Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Have they really? Or are you doing your normal thing of spouting utter drivel?

Quite peculiar that Daz has a source giving details of this rise, you're claiming otherwise but your only source is a TV news report not being covered anywhere else, whereas CNN, Aljazeera, TIME and the express are all reporting the increase in hate crime. 

there you go  personal insult..... live in denial.... try channel 4 plus 1  then apologise... ok? 

Guest MattP

Just two weeks after people from all sides said politicians and the public everywhere need to tone down language, stop hate and have a nicer politics after the death of Jo Cox.

Demonstrators (whether it's EDL or the hard left) never fail to shame themselves given the chance.

CmDzs2xWgAANQfq.jpg  remainers demo.. they are training them young..a gentler politics  ...

lol

Almost as good as this one when Trump visited Scotland this week..

7rCchZ1Zikz_z5mjauUR_FtHVQ4dkyFKTDpfKWTT

Guest MattP

This is the same bunch that turn up every time the Tories win an election isn't it?

Although it's important to stress these people do not represent the vast majority of remain voters.

Guest Col city fan

Remainers will always shout louder and hate harder. The silent majority of England just vote.

Just imagine the scenes if UKIP used such banners.

Yet it's somehow acceptable if it's against them.

Hypocrisy, hypocrisy, hypocrisy

The country stinks of it.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/im-so-scared-now-german-woman-hit-by-xenophobia-calls-james-in-tears-132971

Does that make you feel good about Leave winning? 

JTF claims that all of this was going on prior to the referendum result but according to this Sky report hate crime reports to Police are up 57%.

http://news.sky.com/story/1718374/hate-crime-reports-up-57-percent-in-brexit-aftermath

Is that good? Should we all just shut up and 'move on' whilst that's going on?

Or do you just 'not care'?

I think you'll agree that racism has been going on for way longer than the Brexit campaign and I find it somewhat troublesome that media outlets and some citizens (on the "Remain" side) are now trying to construct a link between the two.

Yes, this may sound extremely far-fetched, but first of all, it's a police hotline for "alleged" hate crimes and the number covers two days straight after the vote. There's also no explanation whether the reports can be filed anonymously or not and whether they were reported all across the UK or in a specific area (like the city of London, for instance). I'd be curious to find out what the numbers are now, four days later. Let's not forget that we've seen knee-jerk reactions from both sides in the immediate aftermath of the Thursday results.

We all ought to be aware of and fight against racism just like the passengers on that Manchester tram, but also be wary of attempts at undermining the social status quo by using news showing only one side of the coin and taking single incidents (which are to be despised individually as well as on the whole) in order to fabricate/create a "story".

Let's not forget some hate crime might be by the retainers.

I've seen all sorts of racism, ageism and sexism on social media directed at the specific group of "old white men"

I get that all the time, cus I voted out, people assume I'm a white old racist on low income and loads of bastard kids

Guest MattP

Alastair Campbell all over that, total hypocrite.

Fair point made on the last page, imagine if we had a remain vote and thousands of kippers were now outside parliament chanting "fcuk Cameron" and all other obscenities.

Can't see being described as high spirits.

Wow, just read a post my cousin posted on FB.

'That awkward moment when you go to the shop to buy milk and get told to f**k off back to your own country'.

I'm sure the timing is pure coincidence, eh lads?  :rolleyes:

The thing is, you voted whatever you voted, for what ever reason. I'm sure that most Brexiteers didn't vote for an increase in hate crimes, but when you have Farage standing in front of posters that wouldn't have been out of place in 1930's Germany, you have to expect blowback.

Some nasty folks have got the wrong idea about Brexit, and think its f**kin Kristallnacht or something. Man up, and accept the consequences of your vote, the good (Camerons gone!) and the bad (most of the rest).

The irony is my cousins Irish, so whether we are in the EU is not the point, as we have special arrangements on a bilateral basis. Wouldn't expect your average EDF-type to understand that, I suppose. 

Wow, just read a post my cousin posted on FB.

'That awkward moment when you go to the shop to buy milk and get told to f**k off back to your own country'.

I'm sure the timing is pure coincidence, eh lads?  :rolleyes:

The thing is, you voted whatever you voted, for what ever reason. I'm sure that most Brexiteers didn't vote for an increase in hate crimes, but when you have Farage standing in front of posters that wouldn't have been out of place in 1930's Germany, you have to expect blowback.

Some nasty folks have got the wrong idea about Brexit, and think its f**kin Kristallnacht or something. Man up, and accept the consequences of your vote, the good (Camerons gone!) and the bad (most of the rest).

The irony is my cousins Irish, so whether we are in the EU is not the point, as we have special arrangements on a bilateral basis. Wouldn't expect your average EDF-type to understand that, I suppose.

Listen I'm disappointed this has happened but I'm not sure you can attribute racism to people who voted leave without racist motivations. That's uncalled for and completely unnecessary, you, we or anyone else does not know what reaction this may have caused if the vote went the other way. It wasn't just white British males that voted out you know.

Guest MattP

Bastard EDF types, putting up energy bills.

Hitler did that as well, his gas bill was ****ing gigantic.

Archived