" mosque in Europe at the opposite end to the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul.

Once admitted to the EU, Turkey will also be entitled to the second most European Parliamentary representatives behind Germany and would overtake them by 2020, when their population passes 90million. I wonder if Germany will miss us! :D But, whatever it will keep Christian church and chapel architects busy for a while but they'll sure do well to keep up because Erdogan is a doer, there's no question about that as this article from May 2016 indicates..

Erdogan’s passion for building mosques in Europe

INN ^ | Saturday, May 14, 2016 10:46 PM | Giulio Meotti

Posted on 5/16/2016, 9:40:18 AM by Olog-hai)

Recep Tayyip Erdogan has a great passion for mosques. Since he took power in Turkey, Mr. Erdogan has built 17,000 Islamic prayer sites.

The largest in the world stands on the Camlica Hill, dominating the Asian side of Istanbul, where the East, in the words of Cocteau, extends to Europe “its old bejeweled hand”.

The Turkish president is committed to the construction of mosques in European capitals as well.

rdogan seeks to create the image of an Islamic civilization on the rise once again with the Turks acting as the vanguard of this revival.

Ten mosques have been financed by the Turks abroad, from Mali to Moscow; five of them in the past year. Ten more are in the planning stage, including one in Cambridge, UK. As revealed by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung recently, Turkey controls 900 mosques in Germany.

This is just hysterical scaremongering, fueled by your obvious anti-Muslim sentiments.

For Turkey to join the EU would require unanimous acceptance by all states. Cyprus and Greece would veto that because of the Turkish occupation of Northern Cyprus.

We're off to Disney Florida in August I nearly decided to get my dollars a few weeks ago to save the hassle nearer the time. I think the rate was around 1.50 then and what is it now - 1.30? 

Saved you £200?

This rise in racist attacks since the decision over Europe shows just how many fookin berks their are in this country.

The general wallyness of some people, it appears, literally knows no bounds.

Couldn't agree more. 

This is just hysterical scaremongering, fueled by your obvious anti-Muslim sentiments.

For Turkey to join the EU would require unanimous acceptance by all states. Cyprus and Greece would veto that because of the Turkish occupation of Northern Cyprus.

We'll soon see. I'm sure there'll be official odds around somewhere.

As for your first sentence I've made it perfectly clear what I think on countless occasions about anyone using religion to gain power and control over people.

If that's not the case, I have no problem with any faith.

Indeed, in different circumstances, I might happily have married a Muslim girl.         

If you are in the EU you pay your monthly bill and abide by the rules one of which is free movement.

When we have left the EU we will pay an agreed tariff to remain trading within the common market (which will probably be exactly the same amount) and negotiate on the rules one of which is free movement. Just like Norway do.

Yes I understand this. What im wondering is WHY is this a rule? Why not free trade and no movement. What is the theory behind havinf to have free movement with free trade

When Europe wants to effect something you can be pretty sure it will happen. Indeed it's already starting to happen. Apologies for shooting down the Russian jet, and all-but friends with Israel again! As already mentioned, it's not likely to be coincidence. I wonder what odds the bookies are offering!

Because if you want into the EU, good relations with Russia are important?

£ rising ? It better and soon. This afternoon my boss put my costings up a few percent and said next it will be a 10% price increase to my customers. It was like he was personally and vindictively attacking me. I've pretty much ensured the guy will retire a multi millionaire. 

I doubt in 10 years he will be thinking about me whilst in his Bermuda holiday home on the phone to Harvard to ensure his kids education. That's the thing with financial uncertainty, only the rich panic. I haven't really got anything to lose apart from one of the pennies I'm rubbing together.

Yeah with our booming pound brand new electric cars are pretty affordable! Oh, hang on.....

My oldest reckons his all-electric car will save him thousands of pounds over a relatively short time and there are plenty of far cheaper electrics or hybrids which ought to save money in similar fashion,  especially if you're in business. 

https://www.ecarni.com/incentives-for-business

I think the word "racist" is used far too often on people who certainly are not. It appears to be used as the norm, for people who are worried about the numbers of immigrants that we take. Racism, has nothing to do with the issue.

So, all you numb nuts who forever use this phrase so flippantly, try using your little grey cells, if you have any that is.

We'll soon see. I'm sure there'll be official odds around somewhere.

As for your first sentence I've made it perfectly clear what I think on countless occasions about anyone using religion to gain power and control over people.

If that's not the case, I have no problem with any faith.

Indeed, in different circumstances, I might happily have married a Muslim girl.

I agree completely with you regarding religion. But you are allowing it to colour your judgement. Turkey will not be allowed to join in the foreseeable future, for reasons I've already given. Also, as The Doctor(?) pointed out, there is also the question of their Human Rights record, which shows no signs of improvement.

The whole Turkish issue is just one big red herring.

When Europe wants to effect something you can be pretty sure it will happen. Indeed it's already starting to happen. Apologies for shooting down the Russian jet, and all-but friends with Israel again! As already mentioned, it's not likely to be coincidence. I wonder what odds the bookies are offering!

Much more likely that both of these things are due to American pressure. 1) Israel enjoys a unique relationship with the Yanks, and 2) the Yanks fear being dragged into a war it doesn't want in defence of Turkey because of the NATO membership treaty.

Because if you want into the EU, good relations with Russia are important?

Quite possibly when gas piped through Turkey and missing Russia may well be a bargaining counter in the EU negotiations and it serves to keep the Russians sweet,  plus other potential factors on the same subject.  https://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20090317_turkey_and_russia_rise

It's currently 1.32 Week ago it was 1.46, 2 weeks ago was 1.41 the last time it was 150.0 was in December last year apart from a 15 min spell last Thursday

Archived