Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

On the topic of immigration:  is anyone else concerned about the damage this will do to England's team selection for rugby and cricket?  :P

This whole thing is an absolute shambles, and will continue to be for ages.

Brexit campaigners pandering for votes on ridiculous promises with seemingly no plan whatsoever for how the country will run, hence backtracking on their statements on spending and immigration.

Voters voting without any idea whatsoever of the implications of their vote, and voting without any idea of what they were voting for.

Government totally unprepared for the effect of a leave vote.

Being congratulated by the likes of Donald Trump and Le Pen, extremists who we should be distanced from.

The economy being systematically ruined by people who now want to basically keep all the good bits of the EU anyway

Absolute gash

My oldest reckons his all-electric car will save him thousands of pounds over a relatively short time and there are plenty of far cheaper electrics or hybrids which ought to save money in similar fashion,  especially if you're in business. 

https://www.ecarni.com/incentives-for-business

Definitely not the case for hybrids by the way unless you are just doing city driving. Fuel efficiency is not as good as it is cracked up to be, very expensive to buy in the first place and serious issues with battery disposal after car is finished. The battery can only be used at speeds of around 28mph and lasts for around 5 mins  absolute maximum.

Definitely not the case for hybrids by the way unless you are just doing city driving. Fuel efficiency is not as good as it is cracked up to be, very expensive to buy in the first place and serious issues with battery disposal after car is finished. The battery can only be used at speeds of around 28mph and lasts for around 5 mins  absolute maximum.

Yes, so I've heard and the miles per charge in my son's Tesla is overstated in that it only goes around 140/150 miles with normal driving compared with the stated claim of around 220/230 miles so there's a good bit of politician speak in the advertising. There's one other snag. Acceleration is so ridiculously fast - the Tesla's like an aircraft taking off - but it easily amasses speeding points!

All that said the technology's advancing fast, the charging points are now widespread, there's a lot more competition in the market place and most seem to be agreed that petrol/diesel cars will be outmoded very swiftly.      

Guest MattP

This European parliament sitting is hilarious.

Juncker being heckled and laughed at by Eurosceptics.

France I think.

Farage due to speak soon, live on British parliament channel for anyone interested.

I'm at work I can't watch unfortunately, any chance of a brief summary when it's done Matt?

France have elections coming soon don't they? what about the Dutch, they've been toying with eurosceptism for years?

This whole thing is an absolute shambles, and will continue to be for ages.

Brexit campaigners pandering for votes on ridiculous promises with seemingly no plan whatsoever for how the country will run, hence backtracking on their statements on spending and immigration.

Voters voting without any idea whatsoever of the implications of their vote, and voting without any idea of what they were voting for.

Government totally unprepared for the effect of a leave vote.

Being congratulated by the likes of Donald Trump and Le Pen, extremists who we should be distanced from.

The economy being systematically ruined by people who now want to basically keep all the good bits of the EU anyway

Absolute gash

I agree with some of this but, far from blaming the Brexit voters, think it totally irresponsible of Cameron calling a referendum if there was no genuinely prepared  alternative in the offing.

But your comments still ignore the crucial point that half the population has had enough of being ignored and enough of the country being changed beyond recognition and not always for the better.

We can survive with our independence, we can prosper and we can maintain a land fit to live in with sensible policies and an end to the idiocy of free movement and uncontrolled immigration.

But, even now, it is plainly clear that no-one's prepared to listen or act to appease the situation - either in the EU or here at home - and yet  change is imperative.

And, before you wonder, that change is as important for most of the incomers already here as for the rest of the population.

And not just in the UK either.

The whole free-movement philosophy (and more) has to change or be modified (on a numerical/need/suitability basis) but then it's been said countless times.

Yet the lame excusing of free movement continues and gets repeated constantly by those who are clearly unprepared to accept the clear, democratic vote of millions of people and the vast majority of different areas in this country.

I didn't ever want power and sovereignty handed over to Europe or many of the other consequences of EU membership that have been stealthily foisted upon us. I wanted a co-operative, mutually beneficial trading market.  

I thought she spoke well in the debate and could well be the best for the job. We certainly need a leader who believes in the task and who can restore some trust in people. I hope she can hack it if she gets the chance.     

lol Farage giving it both barrels at the moment.

He began and ended to a chorus of boos and cheers. Requesting that we all behave like adults and create leaving deals like adults, despite the fact half of the room will have no idea and have never had a real job in their lives.

I'm still listening to the ongoings now, so can't think straight enough to type out the whole thing right now, but I'm sure Matt will add to it in a moment.

https://news.vice.com/video/leave-voters-are-willing-to-give-up-access-to-the-eu-market-to-stop-immigration

The people of Clacton-on-Sea come up with a resounding Leave vote because of immigration yet is one of the areas least effected by immigration in the UK. 

Total delusion.  :rolleyes:

"You don't see English cafes anymore." 

Pfft. 

Its alright to belittle the immigration issue daz but this is probably the main reason why we are in this position.  Without immigration worries I doubt we would have voted out. A lot of people see this as a big problem and you have to respect that.  Personally I've spoken to the Asian man in the Kebab shop in Leicester who is livid cus the Romanian gang over the road are intimidating his customers,  to people in East Anglia who are fed up seeing all the tents along side the road of their city, filled with people who eat all the fish in the river and have also eaten all the swans.  I've also been inside Thetford Forest with the Forestry Commission and seen massive 'communities' of immigrants that should not be there.   The stench from the garbage and human waste is disgusting ....   bottles, condoms and sh1t everywhere.   Apparently nothing can be done.  This is just a microcosm of what is out there and so many people have their own stories to tell.  Others just read the papers and see all the lovely pictures of Calais which plays on their fears. Do you think these people worried about our credit rating dropping when they voted ??   The fact is if the people in charge of this country had done something about this, or at least had attempted to, we would not be in this situation.   Rightly or wrongly this is where we are and I just hope someone can sort the fvckin mess out.    One thing is for sure though ...   we really all need to pull together or things could get worse.

Italy banks are in real trouble  they will need a massive injection of cash if the system over there is not to collapse in the coming months...

It's a Joke,

EU country@ "We have too much debt how do we fix this??"

EU: "More debt with more Austerity to fund it"

I agree with some of this but, far from blaming the Brexit voters, think it totally irresponsible of Cameron calling a referendum if there was no genuinely prepared  alternative in the offing.

Agree with this, but the point being the EU have such a massive hold on our country at present whether it is through directives, trade deals, legislations, laws etc etc,

there would never have been a full exit plan in place.

We will get it right in the end, not sure why most people are panicking so much.

Watching the European Parliament throw it's toys out of the pram. Their bullying and threats continue. Feel better about voting out of this shocking thing every day.

The EU would be such a great idea if it was not about being undemocratic and capitalist to it's core.

they are so egotistical in the way they run the whole project, drives me insane.

If we genuinely get the right government in, the UK could be a pillar for future union, the EU is a failed project.

Let's build the foundations for our own.

"I want things to be conducted in a grown up way... so let me start by calling you all names".

He's playing to the gallery here. Specifically the English voters gallery. He's worried about becoming an irrelevance so ramps up the saloon bar demagoguery to the max hoping it'll win him favour with an electorate that may quickly grow sceptical of him. Fair play to the guy, it seems to work with a lot of people.

"I want things to be conducted in a grown up way... so let me start by calling you all names".

He's playing to the gallery here. Specifically the English voters gallery. He's worried about becoming an irrelevance so ramps up the saloon bar demagoguery to the max hoping it'll win him favour with an electorate that may quickly grow sceptical of him. Fair play to the guy, it seems to work with a lot of people.

Enjoyed the comment about him being for the 'working man' yet having an offshore account. Hope that one sticks. The flag waving, nonsense talking cvnt

Guest MattP

I'm at work I can't watch unfortunately, any chance of a brief summary when it's done Matt?

France have elections coming soon don't they? what about the Dutch, they've been toying with eurosceptism for years?

As Darkon said, whole thing was almost a pantomine, the whole place booing and jeering like children as he spoke lol

Opened up saying that 17 years ago he stood there as he he was first elected and he was laughed at by people for saying he'd lead Britain out of the European Union, says he looks across now and sees exactly the same faces looking at him now and they certainly aren't laughing any more.

Went on a huge rant about the whole project and how it's so out of touch with the people, the fact they thought they could bully Britain leaving showed how little that know, accused no one in the parliament of ever having had a real job or done a proper days work in their life.

Finally appealed for calm and said we need to be grown up, tariffs on trade would be a disaster for Britain and Germany and that they shouldn't allow thousands of Europeans to be layed off just to get back at Britain.

One reason I wanted to leave this thing was Guy Verhofstadt, this man must be the most arrogant man in politics, so sure in his own opinion yet manages to get everything wrong, started shouting at one point claiming we'll be a dual kingdom within five years as Northern Ireland and Scotland are guaranteed to go, six months ago he was shouting at Farage telling him he'll be useless soon as the British people will vote with a huge majority to stay in Europe, he's so typical of a modern European left winger, educated, went to university, thinks he knows it all but in reality knows absoutely fcuk all.

Despite her controversial politics I can see why Marie Le Pen is picking up so mnay votes, excellent speaker and something very attractive about her, gave a nice speech after Farage about how the British have given millions across the continent liberty and hope, someone has managed to escape the organisation no one was supposed to be ever allowed be.

Archived