Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/im-so-scared-now-german-woman-hit-by-xenophobia-calls-james-in-tears-132971

Does that make you feel good about Leave winning? 

JTF claims that all of this was going on prior to the referendum result but according to this Sky report hate crime reports to Police are up 57%.

http://news.sky.com/story/1718374/hate-crime-reports-up-57-percent-in-brexit-aftermath

Is that good? Should we all just shut up and 'move on' whilst that's going on?

Or do you just 'not care'?

Reports are up, does that mean incidents are going up? I don't know. I can't imagine people have totally changed their personalities because of the referendum.

Obviously I don't condone any violence, racist or otherwise but that's not what we voted for.

Yeah, Farage's comments are great for the "stick it up the Krauts, he's backing Britain" banter brigade. But for those of us in the real world who would actually like to see a decent settlement for our future now the decision's been made, it's pretty fvcking worrying behaviour.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/im-so-scared-now-german-woman-hit-by-xenophobia-calls-james-in-tears-132971[/lurl]

JTF claims that all of this was going on prior to the referendum result but according to this Sky report hate crime reports to Police are up 57%.

[url=http://news.sky.com/story/1718374/hate-crime-reports-up-57-percent-in-brexit-aftermath]http://news.sky.com/story/1718374/hate-crime-reports-up-57-percent-in-brexit-aftermath

It will get worse once the knuckle-draggers and mouth-breathers realize that immigration will continue as before and no one is 'going home'.

The Leave campaign was all based around a lie.

You're not happy, we get it. Can you move on now because all the moaning in the world isn't going to change it.

I'd hope all the moaning in the world would change it? Arent we supposed to be living in a much more effective democracy now?

Your attitude to this is very similar to your attitude towards Hodgson prior to last night. You complained about people being unhappy, just told them to be quiet, that we'd see how things went, and as expected it all went to absolute shit. People will moan and complain when they can see things going to shit. Trying to stop them just seems like denial to me.

Reports are up, does that mean incidents are going up? I don't know. I can't imagine people have totally changed their personalities because of the referendum.

Obviously I don't condone any violence, racist or otherwise but that's not what we voted for.

I believe this is called the The Law of Unintended Consequences.

Same personalities but people think they can say these things out loud now without reprimand or consequence. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/brexit-sima-kotecha-bbc-journalist-basingstoke-a7106951.html

How about that one? 

You might not have voted for violence, racism of otherwise but as a by-product of a Leave win it's clearly enabled people. 

So you're alright Webbo - nothing against you mate, but I'm not going to shut-up and 'move on' because whether it's changeable or not, the country is in a disgusting place as of last Friday and I'm just as free to vocalise my distaste for that as you or anyone else is to vocalise their happiness at getting what they wanted. 

I'd hope all the moaning in the world would change it? Arent we supposed to be living in a much more effective democracy now?

Your attitude to this is very similar to your attitude towards Hodgson prior to last night. You complained about people being unhappy, just told them to be quiet, that we'd see how things went, and as expected it all went to absolute shit. People will moan and complain when they can see things going to shit. Trying to stop them just seems like denial to me.

I don't think I told anyone to be quiet. My complaint was against people laughing when we conceded and hoping that we got beat.

I believe this is called the The Law of Unintended Consequences.

So what are we supposed to do? Not vote for any change just in case some racist attacks occur?

Same personalities but people think they can say these things out loud now without reprimand or consequence. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/brexit-sima-kotecha-bbc-journalist-basingstoke-a7106951.html

How about that one? 

You might not have voted for violence, racism of otherwise but as a by-product of a Leave win it's clearly enabled people. 

So you're alright Webbo - nothing against you mate, but I'm not going to shut-up and 'move on' because whether it's changeable or not, the country is in a disgusting place as of last Friday and I'm just as free to vocalise my distaste for that as you or anyone else is to vocalise their happiness at getting what they wanted. 

What do you want me say? I'm sorry that there are racist twats in the world, but I'm not sorry I voted out.

What do you want me say? I'm sorry that there are racist twats in the world, but I'm not sorry I voted out.

I'm not asking you to apologise for anything - but don't tell me to 'move on' and expect me to fall in line with this decision just because 'it's been made and there's nothing we can do'. 

I'll be ****ed if I'm jumping on board this embarrassing shit-wagon that currently has our economy going down the toilet, people being racist toward one another in the street and people like Farage talking on behalf of 'British people' (including me) like a total **** in front of the world. 

I'm having **** all to do with - not happy to be associated with any of it at all. So I'll continue to shout my displeasure from the roof-tops until the cows come home. 

So what are we supposed to do? Not vote for any change just in case some racist attacks occur?

Certainly not, but given all this has happened perhaps The Powers That Be might, just might, be inclined to have a better strategy for anticipating and dealing with the fallout the next time a vote this divisive rolls round.

Of course, it's possible that such a shiteshow as we are experiencing now could never have been avoided, whatever the result or preparation.

Guest MattP

First off I'm not surprised Farage decided to have a go, the abuse he's received in that place for 17 years has been appalling at times.

Also, if you seriously think his comments are going to have any effect on negotiations you are mad. These are serious things that will probably take years, they aren't going to be thinking about a Farage speech in May next year when discussing trade tariffs.

But are you happy with that speech Webbo? Is that what you voted for? Are you proud to see Farage standing up there addressing those people like a child with his little flag on the desk? Is that the image of Great Britain you want? 

Or do you watch it, and watch the value of the pound collapsing and have the slightest inkling, a bit of a gut feeling that maybe this whole Leave thing isn't looking as amazing as they had you believe?

I can't imagine many people being happy with the speech - it made me cringe. Yes, i can imagine Farage being extremely proud in seeing such a widespread victory for the Leave campaign he has so passionately championed and been ridiculed for his optimism in championing.

But I've been a sportsman most of my life and there's much to be said for modesty and humility in victory and magnanimity in defeat. For me Farage let himself down, and not for the first time.

Wanting and striving to regain our independence, for the right to shape our own future within our own laws and seeking to defend the freedoms we've loved, enjoyed and fought for over the years is a commendable thing but having the bad manners to mock our long-term friends and associates is unnecessary and counter productive and I hope people don't think that Farage is the face of those "Leave" voters because he's no more the face than thugs at a match are the face of football fans.

When I say I want to remain friendly and supporting of our neighbours in Europe I mean it sincerely. Disagreeing with certain philosophies and attitudes is totally different from the sort of taunting Farage indulged in, which was rude, uncalled for and totally lacking in class.

He should apologise at the first opportunity.             

First off I'm not surprised Farage decided to have a go, the abuse he's received in that place for 17 years has been appalling at times.

Also, if you seriously think his comments are going to have any effect on negotiations you are mad. These are serious things that will probably take years, they aren't going to be thinking about a Farage speech in May next year when discussing trade tariffs.

I doubt the rest of Europe will be cutting of it's nose to spite it's face when it comes to trade talks but you can't genuinely think that his stance, comparisons to Nazi Germany in the campaign etc. won't have any effect?

Couldn't the stupid cvnt at least wait until we'd got some agreement sorted and signed before deciding to gob off though. A couple more years holding your tongue is hardly a stretch in the context of him achieving a lifetime's ambition is it?

A bit of tact in these concerning times wouldn't have gone amiss...

There's a reason Farage has been excluded from the EU-exit deal committee and that's because he's a ****ing idiot. His ability to wind-up and antagonise his target audience for the leave-vote is no longer required as that has been achieved and Johnson and Gove clearly see no use for a man who will stand up in front of elected members of the EU and talk like that. You say nobody will remember his speech - yes, they will. People don't forget stand-out, outstanding idiots like Farage. He's accused an entire room of intelligent, elected people that they've 'never done a job in their life'. That soundbite will stick with them for plenty of time. 

Unless he is quietened he will undoubtedly diminish the chances of getting even a semi-reasonable trade deal - especially saying things like "no deal is better than the deal we have now".

You're all living in ****ing dreamland if you think we're going to get anything close to a bespoke deal where we have access to the single-market without free-movement, especially with Farage shouting his mouth off like that. 

I'm not asking you to apologise for anything - but don't tell me to 'move on' and expect me to fall in line with this decision just because 'it's been made and there's nothing we can do'. 

I'll be ****ed if I'm jumping on board this embarrassing shit-wagon that currently has our economy going down the toilet, people being racist toward one another in the street and people like Farage talking on behalf of 'British people' (including me) like a total **** in front of the world. 

I'm having **** all to do with - not happy to be associated with any of it at all. So I'll continue to shout my displeasure from the roof-tops until the cows come home. 

Would you have been griping if the decision had been to Remain? I don't think so! 

What you're doing is confirming my long-held belief that democracy doesn't change the fact that a majority can vote for something but it doesn't make it right (whatever I or any other Leavers think) and it certainly doesn't change the views of those who voted against.

What it does do, in a democracy, is allow the winning view to prevail, or it should do.

Because, should it not prevail, we no longer have a democracy.

A second referendum doesn't come into it.

That's just like voting again til a particular view prevails - which is a dictatorship in a change of clothes.   

Careful or you will get a 24hr ban

Seems if you upset some body's your shut down for 24hrs

There's a reason Farage has been excluded from the EU-exit deal committee and that's because he's a ****ing idiot. His ability to wind-up and antagonise his target audience for the leave-vote is no longer required as that has been achieved and Johnson and Gove clearly see no use for a man who will stand up in front of elected members of the EU and talk like that. You say nobody will remember his speech - yes, they will. People don't forget stand-out, outstanding idiots like Farage. He's accused an entire room of intelligent, elected people that they've 'never done a job in their life'. That soundbite will stick with them for plenty of time. 

Unless he is quietened he will undoubtedly diminish the chances of getting even a semi-reasonable trade deal - especially saying things like "no deal is better than the deal we have now".

You're all living in ****ing dreamland if you think we're going to get anything close to a bespoke deal where we have access to the single-market without free-movement, especially with Farage shouting his mouth off like that. 

There is no way we can accept and persevere with unchecked free movement within the EU if the vote of the electorate is to be honoured.  And no reason we should want to. It's an awful policy which is creating chaos and the problems will only get worse.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/im-so-scared-now-german-woman-hit-by-xenophobia-calls-james-in-tears-132971

http://news.sky.com/story/1718374/hate-crime-reports-up-57-percent-in-brexit-aftermath

Hate crimes are up 57% do you know how many that is, compared to previously?

Archived