Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

http://www.lbc.co.uk...in-tears-132971

Does that make you feel good about Leave winning? 

JTF claims that all of this was going on prior to the referendum result but according to this Sky report hate crime reports to Police are up 57%.

http://news.sky.com/...rexit-aftermath

Is that good? Should we all just shut up and 'move on' whilst that's going on?

Or do you just 'not care'?

Not being cynical but if you have an agenda and a narrative....and you are looking to re enforce it... you go out looking for stuff to back it up...ooooh look !  we found it ! we were right... the media are capable of manipulation and distortion ..you are aware of that are you not ?   to extrapolate a few incidents into a  conclusion that the whole country has gone nazi is ridiculous....

http://www.lbc.co.uk...in-tears-132971

Not being cynical but if you have an agenda and a narrative....and you are looking to re enforce it... you go out looking for stuff to back it up...ooooh look ! we found it ! we were right... the media are capable of manipulation and distortion ..you are aware of that are you not ? to extrapolate a few incidents into a the conclusion that the whole country has gone nazi is ridiculous....

You mean like the right wing press did with immigration in the run up to the vote?

You mean like the right wing press did with immigration in the run up to the vote?

yip... channel 4 news just reported the met and manchester police have NOT reported an increase in hate crime...but don't let the facts get in the way of the agenda..channel 4 is hardly the right wing press..

I absolutely loved the Farage rant, in fact I'm going to watch it again!

yep great, upset and belittle the very people we need to negotiate trade deals with.

He belittles them then turns around and says we need to be grown up's.

The 2 faces of Farage...again.

yip... channel 4 news just reported the met and manchester police have NOT reported an increase in hate crime...but don't let the facts get in the way of the agenda..channel 4 is hardly the right wing press..

Have they really? Or are you doing your normal thing of spouting utter drivel?

Quite peculiar that Daz has a source giving details of this rise, you're claiming otherwise but your only source is a TV news report not being covered anywhere else, whereas CNN, Aljazeera, TIME and the express are all reporting the increase in hate crime. 

Reports are up, does that mean incidents are going up? I don't know. I can't imagine people have totally changed their personalities because of the referendum.

Obviously I don't condone any violence, racist or otherwise but that's not what we voted for.

But you'll close your eyes to it and pretend it's not happening.

Guest MattP

Let's not forget some hate crime might be by the retainers.

I've seen all sorts of racism, ageism and sexism on social media directed at the specific group of "old white men"

Point missed but nevermind

Guest MattP

lol lol

Sky news now, a pro EU protest.

Chants of "stop the hate" followed by "Tory scum of our streets" (y)

So what are we supposed to do? Not vote for any change just in case some racist attacks occur?

Perhaps understand the consequences of your actions.

Careful or you will get a 24hr ban

Seems if you upset some body's your shut down for 24hrs

only 24? Mine was double that. They must like you more. :wub:

Finally plucked up the courage to check my investment portfolio tonight expecting it to have been routed. Turns out that because most of my money is held in Vanguard funds and Vanguard funds are denominated in dollars I've inadvertently made a load of money out of the pound falling. Nice. Bring on the turmoil! I love Brexit!

You might not like Farage..but he's got some fookin bottle, I give him that.

Maybe he should give up politics and play for Spurs then.

Finally plucked up the courage to check my investment portfolio tonight expecting it to have been routed. Turns out that because most of my money is held in Vanguard funds and Vanguard funds are denominated in dollars I've inadvertently made a load of money out of the pound falling. Nice. Bring on the turmoil! I love Brexit!

That sounds like the moose of old, me me me!

Archived