Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Guest MattP

Also forgot he reminded them of 2005 when Holland and France rejected the Lisbon treaty yet they pushed it through the back door anyway. When you behave like that how do you expect people to respond?

Not a surprise two countries now most likely to be next.

lol Farage giving it both barrels at the moment.

He began and ended to a chorus of boos and cheers. Requesting that we all behave like adults and create leaving deals like adults, despite the fact half of the room will have no idea and have never had a real job in their lives.

I'm still listening to the ongoings now, so can't think straight enough to type out the whole thing right now, but I'm sure Matt will add to it in a moment.

EU parliament.... they could not listen they did not know how... perhaps they'll listen now..

Also forgot he reminded them of 2005 when Holland and France rejected the Lisbon treaty yet they pushed it through the back door anyway. When you behave like that how do you expect people to respond?

Not a surprise two countries now most likely to be next.

Brilliant, I would love another big country to pull out.

Guest MattP

I really hope so, said a few days ago she would be my choice, Boris has sh*t his nest,  Theresa May no thanks, get on was 16-1 yesterday.  

I'm on at 33/1 after the first EU ref debate, although still a long shot and small bet.

It would be great if the Tories has two female leaders before Labour had even had one as well.

I'm on at 33/1 after the first EU ref debate, although still a

It would be great if the Tories has two female leaders before Labour had even had one as well.

Fingers crossed then Matt, history suggests the fav never wins.

Farage angling for a post-politics job in negotiating skills training.

It's not helpful and I hope it won't be representative of those who oversee our leaving and our future relationship with Europe which in my view should be essentially positive, constructive and friendly.

Nor do I think we should involve ourselves in talk about others leaving. The decisions of others countries are down to them and not for us to predict or influence.     

Has the leave letter gone off yet? Because I'm sick of hearing the apologists for the blinkered, bullying, dictatorial, self-servers of the European heirarchy. Lets start now to build something better, something which values key freedoms and the rights of everyone to enjoy those freedoms. Something which acts in the interests of those freedoms and where listening to ideas and concerns is a part of everyday practice. A place principled by "What is Fair" and protects that principle at every turn. 

not sure that exhibition will go down well in scotland ..they like us are a proud people....they just saw a glimpse of the future.. 

How "patriotic" to infer that the French, Germans, Italians, Greeks are not proud people.

How "patriotic" to infer that the French, Germans, Italians, Greeks are not proud people.

i'm sure the Greeks feel really proud at the moment..their life expectancy has just gone down for the first time in 70 years.. the french are very patriotic.. marine le pen's party got 40% of the vote their last election..  one thing the EU never understood about the british is we don't like being threatened or bullied..that is why obama's intervention was so counter productive..

"I want things to be conducted in a grown up way... so let me start by calling you all names".

He's playing to the gallery here. Specifically the English voters gallery. He's worried about becoming an irrelevance so ramps up the saloon bar demagoguery to the max hoping it'll win him favour with an electorate that may quickly grow sceptical of him. Fair play to the guy, it seems to work with a lot of people.

I was just about to post exactly this - embarrassing, arrogant and stupid considering our position. A fucking fool.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/who-s-laughing-now-farage-in-incredible-victory-speech-in-eu-parliament-after-brexit-vote-a3282706.html

Quite frankly embarrassing - how anyone can be proud that they've set this wheel in motion is ****ing beyond me. 

By falling for his lies, you've voted for and given this silly, self-serving, joke of a man an even bigger ego.

Conducting himself like a child in front of politicians from around the world and getting laughed at.

Properly cringe-worthy.

Well done guys. This is what you voted for. :blink:  

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/who-s-laughing-now-farage-in-incredible-victory-speech-in-eu-parliament-after-brexit-vote-a3282706.html

Quite frankly embarrassing - how anyone can be proud that they've set this wheel in motion is ****ing beyond me. 

By falling for his lies, you've voted for and given this silly, self-serving, joke of a man an even bigger ego.

Conducting himself like a child in front of politicians from around the world and getting laughed at.

Properly cringe-worthy.

Well done guys. This is what you voted for. :blink:  

You're not happy, we get it. Can you move on now because all the moaning in the world isn't going to change it.

You're not happy, we get it. Can you move on now because all the moaning in the world isn't going to change it.

But are you happy with that speech Webbo? Is that what you voted for? Are you proud to see Farage standing up there addressing those people like a child with his little flag on the desk? Is that the image of Great Britain you want? 

Or do you watch it, and watch the value of the pound collapsing and have the slightest inkling, a bit of a gut feeling that maybe this whole Leave thing isn't looking as amazing as they had you believe?

But are you happy with that speech Webbo? Is that what you voted for? Are you proud to see Farage standing up there addressing those people like a child with his little flag on the desk? Is that the image of Great Britain you want? 

Or do you watch it, and watch the value of the pound collapsing and have the slightest inkling, a bit of a gut feeling that maybe this whole Leave thing isn't looking as amazing as they had you believe?

We all knew there was going to be a shock to the financial system if we voted out. As for the rest, I don't care.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/im-so-scared-now-german-woman-hit-by-xenophobia-calls-james-in-tears-132971

Does that make you feel good about Leave winning? 

JTF claims that all of this was going on prior to the referendum result but according to this Sky report hate crime reports to Police are up 57%.

http://news.sky.com/story/1718374/hate-crime-reports-up-57-percent-in-brexit-aftermath

Is that good? Should we all just shut up and 'move on' whilst that's going on?

Or do you just 'not care'?

It's not the image we want, I agree.

But it's the Image the entire EU organisation gives of itself.

The pound will bounce back, stop sucking up the propaganda, Markets are being markets, Greedy.

the FTSE has come back 140 points today and is only about 80 points from it's point 5 days ago, The £ will do the same once the greedy banks and market traders want more profit.

Archived